Arturia has not officially communicated this yet, but it seems like they’ve got a new iPad synth on the way, iProphet.
According to leaked information that is making the rounds, iProphet is a recreation of the classic Sequential Circuits Prophet VS. The iProphet uses Vector synthesis to create its sounds, which allows for timbrel modulation. The raw sound can then be processed through a multimode filter and output effects.
Official specifications, pricing and availability are to be announced.
SoundTower has introduced Evolver Editor, a dedicated iPad patch editor for the Dave Smith Instruments Evolver synthesizer.
Evolver Sound Editor is an editor and sound development tool, created specifically for Dave Smith Instruments Evolver synthesizer.
Evolver Sound Editor displays all Evolver Program parameters in a single graphical interface.
- Real time editing of all Evolver parameters
- Program Bank manager
- Load/Save of Program Banks
- Transmitting and receiving of Program Bank data
- Sequencer editor
- Resizable on-screen keyboard
- Direct USB/MIDI connection with Apple iPad Camera Adapter
- Wireless connection possible using MIDI network
- Magnified editing panels
The Evolver Sound Editor is available for US $24.99 in the App Store.
Xmonsta has introduced Pull, a new touchscreen device editor for Ableton Live 9.
Built in Max For Live and based on the Lemur iPad app, Pull is a designed to be a fast and efficient workflow tool for sound designers, producers and mixing/mastering engineers.
Pull allows you to edit full-screen versions of every Ableton Live device (over 60 Lemur templates) directly from your iPad. It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
After a full year of development, we’re excited to release a new iPad Touchscreen Device Editor for Ableton – called PULL.
In a nutshell, this software allows you to edit fullscreen versions of every ableton device from your iPad . It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a very large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
We noticed that while there are some great controllers for Ableton, most of these lack intuitiveness when editing devices (only allowing you to edit the 8 banks of parameters at a time, using generic knobs).
PULL is set to change this, providing much larger, full screen, multi-touch versions that are designed to look just like Ableton devices.
The software uses a combination of Ableton, Max for live and the Lemur iPad app to achieve this.
Remix your tracks like never before with the new SuperSlicer for Traktor DJ. Slice-up your tracks and rearrange your loops using Scratch, Brake, Reverse, Slice or even Pitch-shift effects.
TRAKTOR DJ 1.5 for iPad is now available at the iTunes App Store.
Also available for iPhone.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
“Incredibly well designed and packed with great features.” (WIRED)
“Traktor DJ for iPad is better than turntables.” (Gizmodo)
“It’s wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun.” (The Guardian)
“Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses.” (The Verge)
“They worked on every little detail to get the app just right.” (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iPad swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Innovative Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Use TRAKTOR DJ CABLE for pre-listening to the incoming track before the crowd hears it
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- New Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
Simmons has announced the release of the new Stryke6 drum controller.
The new Stryke6 is the first ever iPad® controller that delivers a full drum kit playing experience without the kit. Combining Simmons’ expertise in electronic drum kits with their unrivaled ergonomic design, the Stryke6 is the only product of its kind that works in concert with your iPad to deliver a real tactile playing experience in a compact, tabletop design.
Equipped with six velocity-sensitive pads plus two foot pedals for kick and hi-hat control, the laptop-sized Stryke6 is perfect for on-the-go playing, portable practice, and other times when a full kit is not a viable option.
Using the free Simmons Stryke Drums app, the Stryke6 easily connects to an iPad for an immediate, out of the box playing experience, including a wide range of sounds. Or connect via USB to any computer to trigger a variety of DAW applications and sample programs, including Garage Band, EZ Drummer, Logic, Ableton Live, and more.
For drummers and percussionists, Stryke6 is an ideal portable setup for small acoustic gigs, or as a compact practice kit for small spaces or mobile music making. For small project studios and songwriting setups, it makes a great tactile instrument for tracking drums into a DAW or sequencing program.
- Versatile, first-ever iPad-based drum controller.
- Can also be used with any USB/MIDI computer.
- Ultra-small footprint with 6 velocity-sensitive drum pads.
- Access to a wide range of sounds.
- Kick and hi-hat pedals provide a real drum playing experience.
- Works with most MIDI applications.
- Free and fun, downloadable Stryke Drums iPad app (from the Apple App Store).
- Learn to play drums in an engaging, interactive environment using app-based tutorials and the color-coded pads.
