Saltline has released Drzewo Cedr – a free 2 oscillator subtractive synthesizer for Windows. with a 16-step pitch sequencer. Cedr was created with chip tunes in mind.
- The sequencer can also be fed to several other of the synthesizer’s controls.
- The pitch sequencer can be turned on or off for each oscillator allowing for greater flexibility in sound creation
- Bit crush and delay effects also add to the degraded yesteryear quality of Cedr.
- Other controls include a step sequencer ‘step envelope’ giving the user the ability to create a range of sounds from choppy arps to strange pads and textures.
- 5 modulation slots also allow midi control routing, such as, key follow, velocity and aftertouch.
Ever want to jam out on a midi controller with classic video game sound FX, or secretly add a few of those FX to your production? This is the Walkthrough of our massive 64 sample/ 4 bank Retro Video Game soundpack for Ableton Live. There are also an additional 2.5 banks before and after the 4 main banks of additional samples we liked, but didn’t use in the core pack. This brings it to a whopping 104 total, retro 8/16/32-Bit video game samples to take you back to the 80’s and 90’s. Enjoy!
FREE DOWNLOAD: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings…
Midi Error has announced Chipshop, a free sample pack featuring 844 samples.
A free sample pack crammed with over 800 individual samples and 70+ Loops. All recorded direct from C64, AtariSt and Nintendo Gameboy.
We are the music makers.
- Gameboy (Nanoloop, LSDJ): 91 bass, synth, lead, perc and sfx hits and 117 sampeld drum hits.
- SID (Cynthcart, Retroskoi): 61 bass, lead and sfx hits.
- YM2149 (Various): 36 bass hits, 48 custom fx, 124 drum hits, 145 multi-samples (5 instruments over 5 octaves), 29 white noise hits, 29 sampled hits, 110 sfx hits, 54 synth hits.
- 70 loops: 22 full loops and 48 drum/synth loops.
- 844 samples in total.
The pack is a free download at Midi Error’s SoundCloud page.
Wavesfactory has announced the release of Freelodica, a free sampled 32 keys Hohner Melodica for Native Instruments Kontakt.
2 microphone positions with stereo width controls. Envelope, key-noise and air volume control. 3x optional round robin and extended range. Original tuning and perfect tuned samples. Dynamics controlled by any CC. Breath noises included for more realism.
We also modeled the imperfect behaviour of the instrument so there is no either sonic or playable difference between The Freelodica and the real thing.
- Stereo WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 3x optional round robin.
- 120Mb downloaded.
- 2 microphone positions with stereo controls.
- Original tuning and digitally tuned versions.
- Envelope, key noise and breath controls.
- Dynamics controlled by any CC.
- Real behaviour modelled.
The download is available for free exclusively at Wavesfactory.com. Requires Kontakt full version 4.2.4 or higher.
VibroMaster is a sampled vibraphone containing 42 stereo samples from the
University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios public domain library.
You can use a sustain pedal to play with full release notes,
but if you don’t have one, you can switch from Short to Full release
with the midi notes A2 (57) for short and B2 (59) for full.
These 2 notes can be triggered from the GUI.
– 42 stereo 24 bit samples.
– 2 groups: Short / Full release.
– Release time control for the short group.
– Sustain levels for each group.
– Amplitude dynamic range control.
– Main volume.
Available in :
VST 32 and 64 bit for Windows
VST for Mac
Audio Unit for Mac
FREE Kick Drum VSTi synthesizer…NO SAMPLES just synthesis.
Download for free with no limitations athttp://hintonandfairchild.co.uk/bigro…
BIGROOMKIXSYNTH is a VSTi specifically created for making Kick Drums and Bass Drums. Unlike the competition, this is a true Synth, it uses no samples only 100% synthesis to achieve a thick meaty UMPH to your track with ultimate control to the sound.
he sound is split into 4 sections, SUB, BODY, TRANSIENT and HAT/NOISE with lots of controls to fine-tune each characteristic of the layer. It has a compressor an EQ boost and a Key Select…you can even change the background colour…… Below you can get more details on the controls.
The Synth is FREE to use and share providing you do not try and sell it yourself.
easy#toolz has released Mormox Imitate, a free synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Its an „Emulation“ of a very new Hardware-synth from Greece, called „Murmux Initate“
And it has a very „simple“ Structure at Original: 2 Oscillators with Subosc, 2 waves (Saw and Pulse)
Lowpass-Filter, simple LFO, 2 Envelopes (one AD, one ADSR)… thats all
My „Emu“ has some extra Features, indeed, i have tried to receive the brilliantly easy structure.
Mormox Imitate is available to download for Windows (VST) as freeware as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
Acrobatics has released Mate, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Mate is a hands-on, simple desktop musicians friend, inspired by synthesizers of the seventies and eighties.
It produces original synth tones and reproduces strings, pianos, basses, organs and bells patches with ease, but it can also explore wild and spacey atmos using its flexible modulation options and smart programming.
- 32-bit ultra-optimized code, zero latency, samplerate independent engine.
- All sample rates supported.
- Each control is fully recordable and automatable in host.
- Most knobs & switches receive external MIDI control changes.
Mate for Windows (VST) is available to download from KVR Audio as part of the Developer Challenge 2014.
AfroDJMac has released Univox Bass Lucy, a free Live Pack featuring a sampled Univox bass from the 70′s.
Free Download @ http://bit.ly/freesynth107
Multi-sampled bass guitar instrument for Ableton Live. Created from samples of a Univox Bass guitar. The bass can be heard on this track: https://soundcloud.com/afrodjmac/id-n…
Visit AfroDJMac’s site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
I’ve had a lot of experience recording this bass, and I’m often torn on how to best record it. Running it through a bass amp is usually my first choice, but I also really like how it sounds coming out of my guitar amp. So what I did while sampling was run the bass through an SWR bass amp and my Fender Deluxe tube guitar amp. Also, I put up an AKG C414 mic in the room to capture both amps simultaneously. On the Ableton device, you can mix the three signals together to meet your taste.
When you pluck a string on a bass, it will always sound slightly different. So to emulate that, I recorded 3 different samples of each note that I recorded. I set the LFO in Sampler to play any of these three samples at random. That means that any melody you play will always sound slightly different. Even a MIDI clip will never loop in exactly the same way with the same samples. You will always get a bit of subtle variation, just as you would with a real bass player.
Sinevibes has released a free Audio Unit plugin –Atom. Atom is a filter with focus on dynamic, tempo-synchronised modulation. It features five different resonant filter types each with three slope settings – up to super-steep -48 dB/octave.
It has two modulators which feature multiple waveforms and run at rates from 1/128 note to 16 bars. Thanks to the chaos function which randomises the amplitude of each modulator cycle, as well as lag switch that smoothens the waveform curves, Atom allows a user to create lively, elaborate filter effects.
Atom is the first Sinevibes plugin to feature a new interface design language that is designed to cleanly present internal components and logical or audio connections between them..
- Multi-mode filter with five types and –12/24/48 dB/octave slope steepness.
- Dual modulators with eight waveforms, per-cycle chaos function and shape lag on/off switch.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Extensive use of OS X Core Animation and Accelerate frameworks for hardware-accelerated graphics and audio processing.