Absynth 5: Granular Synthesis with Envelopes and Envelope LFOs
A short video showing a granular synthesis sound design session in Absynth 5.
Notes on setting up the oscillator for granular synthesis.
1) I loaded an audio clip with a computer voice counting from 1-8
2) I set to synth method to Granular
3) Remember Absynth envelopes only subtract so you need set oscillator settings to Trans to 0 and Start to 97. In this way the lowest value of the envelope is the beginning of the sample and the largest values is the end of the sample.
4) In the Mod panel, Time % needs to be set 0 thereby freezing the speed of playback allowing the envelope to control playback speed.
Notes on envelope modulation:
1) The envelope controls the play head.
2) Each envelope segment can have an LFO which further modulates the play head