Erica Synths has announced the availability of its highly anticipated SYNTRX II desktop synthesizer, a ‘dark horse’ for experimental sonic rides, enabling users to delve deeper into contemporary electronic and experimental sonic territory. Introduced at Superbooth 2022, the Syntrx II is an update to their Syntrx synth that takes the EMS Synthi AKS concept into the future.
While the Syntrx II is inspired by the classic EMS Synthi AKS design, it features stable oscillators, new synthesis options, a digital patch matrix, patch recall, a built-in sequencer, effects and more.
Based on lessons learned from the SYNTRX, we decided to create an instrument that would integrate even deeper into contemporary electronic and experimental music setups and cover sonic territory from daunting drones to powerful basslines and glitched noisescapes – the SYNTRX II is a new dark horse for experimental sonic rides.
The SYNTRX II is the culmination of our analogue sound design circuits – two perfectly stable main oscillators with waveshapers, a modulation oscillator with 1V/oct tracking, a versatile multimode filter, supercharged external instrument inputs with an envelope follower, a unique, great-sounding ring modulator, a recordable joystick, built-in piano roll sequencer and stepped modulation sources, all arranged around our signature matrix mixer and topped off with powerful FX on our new DSP platform.
SYNTRX II features
- Two perfectly stable main oscillators with CV-controlled waveforms.
- Modulation oscillator with variable waveforms.
- Highpass and Lowpass filters in series.
- Free running or gate synced sample and hold circuit.
- Multi-color noise generator.
- DC coupled instrument inputs with signal inversion and envelope follower.
- Ring modulator of unique design.
- Looping trapezoid envelope generator and VCA.
- Two output VCAs.
- Signal meter with a dedicated audio/CV output.
- FX section with great sounding Delay and Reverb developed in collaboration with 112db.com.
- Recordable Joystick.
- Analogue patch matrix with 3 attenuation levels in each patch point.
- 254 patch memory.
- Piano roll sequencer and two stepper modulation sources.
- DIN5 MIDI Input and MIDI Thru.
- Two assignable outputs.
- Headphone output.
The SYNTRX II is priced at 1,800 excl. VAT / $2,179 USD.
More information: Erica Synths