Hπ Instruments Microsynth: New Synthesizer App For Mac
Make some microtonal music on your Mac with Hπ Instruments Microsynth, a polyphonic multi-timbral microtonal synthesizer application (standalone). It’s now available in two versions: the multi-timbral version and the mono-timbral (single-track) version dubbed Microsynth-mini.
Both are Mac OS X SoundFont synthesizers for microtonal music, supporting seven types of tuning files, instant retuning, audio file recording, routing to and from standard MIDI hardware controllers, and sequencing and notation software such as Sibelius and Finale. Overall, Microsynth is designed to give you total control of tuning in your music.
The tuning features are the same in both Microsynth and Microsynth-mini. There are 16 independent tracks, each with tuning, MIDI I/O, SoundFont, and patch selection. Check out all the synth features, below.
- Unlimited tunings, any key to any pitch
- Individual tuning per track
- Supports MTS real-time Sysex messages
- Supports .scl .tun .hz .csv .mtx .gly and .tonex tuning files
- Supports single channel tuning tables of 128 tones
- Supports OMNI-channel tuning tables of 2048 tones
- Allows real-time transposition and remapping of scales
- Unlimited user-defined MIDI CC tuning switches and tuners
- Supports pitch bending of microtonal pitches
- Comes with GM / GS sound set
- Built in reverb
- Loads .sf2 SoundFonts
- Unlimited MIDI connections
- One virtual MIDI input and output
- Records WAV audio files
- Loads and saves scenes
- Multiple Undo
The Hπ Instruments Microsynth synth for Mac (standalone) is available for $19.99. Microsynth-mini (single-track) is half as much, at $9.99. For more information, go to the company’s Web site at h-pi.com.