Boz Digital Labs has announced the release of Manic Compressor, a new compressor effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Manic Compressor was designed from the beginning to be more than just a compressor. It was designed to unleash the power of parallel compression without requiring complex routing in your DAW.
Even with 6 different compressor modes and a comprehensive parallel routing setup, Manic Compressor uses an intuitive interface to get you way more power from your compressor than you’ve ever had before.
Manic Compressor (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $149 USD). Until November 30th, 2015, you can save an additional $20 USD by using coupon code MANICLAUNCH at checkout.
SoundToys has launched Soundtoys 5, a new effects collection that includes the entire line of Soundtoys plug-ins in one package. Soundtoys 5 adds the new Soundtoys Effect Rack, Little AlterBoy, and the new PrimalTap retro delay plug-in.
New Effect Rack
At the core of Soundtoys 5 is the new Effect Rack, a powerful multi-effects processor that improves workflow by providing a single place to browse the entire Soundtoys effects catalog, and to mix, match, tweak and save combinations of Soundtoys effects. The Effect Rack’s global controls – input and output trim, wet/dry mix, tempo, and the unique “Recycle” control – make it possible to create effects that would otherwise require complicated routing in most DAWs. The Effect Rack ships with over 200 factory presets covering a wide range of effects, from basic saturation and coloration to lush delays, chorus, filters, modulation, rhythmic, and extreme sound design effects.
All Soundtoys effects are carefully handcrafted, based on decades of experience creating professional effect processing hardware and software, and inspired by Soundtoys’ extensive collection of rare and classic studio gear. In addition to the Effect Rack, Soundtoys 5 includes expanded delay time for EchoBoy and Crystallizer, new, redesigned Tweak panels, enhanced groove control for Tremolator, and an improved LFO waveshape and rhythm editor that makes it easy to create custom beat-synced modulation patterns.
Soundtoys 5 also includes the complete line of Soundtoys effects plug-ins:
- Saturation, compression and distortion: Decapitator, Radiator, and Devil-Loc.
- Vintage and modern echo and delay: EchoBoy and PrimalTap.
- Pitch, chorus and widening effects: Crystallizer and MicroShift.
- Voice alteration: Little AlterBoy.
- Modulation and beat-synced rhythmic effects: PanMan, Tremolator, FilterFreak 1 and 2, and PhaseMistress.
- All of the plug-ins in the Soundtoys 5 collection can also be used outside the Effect Rack, preserving workflow and session compatibility with earlier versions of Soundtoys effects.
Little AlterBoy is a vocal effects plug-in that features pitch and formant shifting, distortion, pitch-quantize tuning effects, and robotic voice effects. Little AlterBoy was recently released for purchase after being offered as a free plug-in during Soundtoys’ Plugged-in Austin sharing promotion during SXSW 2015.
PrimalTap, Soundtoys’ newest effect plug-in, is the company’s take on an early hardware studio delay processor. PrimalTap captures the highly distinctive sonic imprint of its quirky hardware inspiration, bringing with it a healthy dose of lo-fi grit and vibe. Like the original, PrimalTap has two delay outputs, a built-in LFO, and a “Freeze” and “Multiply” function for capturing and modifying simple loops. Soundtoys has expanded the modulation and feedback options over the original, and added tempo-locked delay and loop times, taking PrimalTap far beyond just a simple emulation.
Price: $499 at. The release offers a new iLok dongle-optional licensing option and two activations per license – allowing users to choose two activations such as a studio computer, laptop or iLok.
Rob Papen has launched RP-EQ, a new equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In the virtual music world there are a countless number of different EQ’s available…so why another one? Well, Rob Papen is all about sound and he was convinced he could add something special to the EQ plugins.
When you first open RP-EQ in your DAW software you will see that it is far from a basic bread-and-butter equalizer. Unique elements were added to the core equalizer unit.
The toolbox includes a Mid/Side equalizer mode and Mono/Stereo split filter which is used frequently in modern EDM/Dance music styles. The Air section is fantastic on your master channel and the proven X/Y Pad adds a dynamic and creative edge to an already very musical RP-EQ.
In true Rob Papen style, RP–EQ comes with many great presets to get you started and with the ‘sound’ of RP-EQ you will have a great go to plug-in for your top notch music productions!
RP-EQ for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 79 EUR / $89 USD. The eXplorer-III bundle now also includes RP-EQ. The bundle now includes 14 plug-ins, and costs 585 EUR / $699 USD (over 50% off buying the plug-ins individually).
rf Music has released Destroyer 3, a Multi-FX VST plug-in for Windows.
Destroyer 3 is a collection of effects gathered in a single plugin with a designed to be easy to use interface and flexible signal routing. In addition to the effects, there are also LFOs, step LFOs and envelops that can be used to modulate some of the main parameters of the plugin and create movements and morphing sounds.
- Noise gate / Expander.
- Over drive.
- Lo-Fi: Sample and bit rate reduction.
- Cabinet simulator.
- 2 Filters.
- Parametric EQ.
- 3 Delay units.
- Stereo control.
- Trance gate.
