Kirnu has announced Cream Mobile, a new arpeggiator application for iPad devices.
Cream Mobile is an arpeggiator intended to be used with external keyboards or sequencers to control its internal synth or external synths.
Cream Mobile can also be used as a scratch pad for creating new songs using arpeggios and phrases.
It is described as a very powerful application with very precise audio/MIDI engine. It includes all necessary technologies every music app should have these days: Audiobus (generator), network, virtual MIDI ports, MIDI sync with host and slave mode, MIDI learn.
Cream Mobile features
- 4 independent tracks which can be assigned to different key range and MIDI in/out.
- 12 patterns per track.
- Drum track with 50 high quality drum loops from Sample Magic.
- Very powerful internal 2 OSC synthesizer for every 4 tracks.
- Two different views: Classic and quick edit view.
- Control Zone for changing most important parameters via external keyboard or MIDI events.
- Many different scales to choose from. When scale is chosen every note played belongs to that scale.
- Free rate tweaking. Now rate can be changed also in hertz.
- Chord memory with 16 independent memory slots.
- Pattern sequencer for automated sequencing.
- Sample accurate MIDI engine.
- MIDI learn for all knob controls.
- Note release functionality which enables more smooth live playing.
- Copy/paste functionality.
- Easy to use note hold mode.
- Presets are compatible with the plugin version.
- Pattern step data section:
- Tool section enables easy data editing.
- All data sections are independent from each other.
- Data sections can be looped with several different loop modes.
- Chord memory section enables different chords to be used in every step.
- Sequencer section enables sequencing the notes.
- Accent, order, gate, accent, transposition, note divide, note shift.
- 8 CC controls in each pattern.
- And lots of more…
The app is scheduled for release in Q3 2015, priced at $10.99 USD / 10.99 EUR
SidTracker64, a new app that turns your iPad into ‘the ultimate chiptune production package tool’.
SidTracker64 emulates the classic SID sound chip from the Commodore 64. The app is a retro-style music creation tool and synthesizer, combined with modern features such as MIDI keyboard and controller input, Audiobus 2 and Inter-App Audio for recording in your favorite DAW-app.
MIDI clock in lets you sync to other apps and hardware drum machines and synthesizers.
SID synthesizer engine specs:
- Fully emulated SID 8580 R5 chip.
- 3 separate voices
- 8 waveforms – tri, saw, pulse with pwm, noise, trisaw, tripulse, sawpulse, nowave
- Wavetable editing
- 3 volume envelopes
- Dedicated vibrato controls
- 1 multimode filter LP/BP/HP (12/6/12db) with sweep envelope
- Filter table editing. Change filter cutoff and modes up to 1/240
- Hard sync and Ringmod per voice
- PWM sweep envelop
- PWM table editing
- Hard restart
- Variable emulation speed from 25-240hz (standard 50)
- 32 instruments per song (copy/paste/rename)
- 3 voice patterns
- Mute voices on/off
- Change instrument per step
- FX pattern – change volume/filter/speed per step
- Loop pattern
- Song building
- Live or step recording
- Metronome / count in
- Follow mode
- Note effects (Glide/sustain/vibrato/filter & pulse reset/tie)
- Song mode with transpose
- Keyboard input 1-3 voices (mono, duo and polyphonic)
- CC-assignable synth parameteras
- Modulation wheel vibrato
- Pitch bend
- Midi Clock in
- Selectable input channel
- .s64 – native SidTracker 64 file
- .m4a – audio
- .sid – for use in sidplayer
- .prg – exports play data for a real Commodore 64
Can’t wait for the SidTracker 64 to be released on appstore? Or maybe you think it is a viable alternative. Find out more in this compelling head to head battle!
SidTracker64 is the ultimate chiptune production package tool for the iPad. It emulates the SID sound chip from the dominating home computer of the 80s – The Commodore 64.
Get started immediately with the bundled songs and sounds in various styles, from old skool bleeps n blips to new school with multi speed and advanced table editing. Explore, remix and make new songs based on the old classics c64 game tracks “Commando” by Rob Hubbard or “Blood Money” by Fredrik Segerfalk, and the brand new youtube remix hit of the “True Survivor” Kung Fury soundtrack, all included in the app.
SidTracker64 is a retro-style music creation tool and synthesizer combined with modern features such as midi keyboard and controller input, Audiobus 2 and Inter App Audio for recording in your favourite DAW-app. Midi clock in lets you sync to other apps and hardware drum machines and synthesizers, such as the Elektron Analog Four.
SidTracker 64 can be used for live looping, making complete songs, and the minimum latency makes it suitable for live use. Export your music to Dropbox and e-mail as audio or .sid and even .prg files which you can run on a real Commodore 64.
Editing is based on hands on touch interaction or midi input instead of the hardcore style of direct data editing. Record live to a metronome or input notes step-style. Real SID-composing has never been simpler and more fun!
