Sound-Base Audio has announced the release of RBXL, a synthesizer instrument for Windows.
RBXL is a full-size, dual oscillator subtractive hybrid VST plug-in combined with FM, RM, and AM. This synth also has built-in effects, an EQ, and an arpeggiator. RBXL is the bigger brother of Retro Boy and was made for retro quality sounds.
- Dual seven shape oscillators: 12.5% Pulse, 25% Pulse, 50% Pulse, Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- 1 to 64 note polyphony with portamento and slide.
- 16 step arpeggiator with adjustable oct/semi/fine tuning, gate, and velocity.
- 16 step mono gate.
- LFO, sequence, and envelope modulation for 20+ parameters.
- Low usage reverb, delay, chorus, stereo, and phaser effects.
- Built in parametric EQ and FFT/scope analysis.
- Multi slope lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and band reject filters.
- Frequency, ring, and amplitude modulation with frequency syncing.
- Unison mode with detune and octave spread.
- User settings and personalization features.
RBXL is available for purchase for $59 USD.
Outofmind has released Blow-fi, a shaper distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
Blow-fi is designed to change an audio signal into a different result that fits into genres like industrial, noise, dark ambient, or hard electro, and experimental. Methods of use can be from screamer, noise gate, bit crusher, filter, loudness maximizer to noise generation, re-looping, changing synths waves and others.
- Symmetric / Asymmetric shaper mode.
- Up to 20 editable points and 19 areas with six shapes per one area on transmission curve with cubic interpolation.
- Editable frequency range at distortion input, with modulated lowpass filter on output.
- Envelope follower, noise and sequence modulators.
- Modulated PRE and POST gain.
- Graphic display of the FX behavior on example sine wave.
- Optional DC offset filter in asymmetric mode.
Blow-fi for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 24 EUR.
Tor-Helge Skei has released fx_cutter, a free loop slicer/buffer FSU effect plug-in for Windows.
Audio is continually recorded into a buffer (length is ‘beats’, each slice subdivided into ‘slices’), and randomly (‘cut prob’), a few slices will be selected (‘max cut’), and subdivided (‘max loop’), and then this small bit is looped for the duration of the outer selection, the longer bit (the ‘max cut’ part).. and each time this loop wraps around, it can possibly halve (‘slowdown’) or double (‘speedup’) its playback speed, or halve (‘halve’) or double (yes, ‘double’) the size of the looped bit..
it is pretty uncontrollable and unrepeatable with all the probibilities, so i usually run a track several times through this, and cut out the good parts..
The plug-in is available for download for Windows (VST).
B. Serrano has released version 2 of Anubis, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Anubis 2 features
- 32 voices polyphonic.
- Unison up to 8 voices.
- Same waveform as Dionysos.
- 3 layers multimode filter.
- Drifting effect.
- Full MDI learn implementation.
- Envelope & LFO Host syncable.
- …. and more.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
Christopher Hooker has released Octaver OC-D2, a free octave divider effect plug-in for Windows.
OC-D2 is an octave divider plug-in that generates signals one and two octaves below the original. It’s based on the popular Boss OC-2 pedal, but with many more features and customizability far beyond what other octavers offer (both pedal and plug-in types).
Octaver OC-D2 features
- Control the tracking accuracy.
- Control the oscillator tone.
- Control the dynamic envelope.
- View the waveforms.
- Tap the audio at any stage.
OC-D2 is available for download for Windows (32-bit VST).
Bitsonic has released Violent Delay, a free VST Plug-in for Windows. Violent delay is a simple ping-pong delay plugin where a user can change the delay with chorus, filter and phaser:
- Original: Lower or add to the volume of the input.
- Wet/dry: Change the volume with this option.
- Feedback: Change the lenght of the feedback.
- Mid-side: At 0 state it functions as a delay mono, at maximum it functions as a ping-pong delay.
- Time: This option changes the feedback of the delay. If you want the feedback in sync with the speed this function should be at 0.
- Reverse: The delay turns around.
- Smooth: Makes the sounds of the delay more blunt. It’s like an attack-value changer.
- Filter: Filtering the delay – Cut the unnecessary deep or low sounds from the effect.
- Filter low pass: Filters the high sounds, leaves the low ones as they are. The resonance value is changeable.
- High pass: Filters low sounds. The resonance function that goes with the 2 filters can change the tune of the filters.
- Lfo: Automatized filter. It only works if the filter and filter on/off is on.
- Phaser speed: Changes the speed of the phase shift.
- Phaser gain: Changes the intensity of phase shift.
- Phaser wet/dry: Regulates the mix of the raw delay and the phaser sign.
- Chorus wet/dry: Regulates the mixing of the original and the mixed sign.
- Chorus rate: Adjusts the pitch’s measure’s difference.
- Chorus depth: Regulates the volume of the sound given by the value of the rate.
- Chorus delay: Changes the time of the altered sound.
TubeOhm has announced the release of Super Bruno-III, a synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Bruno III is the update of Bruno-RP, now with a sampler, a new sequencer and a new ARP. The GUI and the DSP have been completely revised. Bruno III comes with 2 sound banks (2×128 new sounds).
Super Bruno-III features
- Random functions for sound design.
- Multi mode filter.
- Comp filter, stereo delay, chorus.
- Micro tuning.
- 256 sounds.
- External MIDI out to control other Synths with the stepper/ARP.
- Easy to use interface.
The plug-in is available for Windows (VST) for 49 EUR. Owners of Bruno-RP can upgrade for 29 EUR.
beatassist.eu says that Mantra Evo is a high capable synthesizer, combining FM and Phase Dist synthesis, all in one. Here’s what they have to say about it…
Mantra Evo is based on an FM synth and a Phase Dist synth. Both of these synths are gifted with a morphing system that will morph the basic waves into some more complex ones. Each of these synths are also gifted with 5 envelopes (amp, pitch, filter, modulation and morphing). The modulation of these synths is based on FM modulation system using kbd and depth.
On the filter envelope you can tweak just cutoff, resonance or both. Each of these synths are gifted of an LFO with two targets, dedicated filter, free speed knob, sync option and waveform choice. There is a Chorus for each synth too, making your sounds phater.
The effects you can use for Mantra are Octave Stepper, Distortion, Reverb, EQ, Stereo Delay and Trancegate.
Each of the synths can be individually connected to any of these effects leaving the other off.
Mono Mode can be used with a high gliding range.
Mantra Evo runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 32-bits and 64-bits when bridged.
WOK has released MiniStepper, a free MIDI Step Sequencer Plug-in for Windows. Ministepper is designed to be easy to use.
There are 8 steps, each with velocity, gate length and mute. Several play directions, start- and end-step selectable on the fly. Sequence can be transposed by incoming MIDI notes (polyphonic). Host sync with dottet and triplet speed selection, swing, run on key press, MIDI-channels selectable for combined use, clear layout, free.
easy#toolz has released Mormox Imitate, a free synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Its an „Emulation“ of a very new Hardware-synth from Greece, called „Murmux Initate“
And it has a very „simple“ Structure at Original: 2 Oscillators with Subosc, 2 waves (Saw and Pulse)
Lowpass-Filter, simple LFO, 2 Envelopes (one AD, one ADSR)… thats all
My „Emu“ has some extra Features, indeed, i have tried to receive the brilliantly easy structure.
Mormox Imitate is available to download for Windows (VST) as freeware as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.