A few minutes with an Oberheim SEM Pro
Checking out the Oberheim SEM Pro, background video description below:
“Just had it for a day or two, so I’m still a bit hunt-and-peck when it comes to the controls. Sounds delightful though. No effects, straight into a mixer and out to the camera’s input.”
SEM-PRO. SEM with MIDI to CV Converter and integrated Patchpanel. This version combines the features of the MIDI to CV version with a 21-jack patchpanel and is personally autographed by Tom Oberheim.
- Select MIDI channel, controller number and bend range
- Select note assignment modes: latest, high note and low note priorities
- Select note re-trigger, filter track, LFO reset
- A second independent control bus allows velocity, controller data, or channel pressure to modulate either or both VCOs, the filter and the VCA
- Transpose function allows different keyboard controllers to utilize the complete MIDI note range
- Analog portamento
- Input preamp gain control – allows an external audio input to be processed thru the SEM
- High precision A-440 Hz tune signal
- Control voltages and gate are bought out to rear panel connectors so MIDI to CV function can be used with other CV/Gate gear.