Garage Band for iPad gets a make over
Perhaps the newly released FL Studio for the iPad has made Apple release an upgrade
Apple has updated Garage Band for iPad to version 1.0.1. GarageBand turns your iPad into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses on your iPad. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument.
Version 1.0.1 brings the following features and fixes:
• Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).
• Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand.
• Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments.
• Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues.
Garage Band for iPad’s original features offer:
Play your iPad like a musical instrument.
• Perform on dozens of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard.
• Tap out beats from the seat of acoustic and electronic drum kits.
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs on your iPad with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects.
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone, and apply fun sound effects.
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard.
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments.
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard.
• Strum chords on acoustic and electric Smart Guitars, or trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords.
• Groove with an onscreen electric or upright Smart Bass by tapping on chords.
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with the Smart Drums.
Create a song anywhere you go.
• Arrange and mix your song with up to eight tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops.
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play.
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume – solo or mute any track, or adjust pan, reverb, and echo.
• Use over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song.
Share your songs.
• Email songs right from your iPad (AAC).
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC.
• Send a project to your Mac and open it in GarageBand to continue refining your song.
Available through iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/a…