iceWorks has introduced Lorentz Polyphonic Synthesizer, a new virtual analog synth for iPad.
- Oscillators : Saw, Pulse, Sub, Noise
- High Pass Filter
- Low Pass Filter
- Envelope Generator
- Programmable Arpeggiator
- Inter-App Audio
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI Input
- MIDI Controller Mapping with MIDI Learn mode
- External MIDI sync
Lorentz is available for US $5.99 in the App Store.
Matt Tytel has released a beta version of Helm, a free cross-platform synthesizer instrument.
Helm is a free, cross-platform, polyphonic synthesizer that runs on GNU/Linux, Mac, and Windows as a standalone program and as a LV2/VST/AU/AAX plugin.
- 32 voice polyphony.
- Interactive visual interface.
- Powerful modulation system with live visual feedback.
- Dual oscillators with cross modulation and up to 15 oscillators each.
- Unison and Harmony mode for oscillators.
- Oscillator feedback and saturation for waveshaping.
- 12 different waveforms.
- 7 filter types with keytracking.
- 2 monophonic and 1 polyphonic LFO.
- Step sequencer.
- Lots of modulation sources including polyphonic aftertouch.
- Simple arpeggiator.
- Effects: Formant filter, stutter, delay.
Helm is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A debian package download, and source code for mac/pc is also available from Github.
TC-Performer is a multi-touch synthesizer with over 150 available patches to explore. I put a few of them together to highlight some of the different textures.
The only sounds not produced by TC-Performer in the video are the drum beat and final bass line (trying to channel Zia Geelani there).
Here’s what they have to say about TC-Performer:
Explore unreal synthesis with the most unique performance control on iOS! TC-Performer presents a multi-touch performance environment unlike any other synthesizer. Simply touch the screen; there are no buttons, keys, or sliders to hit. The sounds are generated entirely by your touch movements.
Each patch has a unique method of control. Pull, tap, drag, twist, and stretch your touches on the screen. There is no wrong way to play! Every instrument is a new landscape of sound creation. Pads, leads, effects, and indescribable oddities await.
You can download more patches in packs inside the app. There is also a transposition section available to change the key of the patch to fit your song, and Audiobus compatibility to record via inter-app audio.
TC-Performer is a free download.
Sound-Base Audio has announced the release of RBXL, a synthesizer instrument for Windows.
RBXL is a full-size, dual oscillator subtractive hybrid VST plug-in combined with FM, RM, and AM. This synth also has built-in effects, an EQ, and an arpeggiator. RBXL is the bigger brother of Retro Boy and was made for retro quality sounds.
- Dual seven shape oscillators: 12.5% Pulse, 25% Pulse, 50% Pulse, Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- 1 to 64 note polyphony with portamento and slide.
- 16 step arpeggiator with adjustable oct/semi/fine tuning, gate, and velocity.
- 16 step mono gate.
- LFO, sequence, and envelope modulation for 20+ parameters.
- Low usage reverb, delay, chorus, stereo, and phaser effects.
- Built in parametric EQ and FFT/scope analysis.
- Multi slope lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and band reject filters.
- Frequency, ring, and amplitude modulation with frequency syncing.
- Unison mode with detune and octave spread.
- User settings and personalization features.
RBXL is available for purchase for $59 USD.
Korg has announced the release of iM1, a digital synthesizer workstation for iPad.
Since it went on sale in 1988 the legendary M1 music workstation rapidly achieved record-breaking sales, becoming a mainstay of the music scene from the late 1980s and beyond. The appearance of the M1 helped musicians deliver professional-quality songs using just a single piece of equipment.
The design goal of the M1 was to deliver sound that would satisfy professional needs in two areas: performance and music production. This goal became the new direction for the PCM synthesizers and desktop music sound modules that subsequently appeared, and has been carried on to the present day with KORG’s flagship model the KRONOS.
High-capacity sampling and the increase in computer speed have enormously improved overall sound quality from a computer, but generating sound that delivers a real sense of presence demands technology and ideas beyond those that merely improve sound quality. The common element of electronic instruments that have left their name in history is that they had a unique sound that was difficult if not impossible to replicate. Sounds such as the “M1 Piano” and “M1 Organ” are instantly recognizable and have appeared on countless hit records over many years, and yet these are sounds that could only be produced by the M1. And that’s what you can now have on your iPad!
