Klevgränd has introduced Svep – a stereo modulation filter effect for iPad.
All parameters are easily editable in one screen.
- Inter App Audio (IAA) compatible. Works fine with Garageband and other IAA compatible hosts.
- Supports Audiobus 2 including state saving.
- Load / Save presets
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects)
- Low cpu usage
- Simple but yet powerful user interface
Svep is available for US $1.99 in the App Store.
Are iPads only good for consuming media? I don’t think so!
Everything you see here was created on an iPad Air (first generation), mostly using Sprite Dancer, a great animation app that reminds me of After Effects version 2.0 — 15 or 20 years ago! Other apps used include Procreate, iDraw, FluidFX, Plastic, the iPad Camera, and more. All of the music was created on the iPad using GarageBand, AudioBus, Animoog, Sunrizer, Korg iElectribe, and more.
Primal Audio has announced FM4 – a new FM synthesizer for iPad, modeled on classic 1980s Yamaha DX series keyboards.
According to the developers, “Great care has been put into analyzing and replicating inherent sonic characteristics of the original hardware, such as internal quantization errors and digital-to-analogue conversion.”
- Four operators configurable via eight different routings
- Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
- Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
- 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
- Tempo-syncable arpeggiator with up, down, up-down, and random patterns
- Microtuning with eight different temperaments
- Supports Inter-App Audio, background audio, and MIDI (support for Audiobus is planned)
- Up to 24 voices of polyphony
- Import/export presets through iTunes
- Works on all iPads supporting iOS 7.0 and up
FM4 will be available in the App Store in December 2014, with an introductory price of $0.99. See the Primal Audio site for details.
Introducing a new way to make electronic music. Create your own drums, bass lines, and synth melodies. Auxy is modern beat making without distractions.
At the 2014 NAMM Show, Moog introduced the Theremini – a new take on the theremin that offers traditional analog control, combined with an advanced synthesis engine. Now they have added an editor for it, details below:
Unlock your Theremini’s previously unseen world of sonic features with The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor. This editor puts the power of sound design in your hands by allowing you to access new layers of the Theremini’s synthesis engine. Easily craft new and exciting sounds for your Moog Theremini, re-sculpt existing presets, and share your sonic creations with others. The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor also includes an exclusive library of new presets to kick-start your creative process.
NOTE: This application does not make sound by itself. It is an editor librarian app for the Moog Theremini. To use this app, the user must have a Lightning to USB host adapter (for iPads with Lightning connector) or the Apple Camera Connection Kit (for iPads with 30pin connector) and a mini USB cable.
Create new presets
Edit existing presets
Craft new sounds in real-time while playing your Moog Theremini
Create or edit preset libraries with built in Library Manager
Unlimited preset storage
Share libraries of sounds via email or iTunes file sharing
Edit the Theremini’s global settings
Built in Editor User Manual, Theremini User Manual, and Quick Start Guide
Simple drag-and-drop preset library
Quick Save for instantly editing an existing sound
LF1 Monosynth is a new mono synth for your iPad. Here are the details …
Experience and create the classic vintage synth sounds with the LF1 Monosynth.
The LF1 Monosynth is a fully featured analogue–modelling synthesiser, featuring:
- 2x classic–sounding analogue style oscillators with sin, sawtooth and square waveforms and a four octave range. The frequency of the second oscillator can be adjusted by ±7 semitones.
- Analogue–modelled resonant filter with invertible envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- LFO with 5 selectable sources (including Sample + Hold), assignable to pitch or filter.
- Glide & Glissando controls.
- Pitchbend Wheel.
- 8 user–preset locations.
- Slick, retro-styled UI.
The LF1 is ideal for lovers of classic synths, or indeed for beginners looking to get a taste of analogue synthesis. This app is packed with vintage mojo and ready to go.
LF1 costs $2.99 on the app store:
Mitch Gallagher presents the Arturia iProphet synth app, based on the classic Prophet VS synthesizer. Enjoy the demo, then click the link above for more on this and other music-related apps!
Strom for iPad, ‘an incredibly fun sampler’ for the iPad that offers tight integration with the Elektron Analog Rytm.
This video focuses on using Strom, independent of the Analog Rytm.
STROM is available now in the App Store for US $4.99. Rytm Upgrade is an In-App-Purchase. Elektron Analog Rytm is a hardware instrument which must be purchased separately. A USB-Lightning Camera adapter is required for the MIDI connection.
Apple Store link:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egdr9…
ElliottGarage presents EGDR909, a drum machine that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80’s with all the facilities of modern software.
Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from the past, for all the vintage fanatics.
You can play with the groove presets included or you can create your own beat to play along your favorite song via InterApp, Audiobus, Core MIDI and clock MIDI.
You can also share your drum patterns with iTunes filse sharing or Audio Copy.
– Interface like the real drum machine from the 80’s
– 16 steps sequencer, with variable lenght
– 48 programmable rythm patterns
– Save the pattern you’ve created and play your songs
– Manual Play, Pattern Write and Pattern Clear mode
– Drumkit pieces parameters control (tuning, decay and snappy)
– Song Mode page (swipe to left to open) with loop option
– Swing and tap tempo
– Core MIDI & clock MIDI (network session, external controller, inter app midi)
– Interapp (generator)
– Export with iTunes, mail or Audio Copy
– Korg Wist sync
Check the videos on http://www.youtube.com/ElliottGarage
Sneak preview of DensityGS apeFilter, an advanced filter effect of iPad and Audiobus.