Wave Alchemy has announced the release of Mutate, a virtual hybrid synthesizer instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt 5.
Twist, mangle and transform unique multi-sampled waveforms to create powerful abstract Dubstep bass, twisted Techno sequences, morphing growls, Mainroom EDM bass / leads, cone-melting subs, lush chords, warm analogue bass and everything in-between…
Mutate is powered by a 3.7GB core library of unique raw waveforms and pre-designed preset multi-samples, synthesized from the ground up, and recorded directly from a huge hybrid analogue / digital Eurorack modular synth system.
- 3.7GB core waveform library consisting of 9,035 multi-sampled 24-bit WAV samples. Heavily scripted Kontakt 5 instrument and intuitive graphical interface (requires full version of Kontakt 5.2.1, or above).
- ‘Designed Presets’ instrument featuring 142 creatively synthesized, cutting-edge multi-sampled patches recorded and designed with a high-end Eurorack modular synth set-up.
- ‘Raw Waveforms’ instrument featuring 4 programmable oscillators (+ 1 noise osc), each with 46 selectable ‘waveforms’ – designed individually using a mixture of analogue and digital oscillators from the Eurorack modular.
- 151 ‘Designed Presets Instrument’ presets.
- 20 ‘Raw Waveforms Instrument’ presets.
- Multiple filter types, custom on-board effects and impulse responses, extensive modulation routings and 3 LFOs .
- Sequence pitch, volume, note length, sample start point, filter cut-off, filter resonance, filter LFO depth, Filter LFO rate, stereo spread, distortion levels, reverb send and delay sends individually, PER STEP!
- Switchable mono, legato and polyphonic keyboard modes. Unison and stereo width effects.
- Saturation and bit-crusher effects
Mutate is available for purchase for £49.95 GBP.
This week, it’s time for SoundScaper App
– experimental Noise
SoundScaper is available here
Blamsoft has launched Zero Hybrid Synthesizer, a Rack Extension synthesizer instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Zero Hybrid Synthesizer brings modern FM synthesis to the Reason rack. Featuring six operators with tons of waveform possibilities, you can create unique FM sounds not previously possible in Reason.
But it’s not just for FM.
Zero also packs additive, subtractive, and RM synthesis into one very flexible and powerful synth. Six additive waveform generators, called operators, can modulate each other through frequency or ring modulation. There are two multi-mode filters for subtractive synthesis. Low frequency modulation is available through dedicated LFOs and envelopes in the operators, two global LFOs, and a flexible mod matrix. Three high quality on-board effects; chorus, delay, and reverb, complete the signal path. Zero is a powerful beast, but still user friendly and fun for experimentation.
300 factory presets designed by Aiyn Zahev, eXode, and Navi Retlav Studio provide you quick access to a wide variety of sounds, like EDM plucks, lush pads, and aggressive bass.
Zero Hybrid Synthesizer is available as a Rack Extension that integrates seamlessly with Propellerhead Reason. Own Reason? Zero is available for free trial and purchase in the Propellerhead Shop.
Zero Hybrid Synthesizer is available for purchase for 99 EUR.
A new Episode of 7 Minutes with an Ipad Synth. This week I jam on Elastic Drums. This amazing app is a modular drum synthesizer and drum sequencer in one. Personally the automation of the parameters during the sequence is a fantastic way to make some crazy drum actions.
Available here and if you want to support my channel and work please use this link
iceWorks has introduced Lorentz Polyphonic Synthesizer, a new virtual analog synth for iPad.
- Oscillators : Saw, Pulse, Sub, Noise
- High Pass Filter
- Low Pass Filter
- Envelope Generator
- Programmable Arpeggiator
- Inter-App Audio
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI Input
- MIDI Controller Mapping with MIDI Learn mode
- External MIDI sync
Lorentz is available for US $5.99 in the App Store.
Matt Tytel has released a beta version of Helm, a free cross-platform synthesizer instrument.
Helm is a free, cross-platform, polyphonic synthesizer that runs on GNU/Linux, Mac, and Windows as a standalone program and as a LV2/VST/AU/AAX plugin.
- 32 voice polyphony.
- Interactive visual interface.
- Powerful modulation system with live visual feedback.
- Dual oscillators with cross modulation and up to 15 oscillators each.
- Unison and Harmony mode for oscillators.
- Oscillator feedback and saturation for waveshaping.
- 12 different waveforms.
- 7 filter types with keytracking.
- 2 monophonic and 1 polyphonic LFO.
- Step sequencer.
- Lots of modulation sources including polyphonic aftertouch.
- Simple arpeggiator.
- Effects: Formant filter, stutter, delay.
Helm is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A debian package download, and source code for mac/pc is also available from Github.