SID synthesizer engine specs:
· Fully emulated SID 8580 R5 chip.
· 3 separate voices
· 8 waveforms – tri, saw, pulse with pwm, noise, trisaw, tripulse, sawpulse, nowave
· Wavetable editing
· 3 volume envelopes
· Dedicated vibrato controls
· 1 multimode filter LP/BP/HP (12/6/12db) with sweep envelope
· Filter table editing. Change filter cutoff and modes up to 1/240
· Hard sync and Ringmod per voice
· PWM sweep envelop
· PWM table editing
· Hard restart
· Variable emulation speed from 25-240hz (standard 50)
· 32 instruments per song (copy/paste/rename)
· 3 voice patterns
· Mute voices on/off
· Change instrument per step
· FX pattern – change volume/filter/speed per step
· Loop pattern
· Song building
· Live or step recording
· Metronome / count in
· Follow mode
· Note effects (Glide/sustain/vibrato/filter & pulse reset/tie)
· Song mode with transpose
· Keyboard input 1-3 voices (mono, duo and polyphonic)
· CC-assignable synth parameteras
· Modulation wheel vibrato
· Pitch bend
· Midi Clock in
· Selectable input channel
· .s64 – native SidTracker 64 file
· .m4a – audio
· .sid – for use in sidplayer
· .prg – exports play data for a real Commodore 64
For more info:
Check out these impressions on iM1 from both artists and those who had a hand in the creation of the original M1 Workstation.
iM1 for iPad is a complete reproduction of the legendary M1 that sparked a new era in how musicians wrote and performed with a keyboard. iM1 is a faithful recreation of all of the original sounds plus every single expansion card within the M and T series. Optimized for iPad, this IS the legendary M1 for the modern music making world.
VirSyn has announced the release of Arpeggist, a universal MIDI arpeggiator for iPad.
Arpeggist is a MIDI Note arpeggiator with a very flexible step matrix editor for programming and a unique “rolling dice” random arpeggio generator.
You can build arpeggios from scratch or use one of the factory arpeggios as foundation. You can also create an unlimited number of user arpeggio presets. Just play a chord or a single note and it gets transformed into a grooving monophonic synth line or a rhythmical chord pattern.
- Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 40 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order.
- Play trigger notes live with the onscreen keyboard.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI compatible hardware keyboard.
- Chord generator plays complex chords on one finger playing.
- Internal sound generator.
- Dozens of scales selectable.
- Selectable Arpeggiator MIDI Output port.
- Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing.
- Audiobus 2 compatible (Input slot).
- Inter App Audio.
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
- Support for virtual MIDI input/output connections.
Arpeggist is available for purchase for $4.99 USD.
KV331 Audio has announced SynthMaster Player for iPad, a mobile player version of the SynthMaster synthesizer instrument.
It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds during music production. Although it is a preset based player, users can edit the following parameters:
- 8 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer
- 2 XY Pads assigned by the sound designer
- Effect bypass states and send amounts
- Layer bypass states and volumes
- Master volume, polyphony
The free app comes with 100 factory presets. When users complete registration by entering their names and email addresses they receive another 100 factory presets as a bonus. After completing registration, users can upgrade to the Pro version of the app by purchasing the “Factory Presets” bank via In-App-Purchase (IAP) for $9.99. With the Pro Upgrade all of the 800 factory presets are loaded and also the following features are unlocked:
- Users can save the changes they have made to the presets
- Users can purchase additional preset banks via In-App-Purchase (IAP)
- Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don’t have to purchase them again
- Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.7 and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes.
The app is available for download for iOS 7 and higher.
Demo of zmors modular synthesizer for ipad
zMors modular is a modular synthesizer. You can add
various modules to your patch and connect them with
cables. You can use hardware gear with up to 8 usb outputs
for audio and/or control voltage send.
– 64 bit support
– send up to 8 audio/cv to your modular synth via USB Audio
– 32bit float audio engine with up to 16x oversampling
– InterAppAudio up to 96K
– Midi input
– very low Storage usage
– skinning with custom background images
OSC, MultimodeFilter, WaveTable, ADSR, Slew, VCA, DSP, Combiner, Oscilloscope, Chords,
CV Sequencer, Step Sequencer, Midi Keyboard,Midi File Player, XYPad, Delay, Reverb,
Inter App Audio Host, Sample Player, Macro for complex setups
– square keep sign
– 1-x (invert unipolar)
– x*-1 (invert phase)
– unipolar to bipolar and back
– hard clip bi- and unipolar
– quantizes halftones and octave
– up- and downsampling
– convert to 55Hz/V
– DC correction
– Slide low pass
You can get the Korg iM1 here at the App Store.
Korg has announced the release of iM1, a digital synthesizer workstation for iPad.
