Rejoice all of you Renoise fans – new update available
With Renoise you create loops, beats and melodies efficiently step-by-step. It’s a complete, expandable Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with a refreshing twist.
The Pattern Sequencer and the Pattern Matrix are shown on the left half of the screenshot above. They are intended to view and edit the song structure. The Pattern Sequencer is a playlist for Patterns. You can also use it to navigate around the song. The Pattern Matrix gives you a more detailed view of the song and speeds up the workflow by letting you copy/paste blocks.
On the right is the main editor, the Pattern Editor. It displays notes and effects in a grid that can be navigated and controlled with the computer keyboard. The Pattern Editor takes the best things about text editors and brings them into the audio world: they are perfect for precise, repeating operations. Constructing a beat just makes more sense when you can punch in the drum hits with a keyboard rather than clicking and dragging lines with a mouse.
On the bottom of the screen is the effect chain of the selected track. Renoise comes with a large set of built-in effects, but also supports VST, AU, DSSI and LADSPA plugins.
New Features in Renoise 2.7
- Sample Keyzone Editor
- Sample Slicing
- Improved Automation
- Redesigned Instruments
- MIDI Input Routing
- Real-time Line-In Rendering
- Multiband Send Device
Some new Instrument & Sampler features at a glance:
- Sample Keyzones GUI editor per instrument
- Map different samples to different velocity ranges
- Map samples to key release as well as key press
- Stack samples and create overlapping sections
- Toggle envelope on/off per keyzone
- New Release sample loop option for exiting the loop on key release
- MIDI Input can now be routed to individual instruments and tracks
- Extended drumkit and keyboard layout generation options
- Sample envelopes now have Points mode in addition to Linear and Curve
- Autofade setting per sample for quickly fading beginning and end of samples
- Select multiple samples and batch edit properties
- Overhauled instrument properties GUI, now in lower tab