How to control your GarageBand set up from afar
Control Apple GarageBand from afar with the Delora gbRemote app from Harmony Systems. Available for iPhone and iPod Touch, gbRemote functions as a remote controller for the GarageBand music-creation program for Mac.
GbRemote emulates GarageBand’s most frequently used transport functions — Play, Record, Back, Forward, Beginning, and Loop — plus other important functions like Master Volume control and Mute. You can view all tracks in a song, select a new current track, and change individual mute and solo track attributes, all while away from the confines of your computer, mouse, and keyboard. All controls are sized for easy touch accuracy and visibility. What’s more, gbRemote automatically adjusts its layout for best viewing and functionality in both landscape and portrait orientations. In Portrait mode, all controls can be accessed with one hand.
In addition to supplementing the use of mouse and keyboard to control GarageBand, gbRemote also serves as a control surface for GarageBand. According to Harmony Systems, the app makes music creation more productive and allows you to control GarageBand from anywhere in the studio within Wi-Fi coverage.
GbRemote requires the installation of gbLink 2.0.1, a free OS X application that allows gbRemote to communicate with GarageBand using a Wi-Fi network.
What you can do with Delora gbRemote:
- Control transport functions (Backward, Forward, Beginning, Play, Record, Cycle)
- View all tracks in your song
- Enable / disable mute and solo for each track
- Adjust overall Master Volume
- Disable all volume during playback with Mute
- Current track’s name is displayed and color coded by type
- Select a new current track
- Enable / disable Metronome
- Create a new track
- Undo an action
- Save a GarageBand file
- Supports installations of gbLink on multiple computers
- iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS 4.2 or greater
- Apple GarageBand ’11 or ’09 application installed on your Mac
- gbLink 2.0.1, Delora Software’s free OS X application
- Wi-Fi access to same computer where gbLink is installed
- iPhone / iPod Touch Bluetooth must be set to Off during a gbRemote session to ensure reliable communications with GarageBand
The gbRemote app is available for $2.99 from the App Store. For more details, visit delora.com.