- Advanced Integrated System with 8 parts.
- 3,300 sounds (incl. all expansion sound cards) and 34 effect types.
- MIDI program change, Virtual MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Virtual keyboard and performance via external MIDI keyboard.
- KAOSSILATOR-style “Touch Scale”.
- Gadget-style “Smart Keyboard”.
- Usable as a Darwin gadget within the Gadget app (Programs only).
- Compatible with KORG Legacy Collection M1 format (.m1all file type).
- Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support, Core MIDI.
iM1 for iPad is available for purchase for the introductory price of $19.99 until June 30th, 2015 (regular $29.99 USD). The M1 Cards Pack and T1 Cards Pack are available as in-app purchases of $4.99 USD each.
Factory demo songs from the Yamaha FS1r synthesizer recorded direct with no effects.
The FS1r is the most advanced FM synthesizer ever released by Yamaha. Not only does it exceed the capabilities of previous hardware by 2 operators with its 8-operator FM engine, it also includes formant synthesis, which can be use to create sounds much like the Human voice.
Though it was not well-regarded when it was launched, its unmatched hardware capabilities make it a very sought-after piece of equipment.
1. Vokodrone (0:05)
2. FullTines (0:56)
3. Nebulous (1:14)
4. FatLine (2:05)
5. PikoVoice (2:33)
6. Kalimba (3:19)
7. BeatBox (3:47)
8. SpacyAah (4:16)
9. SuperArp (4:40)
10. Accordion (5:24)
11. FsMoby (5:36)
12. AcidKing (6:09)
13. Shaman (6:42)
14. AnaUnison (7:10)
15. Human (7:32)
For more information about this and other synthesizers, please visit http://soundprogramming.net/synthesiz…
B. Serrano has released version 2 of Anubis, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Anubis 2 features
- 32 voices polyphonic.
- Unison up to 8 voices.
- Same waveform as Dionysos.
- 3 layers multimode filter.
- Drifting effect.
- Full MDI learn implementation.
- Envelope & LFO Host syncable.
- …. and more.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
Klevgränd produktion has released Enkl, a monophonic synthesizer, designed to be versatile and easy to use.
Enkl consists of two oscillators with one LFO each. These oscillators can be added, subtracted or multiplied together, and optionally processed though a filter. There is a simple built-in arpeggiator, a delay and a three-band EQ. The iPad version also has a unique “Extended Keyboard”, which takes benefit of the touch screen, rather than trying to simulate a traditional keyboard.
- Realtime rendered audio – no samples involved
- Two separate oscillators with separate LFO’s
- Oscillators can generate Triangle, Sawtooth, Square or Noise waveforms
- Oscillators can be summed or multiplied together
- Each LFO has its own ADSR and modulates its oscillator’s pitch or volume
- High cut and low cut filter with resonance (also controllable via MIDI)
- Chiptune-style arpeggiator
- Legato mode
- Ping-pong delay as a post effect
- Three band EQ as a post effect
- MIDI support (including IAA MIDI and Virtual MIDI)
- Extended Keyboard for live performing (also sends MIDI to any output port)
- Local on / off
- Pitch bend, Modulation, Low Cut, High Cut and Resonance controllable via MIDI
- Comes with 93 factory presets
- Documentation within app
- Inter App Audio support
- AudioBus support including state saving
Enkl Monophonic Synthesizer For iPad is available now for US $5.99.
Chiptune Remix by Fredrik Segerfalk on SidTracker 64 for iPad
3 voices of chip bliss, and a slight reverb added. Nothing else.
Graphics by Vanja Utne: http://twitter.com/CheesePirateEq2
Video and extra GFX by Moppe
SidTracker programming by Daniel Larsson
SidTracker 64 for iPad
Want to make some soulful Bleeps?
Wether you just want some creative juice for your productions, or produce entire chiptunes , we have created the perfect chiptune platform for you.The SidTracker 64.
Original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn…
David Hasselhoff – True Survivor – Jörgen Elofsson & Mitch Murder(P) 2015 Universal Music AB. © 2015 Universal Music AB.
u-he presented on Musikmesse the Supersaw Synthesizer Hive. But the supersaw is only one feature of many others