Since it went on sale in 1988 the legendary M1 music workstation rapidly achieved record-breaking sales, becoming a mainstay of the music scene from the late 1980s and beyond. The appearance of the M1 helped musicians deliver professional-quality songs using just a single piece of equipment.
The design goal of the M1 was to deliver sound that would satisfy professional needs in two areas: performance and music production. This goal became the new direction for the PCM synthesizers and desktop music sound modules that subsequently appeared, and has been carried on to the present day with KORG’s flagship model the KRONOS.
High-capacity sampling and the increase in computer speed have enormously improved overall sound quality from a computer, but generating sound that delivers a real sense of presence demands technology and ideas beyond those that merely improve sound quality. The common element of electronic instruments that have left their name in history is that they had a unique sound that was difficult if not impossible to replicate. Sounds such as the “M1 Piano” and “M1 Organ” are instantly recognizable and have appeared on countless hit records over many years, and yet these are sounds that could only be produced by the M1. And that’s what you can now have on your iPad!
- Advanced Integrated System with 8 parts.
- 3,300 sounds (incl. all expansion sound cards) and 34 effect types.
- MIDI program change, Virtual MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Virtual keyboard and performance via external MIDI keyboard.
- KAOSSILATOR-style “Touch Scale”.
- Gadget-style “Smart Keyboard”.
- Usable as a Darwin gadget within the Gadget app (Programs only).
- Compatible with KORG Legacy Collection M1 format (.m1all file type).
- Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support, Core MIDI.
iM1 for iPad is available for purchase for the introductory price of $19.99 until June 30th, 2015 (regular $29.99 USD). The M1 Cards Pack and T1 Cards Pack are available as in-app purchases of $4.99 USD each.
You can get Crystal Synth XT here at the App Store.
Crystal Synth XT is a full featured semi-modular synthesizer, ideally suited to creating lush evolving soundscapes. Crystal VST has long been a popular synthesizer on the desktop. Crystal XT brings that same powerful synthesis engine to the iPad and iPhone. Crystal XT features MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter or any CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and sharing of sounds with the desktop version of Crystal.
== Features ==
Browse through the included sounds and use the 2 octave keypad to trigger notes to produce evolving, rhythmic, or melodic sounds. Create your own sounds with a single button press using the breed feature. When using an iPad, you can delve into a tweaker’s dream by using the extensive editing features to sculpt sounds to your heart’s content (editing features are only available when used on an iPad).
Crystal features both subtractive synthesis and frequency modulation (FM) synthesis. It offers abundant modulation control with over 90 parameters which may be modulated, multi-stage envelopes with graphical editors, extensive tempo sync of envelopes/lfo rates/delay times, built-in effects for chorus/flanging/comb filtering/echoes, and a band splitter for effects processing by frequency band. Not only that, Crystal has wave sequencing and granular synthesis. The musical applications for Crystal are literally boundless.
== MIDI ==
With MIDI keyboard input, you can connect a MIDI keyboard to your iPad and play Crystal XT like a hardware synth. Or use a CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal XT on an iPhone.
== Virtual MIDI ==
Use virtual midi to play Crystal from a midi controller app. Use the Settings app to turn on the CrystalSynthXT Background Audio mode to enable Crystal to play audio when in the background. You can then play Crystal from a midi controller app which supports virtual midi.
== Sharing ==
With patch sharing you can create sounds on your iPad or iPhone while away from the studio, then transfer them to the desktop Crystal when you get back to the studio to use in recording projects. Or, create banks of sounds on the desktop Crystal, then transfer them to the iPad/iPhone Crystal to use in a live performance for a truly portable rig. Use Audio copy/paste to record your performance on Crystal and transfer that performance to another app. Or copy your recorded performance to your computer.
== Audiobus ==
To use with Audiobus, use the Settings app to turn on Background Audio for Crystal Synth XT.
== Different Versions ==
If you don’t need all the features of Crystal XT, try the basic version of Crystal, also available in the app store from Green Oak Software. With the basic version you can browse sounds, play notes, and create new sounds, taking advantage of its powerful semimodular synthesis engine. Crystal XT adds MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter and sharing of patches with the desktop version. Choose the app that is best for you!
== Notes ==
Important note for iPhone and iPodTouch users: Crystal XT runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Because of the limited screen space on the iPhone however, the editing pages, which contain the edit controls, are not available when running on that device. But on the iPhone you can still browse sounds, play notes from the keypad, create new sounds with the Breed feature, modify patches with the Design feature, and share sounds with desktop Crystal VST.
MIDI input via Apple’s camera adapter requires an iPad. Apple’s camera adapter is not supported on the iPhone/iPod Touch. On the iPhone/iPod Touch use CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer to connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal. We recommend www.iosmidi.com as a good place to go to learn whether specific keyboards will work with the camera adapter.
For videos and information about Crystal XT, visit: