You can get Crystal Synth XT here at the App Store.
Crystal Synth XT is a full featured semi-modular synthesizer, ideally suited to creating lush evolving soundscapes. Crystal VST has long been a popular synthesizer on the desktop. Crystal XT brings that same powerful synthesis engine to the iPad and iPhone. Crystal XT features MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter or any CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and sharing of sounds with the desktop version of Crystal.
== Features ==
Browse through the included sounds and use the 2 octave keypad to trigger notes to produce evolving, rhythmic, or melodic sounds. Create your own sounds with a single button press using the breed feature. When using an iPad, you can delve into a tweaker’s dream by using the extensive editing features to sculpt sounds to your heart’s content (editing features are only available when used on an iPad).
Crystal features both subtractive synthesis and frequency modulation (FM) synthesis. It offers abundant modulation control with over 90 parameters which may be modulated, multi-stage envelopes with graphical editors, extensive tempo sync of envelopes/lfo rates/delay times, built-in effects for chorus/flanging/comb filtering/echoes, and a band splitter for effects processing by frequency band. Not only that, Crystal has wave sequencing and granular synthesis. The musical applications for Crystal are literally boundless.
== MIDI ==
With MIDI keyboard input, you can connect a MIDI keyboard to your iPad and play Crystal XT like a hardware synth. Or use a CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal XT on an iPhone.
== Virtual MIDI ==
Use virtual midi to play Crystal from a midi controller app. Use the Settings app to turn on the CrystalSynthXT Background Audio mode to enable Crystal to play audio when in the background. You can then play Crystal from a midi controller app which supports virtual midi.
== Sharing ==
With patch sharing you can create sounds on your iPad or iPhone while away from the studio, then transfer them to the desktop Crystal when you get back to the studio to use in recording projects. Or, create banks of sounds on the desktop Crystal, then transfer them to the iPad/iPhone Crystal to use in a live performance for a truly portable rig. Use Audio copy/paste to record your performance on Crystal and transfer that performance to another app. Or copy your recorded performance to your computer.
== Audiobus ==
To use with Audiobus, use the Settings app to turn on Background Audio for Crystal Synth XT.
== Different Versions ==
If you don’t need all the features of Crystal XT, try the basic version of Crystal, also available in the app store from Green Oak Software. With the basic version you can browse sounds, play notes, and create new sounds, taking advantage of its powerful semimodular synthesis engine. Crystal XT adds MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter and sharing of patches with the desktop version. Choose the app that is best for you!
== Notes ==
Important note for iPhone and iPodTouch users: Crystal XT runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Because of the limited screen space on the iPhone however, the editing pages, which contain the edit controls, are not available when running on that device. But on the iPhone you can still browse sounds, play notes from the keypad, create new sounds with the Breed feature, modify patches with the Design feature, and share sounds with desktop Crystal VST.
MIDI input via Apple’s camera adapter requires an iPad. Apple’s camera adapter is not supported on the iPhone/iPod Touch. On the iPhone/iPod Touch use CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer to connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal. We recommend www.iosmidi.com as a good place to go to learn whether specific keyboards will work with the camera adapter.
For videos and information about Crystal XT, visit:
Klevgränd produktion has released Enkl, a monophonic synthesizer, designed to be versatile and easy to use.
Enkl consists of two oscillators with one LFO each. These oscillators can be added, subtracted or multiplied together, and optionally processed though a filter. There is a simple built-in arpeggiator, a delay and a three-band EQ. The iPad version also has a unique “Extended Keyboard”, which takes benefit of the touch screen, rather than trying to simulate a traditional keyboard.
- Realtime rendered audio – no samples involved
- Two separate oscillators with separate LFO’s
- Oscillators can generate Triangle, Sawtooth, Square or Noise waveforms
- Oscillators can be summed or multiplied together
- Each LFO has its own ADSR and modulates its oscillator’s pitch or volume
- High cut and low cut filter with resonance (also controllable via MIDI)
- Chiptune-style arpeggiator
- Legato mode
- Ping-pong delay as a post effect
- Three band EQ as a post effect
- MIDI support (including IAA MIDI and Virtual MIDI)
- Extended Keyboard for live performing (also sends MIDI to any output port)
- Local on / off
- Pitch bend, Modulation, Low Cut, High Cut and Resonance controllable via MIDI
- Comes with 93 factory presets
- Documentation within app
- Inter App Audio support
- AudioBus support including state saving
Enkl Monophonic Synthesizer For iPad is available now for US $5.99.
CONDUCTR ABLETON USER MODULES
• 2 fully customizable module types: Default and XY-4D pads.
• Each Default User Module can contain up to 8 parameter controllers from any device on any track featured in your Ableton Live set.
• 4 different control interfaces: faders, crossfaders, buttons and quantized scales.
• Default User Modules can be quickly created and edited at any time, even while playing, by browsing and selecting any of your set’s parameters on the iPad or through the LEARN feature.
• RESET feature: create parameter’s values memories and recover them whenever you want.
• GESTURAL MODE: automatic gesture detection to play without looking at the iPad!
DOWNLOAD CONDUCTR NOW AND TRY THE USER MODULES FOR FREE: http://appstore.com/conductr
Sugar Bytes has introduced Cyclop for iPad – a synth designed for ‘monstrous bass sounds’.
Cyclop is a monophonic synthesizer that they say does one thing very well -‘delivering cutting-edge digital madness at the low end of the frequency spectrum’.
Cyclop uses mid/side processing to introduce stereo imaging between 250Hz and 4kHz. This ensures wide, interesting sounds that retain their punch and bass. There are no phasing issues, which means Cyclop cuts through the mix very nicely.
- Monophonic Bass Synthesizer
- 6×2 Synthesiser Engines, 10×2 Filter Engines
- Analog Sync, FM, Sample Transformer, Spectromat, Saw Regiment, Phase Stressor
- Vowel Filter Mode
- Free Signal Flow for 2 Oscillators, Filters and Distortions.
- Incredibly versatile modulation system
- Multi FX Knob/Sequencer
- powerful Preset Browser with tagging and rating
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, External)
- Music Library Access (Transformer Oscillator)
- iTunes File Sharing
- Inter-App Audio
Vibrant Digital Engineering has introduced Diode-108 – a new drum machine app for iPad.
Diode-108 comes with a variety of built-in vintage, classic, and acoustic kits, but you can also mix and match the samples provided or import wav files to create your own kits.
- Drag and drop effects let you put effects on individual beats!
- Drum kits licensed from respected partners. Dubsounds, Samples From Mars, Orange Tree Samples, and 99Sounds.
- 16 drum voices with unlimited patterns that you can arrange into your own songs
- Each pattern can have its own swing and tempo multiplier
- Every voice has PER BEAT control of pan, volume, tone, pitch, decay, compression, and distortion, delay, and reverb.
- Turn NOTE MODE on for any voice and control the musical note (up or down an octave from the original pitch). Great for basslines or pitched percussion
- Wav sample import
- Mix and Match kits (easily substitute any sample in any kit). Want an 808 kick in a 909 kit? No problem.
Diode-108 lets you export your songs as wav files to SoundCloud, DropBox, or iTunes, or send them through Audiobus to other apps on your iPad.
Diode-108 is available now for US $5.99 in the App Store.
All sounds in the music for this video are just guitar processed with Johnny, the only synths used were for bass and drums. The mix was done with a self imposed “no post processing” rule including no eq or compressors, in order to show how Johnny can be used in a musical context, with as raw of a tone as possible.
I’ve made the Auria project for this track available for download for anyone who wants to poke around with the mix and listen to the individual tracks to hear what Johnny is capable of.
Download the Auria project
Johnny is a highly versatile stereo multiwave tremolo effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, perfect for adding everything from classic guitar amp style tremolo to pulsating, rhythmic multiwave modulation effects for guitar, synths, voice and more. Harmonic Tremolo modes create vintage phaser and univibe like tones, you can also modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Johnny can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone. Guitarists can use the effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Johnny supports USB MIDI interfaces via the Camera Connection kit, Bluetooth MIDI (iOS 8), Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Johnny’s effect parameters.
For more info and video demos visit: http://johnnyfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 7.1 or later
● iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st gen or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect, state saving)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, Garageband and Multitrack DAW
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI (USB, Virtual, Wifi)
● MIDI over Bluetooth (iOS 8, receiver)
● Control Left and Right channel Tremolo Rate, Depth, Shape, and Multiwave parameters to produce everything form subtle tremolo to wildly modulated stereo tremolo effects.
● Multiple modes including Classic Tremolo and Harmonic Tremolo.
● Modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
● BPM synced tremolo including MIDI clock sync, independent per channel or linked.
● Audiobus compatible with state saving
● Inter-app Audio compatible
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Johnny works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam and Jam96k
● Apogee Mic and Mic96k
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Focusrite iTrack dock
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
Borderlands Granular is a new musical instrument for the iPad. Touch, transform, and explore sound with this new interface for granular synthesis, a technique that involves the superposition of small fragments of sound, or “grains”, to create complex, evolving timbres and textures.
You can get Borderlands Granular here at the app store.
You can get Audioshare here too.
And if you want to get Crystalline.
And you can get Node Beat here also.
sound designing with new amazing music app borderlands granular 2.0
Appstore links are
BORDERLANDS GRANULAR—– https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/borde…
AUDIOBUS —- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio…
Bill Mitsakos’ real-time touchscreen editor for the vintage Six-Trak synth. CORRECTION: Guy Taylor is formerly of Swithced-On music; now he has his own Bay Area modular webstore called I/O Music Technology: http://io-mt.com
The Sequential Circuits Six-Trak is a basic six-voice, 1 DCO/voice synthesizer. It is slow to create patches on, because it was designed to use just 1 shared knob for all patching, to keep costs down.
Mitsakos’ editor adds visual patch editing for the Six-Track, patch management and cloud patch backup.
Pricing and availability for the Six-Trak editor are to be announced.
A revolution is underway: Mixfader is the first connected crossfader provided with a dedicated DJ app that dematerializes the classic turntables on any smartphone and tablet. Anyone can now mix and scratch anywhere and anytime.
Designed by sound engineers in collaboration with professional turntablists, Mixfader is both an intuitive and powerful solution that meets professional requirements.
Control your crossfader as a pro to create perfect sound cutting and original compositions through returning movements.
Create your own routines by reinventing scratching and mixing techniques. You have never been so close to become the next C2C.
Using Geo Synthesizer iOS app by Wizdom Music though Silent Way Voice Controller Plug-In to control pitch and gate of my eurorack modular analog synth.