TB-Dither – new quantization and noise shaping plugin
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- First release.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.