Cubase 6.5 with two new software synthesizers, new effects and other enhancements
Steinberg has released Cubase 6.5, an update that adds two new software synthesizers, new effects and other enhancements.
Here’s what’s new in Cubase 6.5:
- Two new synths: The brand-new Padshop granular synth and the Retrologue virtual analog synth provide more than 700 extraordinary presets.
- Supersonic sidekicks: Check out the DJ-EQ and MorphFilter effects and VST Amp Rack 1.5 with new stomp boxes and signature presets made by world-class guitarists.
- New comping and audio quantizing tools give you the results you want in a more intuitive and faster way.
- Intercommunication 2.0: Export your mixes directly to SoundCloud, save up to 60% disk space while recording with the new FLAC support and connect ReWire client applications to Cubase in a pure 64-bit environment.
- Updates to Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6.5 are available for 49.99 EUR.
- Customers who have activated Cubase / Cubase Artist 6 after January 1, 2012 are eligible for a free update.
- The Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6.5 full retail versions are available for 599 EUR (Cubase 6.5) / 299 EUR (Cubase Artist 6.5). All prices incl. German VAT.
Retrologue features two oscillators, each with a maximum of eight widely detunable voices, one sub and one noise oscillator, alongside 300 presets and sounds.
Padshop features two individual layers in granular textures that are mixed and processed with a dozen high-quality filters, modulation and delay effects. Each layer consists of two LFOs, two ADSR envelopes and one oscillator together with new control parameters for generating up to eight grain-streams, plus 400 quality onboard presets for immediate inspiration.