TC-Performer is a multi-touch synthesizer with over 150 available patches to explore. I put a few of them together to highlight some of the different textures.
The only sounds not produced by TC-Performer in the video are the drum beat and final bass line (trying to channel Zia Geelani there).
Here’s what they have to say about TC-Performer:
Explore unreal synthesis with the most unique performance control on iOS! TC-Performer presents a multi-touch performance environment unlike any other synthesizer. Simply touch the screen; there are no buttons, keys, or sliders to hit. The sounds are generated entirely by your touch movements.
Each patch has a unique method of control. Pull, tap, drag, twist, and stretch your touches on the screen. There is no wrong way to play! Every instrument is a new landscape of sound creation. Pads, leads, effects, and indescribable oddities await.
You can download more patches in packs inside the app. There is also a transposition section available to change the key of the patch to fit your song, and Audiobus compatibility to record via inter-app audio.
TC-Performer is a free download.
Sound-Base Audio has announced the release of RBXL, a synthesizer instrument for Windows.
RBXL is a full-size, dual oscillator subtractive hybrid VST plug-in combined with FM, RM, and AM. This synth also has built-in effects, an EQ, and an arpeggiator. RBXL is the bigger brother of Retro Boy and was made for retro quality sounds.
- Dual seven shape oscillators: 12.5% Pulse, 25% Pulse, 50% Pulse, Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- 1 to 64 note polyphony with portamento and slide.
- 16 step arpeggiator with adjustable oct/semi/fine tuning, gate, and velocity.
- 16 step mono gate.
- LFO, sequence, and envelope modulation for 20+ parameters.
- Low usage reverb, delay, chorus, stereo, and phaser effects.
- Built in parametric EQ and FFT/scope analysis.
- Multi slope lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and band reject filters.
- Frequency, ring, and amplitude modulation with frequency syncing.
- Unison mode with detune and octave spread.
- User settings and personalization features.
RBXL is available for purchase for $59 USD.
Korg has announced the release of iM1, a digital synthesizer workstation for iPad.
Since it went on sale in 1988 the legendary M1 music workstation rapidly achieved record-breaking sales, becoming a mainstay of the music scene from the late 1980s and beyond. The appearance of the M1 helped musicians deliver professional-quality songs using just a single piece of equipment.
The design goal of the M1 was to deliver sound that would satisfy professional needs in two areas: performance and music production. This goal became the new direction for the PCM synthesizers and desktop music sound modules that subsequently appeared, and has been carried on to the present day with KORG’s flagship model the KRONOS.
High-capacity sampling and the increase in computer speed have enormously improved overall sound quality from a computer, but generating sound that delivers a real sense of presence demands technology and ideas beyond those that merely improve sound quality. The common element of electronic instruments that have left their name in history is that they had a unique sound that was difficult if not impossible to replicate. Sounds such as the “M1 Piano” and “M1 Organ” are instantly recognizable and have appeared on countless hit records over many years, and yet these are sounds that could only be produced by the M1. And that’s what you can now have on your iPad!
- Advanced Integrated System with 8 parts.
- 3,300 sounds (incl. all expansion sound cards) and 34 effect types.
- MIDI program change, Virtual MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Virtual keyboard and performance via external MIDI keyboard.
- KAOSSILATOR-style “Touch Scale”.
- Gadget-style “Smart Keyboard”.
- Usable as a Darwin gadget within the Gadget app (Programs only).
- Compatible with KORG Legacy Collection M1 format (.m1all file type).
- Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support, Core MIDI.
iM1 for iPad is available for purchase for the introductory price of $19.99 until June 30th, 2015 (regular $29.99 USD). The M1 Cards Pack and T1 Cards Pack are available as in-app purchases of $4.99 USD each.
Factory demo songs from the Yamaha FS1r synthesizer recorded direct with no effects.
The FS1r is the most advanced FM synthesizer ever released by Yamaha. Not only does it exceed the capabilities of previous hardware by 2 operators with its 8-operator FM engine, it also includes formant synthesis, which can be use to create sounds much like the Human voice.
Though it was not well-regarded when it was launched, its unmatched hardware capabilities make it a very sought-after piece of equipment.
1. Vokodrone (0:05)
2. FullTines (0:56)
3. Nebulous (1:14)
4. FatLine (2:05)
5. PikoVoice (2:33)
6. Kalimba (3:19)
7. BeatBox (3:47)
8. SpacyAah (4:16)
9. SuperArp (4:40)
10. Accordion (5:24)
11. FsMoby (5:36)
12. AcidKing (6:09)
13. Shaman (6:42)
14. AnaUnison (7:10)
15. Human (7:32)
For more information about this and other synthesizers, please visit http://soundprogramming.net/synthesiz…