- Includes drum sticks and connections for Lighting and 30pin iPads and USB.
Stryke6 is available for purchase for $129.99 USD.
Strom – a new iPad application that is designed to augment the Elektron Analog Rytm – using the iPad’s large touchscreen to add new options for editing, performing and more.
Elektronauts discussion: http://www.elektronauts.com/topics/vi…
Strom is an advanced iPad App, providing unprecedented integration with the most powerful drum machine available, the Elektron Analog Rytm.
Strom makes uploading samples from iPad to Rytm easy.
Its quirky monophonic sampler can can also be used stand-alone.
Furthermore, Strom offers a kick-ass interface to enhance your live performance.
The App is designed to quickly and efficiently bend Rytm’s vast sonic space, and to generate and mutate your beats.
Strom will be available at the App Store very soon.
The new symphonic music creation app for iPad, here’s a demo of all 10 of the included sounds.EDIT–see my blog at wtomusic.com for a written walk through of the app…no followup video will be posted.
The ultimate orchestra sound app for sophisticated musicians, directed by Kurt Ader, designed as professional sound module for your iPad by connecting an external MIDI keyboard, using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
This app supports Apple’s “Inter-App Audio” System (requires iOS 7 or higher) and the “JACK Audio Connection Kit” (up to iOS 6.1.3) for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
iSymphonic Orchestra was designed with the goal to deliver you superb, extremely realistic and stunning orchestra sounds, instantly with the first key being pressed by you on your MIDI keyboard. Just select a sound and you are ready for your live performance or for a boost of creativity while composing new songs. The sounds used in this app were explicitly recorded to fulfill these requirements and involved several months of recording and post processing under supervision of Kurt Ader and included a variety of innovative, new recording techniques. So far these sounds were only available to very few, famous movie composers. Now they are finally available for the first time to everybody. The supreme quality of these sounds, combined with the unique way they were recorded and assembled, gives us confidence that you haven’t heard anything comparable as of to date, even not on Mac or PC.
- 1. Orchestra Strings Spiccato & Legato
- 2. Orchestra Strings Slow 1
- 3. Chamber Arco Strings
- 4. Legato Orchestra Strings 1
- 5. Full Sordino Strings 1
- 6. Legato Orchestra
- 7. Staccato Orchestra 1
- 8. Staccato Orchestra 2
- 9. Tremolo Orchestra
- 10. Pizzicato Strings
- Low latency disk streaming.
- Polyphony up to 140 stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5 ms.
- Integrated effects with 18 presets.
- 16 parts.
- MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians of i.e. orchestras and choirs.
- Supports Apple’s “IAA” system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (iOS 7 or higher).
- Supports “JACK Audio Connection Kit” for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
- Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Configurable target MIDI channel per track.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the “Tempo Zoom” dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
Note: This app requires quite some hardware resources. In case there are problems with this app, please close apps in the background by double pressing the device’s home button, the list of active apps appears on the bottom of the screen, tap and hold one app icon in the list, then press the respective app icon “minus” corner to quit those apps.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and MIDI keyboard devices, please visit our product website.
² Sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
The Beijing-based electropop musicians of Yaoband came together to explore new musical frontiers. iPad helps them capture, record, and perform their innovative music.
Olympia Noise Co. has announced Ondes, which they describe as a new electronic instrument for iPad. It is inspired by the early electronic instruments of the 20th century like the Ondes Martenot and Theremin, Ondes emulates the classic electronic sounds of that era while adding some decidedly contemporary updates. They say that Ondes is an expressive and extraordinarily fun instrument capable of playing everything from gliding melodies to dense polyphonic sci-fi soundscapes.
App designer Ben Kamen says “I’ve always been inspired by the sound and expressive potential of those early electronic instruments, and wanted to develop a way to access that sound in a new instrument. The touch screen turns out to be a very natural fit for emulating the precise but fluid style Ondes Martenot is known for. I’m really excited about this app and can’t wait to hear the music that people make with it.”
Coming soon from Olympia Noise Co.
Be the first to get it! Sign up for our mailing list:
Learn more :
DrumORama is an interesting and clever drum machine for your iPad
A drum machine and solo tool. Drum pads have beat sequencers that play programmed rhythm patterns once when you tap them, or can loop. Tapping pads at different times generates interesting asynchronous patterns from simple sequences. Contains hundreds of drum and percussion sounds.