- 6 LFOs.
- 2 Step LFOs.
- 3 Envelopes.
Tru-Urban has released Synthetik, a free synth VST/AU Plugin. Synthetik is designed to deliver inspiring sounds and FX for Hip-Hop and R&B productions.
The Synthetik VST/AU Plugin is called a “semi-synth” because it does not posses all of the traditional functions of a full synthesizer. Instead, the user gets sounds that can be fine-tuned and tweaked further using the LFO settings, Reverb and ADSR. Synthetik has glide control and the full range of play modes such as Mono, Poly and Legato.
Frederick Alonso has announced the release of Infinity, a free analog style mastering compressor and tube saturation effect plugin for Windows.
This free plugin is based on a concept for a hardware device which has been patented in 2014. Apparently, the developer is planning to build a hardware version of this mastering compressor which was inspired by classic analogue devices such as the Pultec EQ and Thermionic Culture stereo compressor.
The software version is currently available only as a 32-bit VST plugin for Windows, however a Mac OS X version is expected to be released in the future.
- Subtle low end warmer.
- 0 to 100% pure incoming audio + added Infinity dynamics.
- Brightness and width in mid and high frequencies.
- Subs will sound subtle, full and more focused.
- Kicks feel more alive, while the track becomes more open.
- You can add tube saturation (Lundahl transformer based).
- Audio gets auto limited to -0.02dB when you go over 0dB.
- A/B comparison (On/Off switch or toggle switch).
Infinity is available as a free download. Donations are appreciated.
UVI has announced the release of Relayer, a precision creative delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Designed from the ground-up to provide an efficient and inspiring workflow, Relayer lets you dial in everything from basic delays to radical rhythmic multi-effects with speed, precision and natural musicality.
Both an efficient utility and powerful creative mangler, Relayer is a versatile and inspiring musical effect. Its unique combination of features, incredible sound quality and easy to master interface help to make it an indispensable tool, both live and in the studio.
- Variable multi-tap delay (up to 32 lines) with extensive shaping controls.
- Per-tap modulation editors for Time, Gain, Pan, and 2 Multi-Effects.
- Visualizer helps you understand important settings at-a-glance.
- Intuitive interface for lightning-fast workflow.
- Input Gate for expressive playability.
Relayer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD until July 31st, 2015 (regular $129 USD).
Plugin Alliance has launched bx_opto, a compressor effect plug-in by Brainworx.
The Brainworx bx_opto compressor combines some of the best colors, character and features from what Brainworx has learned modeling the optical circuits of some of the world’s best-loved compressors. Rather than recreating a hardware product in software, the bx_opto takes the best aspects and anomalies from these legendary light-dependent circuits to create a software compressor you’ll wish you could buy a hardware version of. The result is a beastly little dynamics processor, teeming with character and spitting out sounds no analog optical compressor can.
Most optical compressors are appreciated for their musical, program dependent character introduced by anomalies in the light dependent circuitry of the sidechain; the general speed of compression is cemented by the given behavior of the compressor’s Light Dependent Resistor (LDR). Hardware opto-compressors can only allow users the ability to adjust the effect of this character by introducing a separate resistance circuit that gives some control over the compression envelope.
- Analog, optical compression colors with more control.
- Content-dependent peak reduction / compression with one knob.
- ‘Speed’ knob controls the coefficient of Light Dependent Resistor, creating unique transient response.
- Fully sweepable (20 Hz – 20 kHz) LP/HP/BP (wide)/ BP (narrow) sidechain filter .
- Wet/Dry mix for parallel compression .
- Accurate metering for reading amount of gain reduction.
- NOT a transparent compressor; gently level or completely raze your sound with harmonically pleasant results.
bx_opto for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for $149 USD.
Promotional video about Antresol showing some key features of the plug-in.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
The original, conceived in the mid-70s, quickly became a benchmark for flanger-type effects by offering a uniquely rich character defined by luxuriously harmonious interacting resonances, and has been heard ever since on countless classic recordings. That’s why D16 couldn’t resist the opportunity to resurrect the soul of this classic in a thoroughly modern incarnation with Antresol, our newest effect in the SilverLine Collection!
- True emulation of BBD based analog delay line
- Optional independent parameter control for each stereo channel
- Selectable L/R or M/S stereo processing modes
- ‘Mistress mode’ allows the whole unit to work the same as the classic flanger
- LFO can be synchronized with your host application
- 3 different LFO-to-BBD clock curves
- Ultra-low aliasing output
- Highly musical and pleasant sound
- Tag-based browser
- Two alternative GUI sizes
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout
- 64bit internal processing
Antresol is available now for US $49/39 Euro. A demo version is also available.
Get this cool new exciter by Fine Cut Bodies for free at http://finecutbodies.com
Fine Cut Bodies has released La Petite Excite – a free exciter plugin that they say ‘can lead you into a brighter future.’
The video demonstrates how to use La Petite Excite. You can also reference the manual, included in the download.
- OS – Windows XP or newer / OSX Leopard (10.5) or higher
- Host – 32bit or 64bit
- Format – VST2.4 / VST3 / AU