AtomicReverb – new algorithmic room and reverb effects processor
MolecularBytes has released AtomicReverb, a new algorithmic room and reverb effects processor.
With its unique combination of algorithms, AtomicReverb is designed to make it possible to design acoustic room patterns in every conceivable way and for exactly the required purpose. By supporting non-static calculation in contrast to convolution effects, infinite density, simulated air movement and full 64 bit signal processing AtomicReverb sounds very natural. In contrast to convolution or impulse-response related reverbs, AtomicReverb does not use static models. Every process renders reflections like in the reality – with all its disturbs and dynamics.
AtomicReverb provides highly configurable processing for early reflections and reverberation (late-reverb). This allows creating sounds from subtle reverbs over full and dense halls to dominant rooms or even tubes. It also lets you choose from over 170 different predefined early-reflection signatures, which are additionally changeable in size, hardness and resonance. The reverberation (or ‚late-reverb’) processing – the dense ‘floor’ of a reverberation – allows you to create infinite density, airflow movement simulation and even gated tail length (usefully for percussive sounds). With parameters like “absorption” and “reflection” effects are also possible which are not found in other reverbs.
Currently, the plug-in is available as a 32- and 64-bit version for Windows – a Mac version is planned, but a release date is not set yet.
Price: 119 Euros. There is an introductory price of 69 Euros valid until December 31, 2011. A free trial version and user manuals are available for download on the developer’s website.
- Superior smooth and dense reverb tail
- Optionally infinite density tail (limited by sample rate)
- Double precision, full 64Bit internal signal processing
- zero Latency
- Room-Size reconstructions and spatial emulation, incoherent Stereo
- Acurate reality using simulated airflow movement
- Graphical displays to visualize reverb settings
- Adjustable gated reverb duration
- 5 Band equalizer
- 170+ changeable early-reflection signatures to create
individual room sounds
- 150+ factory presets
- Clear and easy preset-browser, handling different
- User and factory preset grouping