Curious about the title of this post well it is the name of a new live album from electronic pioneers New order.
New Order’s 2017 set at Manchester International Festival is captured on a new live album from the band. Division made their television debut on Tony Wilson’s “So It Goes program” in 1978. For the show “∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes…”, New Order deconstructed, rethought and rebuilt a wealth of material from throughout their career: familiar and obscure, old and new.
“∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes…” will be released July 12 on triple vinyl, double CD and digital formats. You can listen to “Sub-culture” live from the 2017 Manchester International Festival right below.
The new live album was recorded live on July 13, 2017 and includes the full show as well as three additional tracks recorded over the residency to give listeners a full representation of the breadth of material performed. The album is featuring tracks such as “Disorder” – from Joy Division’s “Unknown Pleasures” and not played live for 30 years – up to 2015’s “Plastic” from New Order’s “Music Complete”.
Created in collaboration with visual artist Liam Gillick – who has previously presented solo exhibitions at venues such as Tate Britain and MoMA in New York – and orchestrated by composer-arranger Joe Duddell, a fellow son of Manchester and a frequent New Order collaborator, the live show was performed by the band with a 12-strong synthesiser ensemble from the Royal Northern College of Music.
Times Change (Live at MIF)
Who’s Joe (Live at MIF)
Dream Attack (Live at MIF)
Disorder (Live at MIF)
Ultraviolence (Live at MIF)
In A Lonely Place (Live at MIF)
All Day Long (Live at MIF)
Shellshock (Live at MIF)
Guilt Is A Useless Emotion (Live at MIF)
Subculture (Live at MIF)
Bizarre Love Triangle (Live at MIF)
Vanishing Point (Live at MIF)
Plastic (Live at MIF)
Your Silent Face (Live at MIF)
Decades (Live at MIF)
Elegia (Live at MIF)
Heart & Soul (Live at MIF)
Behind Closed Doors (Live at MIF)
This summer New Order will be performing at festivals throughout Europe and have just announced a headline tour for October playing Prague, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.
- June 7 – Aarhus, Norway – Northside Festival
- June 13 – Oslo, Norway – PiPfest
- June 16 – Athens, Greece – Release Festival
- June 30 – Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter Festival
- July 7 – Dublin, Ireland – Trinity Summer Sessions
- July 12 – Lucca, Italy – Summer Festival
- July 18 – Bristol, England – Harbourside Festival
- July 21 – Cheshire, England – Bluedot Festival
- July 24 – Rattvik, Sweden – Dalhalla Festival
- July 27 – Benidorm, Spain – Low Festival
- August 12 – Girona, Spain – Cap Roig Festival
- August 15 – Praia do Taboão, Portugal – Parades de Coura Festival
- August 18 – Biddinghuizen, Netherlands – Lowlands Festival
- August 25 – Portsmouth, England – Victorious Festival
- September 21 – Madrid, Spain – Weekend City Festival
- October 3 – Prague, Czech Republic – Lucerna Music Hall
- October 5 – Munich, Germany – Philharmonic Hall
- October 7 – Berlin, Germany – Tempodrom
- October 11 – Paris, France – Le Grand Rex
- October 14 – Brussels, Belgium – Forest National
- October 17 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – AFAS Live