Sugar Bytes has introduced Cyclop for iPad – a synth designed for ‘monstrous bass sounds’.
Cyclop is a monophonic synthesizer that they say does one thing very well -‘delivering cutting-edge digital madness at the low end of the frequency spectrum’.
Cyclop uses mid/side processing to introduce stereo imaging between 250Hz and 4kHz. This ensures wide, interesting sounds that retain their punch and bass. There are no phasing issues, which means Cyclop cuts through the mix very nicely.
- Monophonic Bass Synthesizer
- 6×2 Synthesiser Engines, 10×2 Filter Engines
- Analog Sync, FM, Sample Transformer, Spectromat, Saw Regiment, Phase Stressor
- Vowel Filter Mode
- Free Signal Flow for 2 Oscillators, Filters and Distortions.
- Incredibly versatile modulation system
- Multi FX Knob/Sequencer
- powerful Preset Browser with tagging and rating
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, External)
- Music Library Access (Transformer Oscillator)
- iTunes File Sharing
- Inter-App Audio
Vibrant Digital Engineering has introduced Diode-108 – a new drum machine app for iPad.
Diode-108 comes with a variety of built-in vintage, classic, and acoustic kits, but you can also mix and match the samples provided or import wav files to create your own kits.
- Drag and drop effects let you put effects on individual beats!
- Drum kits licensed from respected partners. Dubsounds, Samples From Mars, Orange Tree Samples, and 99Sounds.
- 16 drum voices with unlimited patterns that you can arrange into your own songs
- Each pattern can have its own swing and tempo multiplier
- Every voice has PER BEAT control of pan, volume, tone, pitch, decay, compression, and distortion, delay, and reverb.
- Turn NOTE MODE on for any voice and control the musical note (up or down an octave from the original pitch). Great for basslines or pitched percussion
- Wav sample import
- Mix and Match kits (easily substitute any sample in any kit). Want an 808 kick in a 909 kit? No problem.
Diode-108 lets you export your songs as wav files to SoundCloud, DropBox, or iTunes, or send them through Audiobus to other apps on your iPad.
Diode-108 is available now for US $5.99 in the App Store.
All sounds in the music for this video are just guitar processed with Johnny, the only synths used were for bass and drums. The mix was done with a self imposed “no post processing” rule including no eq or compressors, in order to show how Johnny can be used in a musical context, with as raw of a tone as possible.
I’ve made the Auria project for this track available for download for anyone who wants to poke around with the mix and listen to the individual tracks to hear what Johnny is capable of.
Download the Auria project
Johnny is a highly versatile stereo multiwave tremolo effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, perfect for adding everything from classic guitar amp style tremolo to pulsating, rhythmic multiwave modulation effects for guitar, synths, voice and more. Harmonic Tremolo modes create vintage phaser and univibe like tones, you can also modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Johnny can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone. Guitarists can use the effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Johnny supports USB MIDI interfaces via the Camera Connection kit, Bluetooth MIDI (iOS 8), Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Johnny’s effect parameters.
For more info and video demos visit: http://johnnyfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 7.1 or later
● iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st gen or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect, state saving)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, Garageband and Multitrack DAW
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI (USB, Virtual, Wifi)
● MIDI over Bluetooth (iOS 8, receiver)
● Control Left and Right channel Tremolo Rate, Depth, Shape, and Multiwave parameters to produce everything form subtle tremolo to wildly modulated stereo tremolo effects.
● Multiple modes including Classic Tremolo and Harmonic Tremolo.
● Modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
● BPM synced tremolo including MIDI clock sync, independent per channel or linked.
● Audiobus compatible with state saving
● Inter-app Audio compatible
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Johnny works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam and Jam96k
● Apogee Mic and Mic96k
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Focusrite iTrack dock
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
Borderlands Granular is a new musical instrument for the iPad. Touch, transform, and explore sound with this new interface for granular synthesis, a technique that involves the superposition of small fragments of sound, or “grains”, to create complex, evolving timbres and textures.
You can get Borderlands Granular here at the app store.
You can get Audioshare here too.
And if you want to get Crystalline.
And you can get Node Beat here also.
sound designing with new amazing music app borderlands granular 2.0
Appstore links are
BORDERLANDS GRANULAR—– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/borde…
AUDIOBUS —- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio…
Bill Mitsakos’ real-time touchscreen editor for the vintage Six-Trak synth. CORRECTION: Guy Taylor is formerly of Swithced-On music; now he has his own Bay Area modular webstore called I/O Music Technology: http://io-mt.com
The Sequential Circuits Six-Trak is a basic six-voice, 1 DCO/voice synthesizer. It is slow to create patches on, because it was designed to use just 1 shared knob for all patching, to keep costs down.
Mitsakos’ editor adds visual patch editing for the Six-Track, patch management and cloud patch backup.
Pricing and availability for the Six-Trak editor are to be announced.
A revolution is underway: Mixfader is the first connected crossfader provided with a dedicated DJ app that dematerializes the classic turntables on any smartphone and tablet. Anyone can now mix and scratch anywhere and anytime.
Designed by sound engineers in collaboration with professional turntablists, Mixfader is both an intuitive and powerful solution that meets professional requirements.
Control your crossfader as a pro to create perfect sound cutting and original compositions through returning movements.
Create your own routines by reinventing scratching and mixing techniques. You have never been so close to become the next C2C.
Using Geo Synthesizer iOS app by Wizdom Music though Silent Way Voice Controller Plug-In to control pitch and gate of my eurorack modular analog synth.
The Korg MS-20 mini is an analog synth, the reincarnation of the classic MS-20. The iMS-20 is the iPad version of the same machine.
If you just try to use the same settings on both, the first thought will be “The iMS-20 simply can’t sound like the real thing”. But in fact, they have different behavior for the same settings on the filter and envelope modules. Don’t expect to make the same sounds using the same settings on both!
With some work and listening carefully you can make the iPad app to sound much closer than before.
Here is another example, now using the filter with resonance and a big release time.
Patch images for MS-20 mini and iMS-20 for iPad: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1…
Casio has released CZ App for iPad, a virtual synthesizer app based on Casio’s best-selling CZ series of synthesizers, including the CZ-101 model released in 1984.
Along with its electronic musical instruments, Casio has been developing musical apps with the goal of providing the joy of playing music to more and more people. To date, Casio has released several apps that have become widely popular: Chordana Viewer and Chordana Tap, which automatically detect the chord progressions of songs; as well as Musical Practice Tool, a useful app for practicing a musical instrument or singing.
Now Casio has released the CZ App for iPad, an iPad app that recreates its best-selling CZ series of classic synthesizers and includes several all-new functions. CZ App for iPad allows up to four separate parts to be played using the original Phase Distortion sound source by Casio, and features 36 types of waveforms for producing a wide range of sounds.
The app is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
This week the Photphore Synth by Taika Systems Ltd
Photophore is a unique instrument that uses flocks of up to 100 sound generators to create rich, organic synthesizer sounds. By controlling the behavior of the flocks you can make Photophore sound like a choir of synthesizers or, at more extreme settings, a swarm of angry insects.
Unlike other digital synthesizers, Photophore creates warmth and character in a completely new way. Instead of modeling analog circuits, it models animal behavior. Photophore’s sound engine is made up of flocks of oscillators that move through a virtual three-dimensional environment. Their motion is controlled by a special behavioral algorithm and physics simulation that keeps the oscillators in tune with each other, but allows for a certain amount of natural drifting and detuning. This creates rich timbres that are perfect for crafting massive bass sounds, complex pads and searing leads.