Check out these impressions on iM1 from both artists and those who had a hand in the creation of the original M1 Workstation.
iM1 for iPad is a complete reproduction of the legendary M1 that sparked a new era in how musicians wrote and performed with a keyboard. iM1 is a faithful recreation of all of the original sounds plus every single expansion card within the M and T series. Optimized for iPad, this IS the legendary M1 for the modern music making world.
VirSyn has announced the release of Arpeggist, a universal MIDI arpeggiator for iPad.
Arpeggist is a MIDI Note arpeggiator with a very flexible step matrix editor for programming and a unique “rolling dice” random arpeggio generator.
You can build arpeggios from scratch or use one of the factory arpeggios as foundation. You can also create an unlimited number of user arpeggio presets. Just play a chord or a single note and it gets transformed into a grooving monophonic synth line or a rhythmical chord pattern.
- Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 40 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order.
- Play trigger notes live with the onscreen keyboard.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI compatible hardware keyboard.
- Chord generator plays complex chords on one finger playing.
- Internal sound generator.
- Dozens of scales selectable.
- Selectable Arpeggiator MIDI Output port.
- Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing.
- Audiobus 2 compatible (Input slot).
- Inter App Audio.
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
- Support for virtual MIDI input/output connections.
Arpeggist is available for purchase for $4.99 USD.
KV331 Audio has announced SynthMaster Player for iPad, a mobile player version of the SynthMaster synthesizer instrument.
It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds during music production. Although it is a preset based player, users can edit the following parameters:
- 8 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer
- 2 XY Pads assigned by the sound designer
- Effect bypass states and send amounts
- Layer bypass states and volumes
- Master volume, polyphony
The free app comes with 100 factory presets. When users complete registration by entering their names and email addresses they receive another 100 factory presets as a bonus. After completing registration, users can upgrade to the Pro version of the app by purchasing the “Factory Presets” bank via In-App-Purchase (IAP) for $9.99. With the Pro Upgrade all of the 800 factory presets are loaded and also the following features are unlocked:
- Users can save the changes they have made to the presets
- Users can purchase additional preset banks via In-App-Purchase (IAP)
- Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don’t have to purchase them again
- Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.7 and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes.
The app is available for download for iOS 7 and higher.
Demo of zmors modular synthesizer for ipad
zMors modular is a modular synthesizer. You can add
various modules to your patch and connect them with
cables. You can use hardware gear with up to 8 usb outputs
for audio and/or control voltage send.
– 64 bit support
– send up to 8 audio/cv to your modular synth via USB Audio
– 32bit float audio engine with up to 16x oversampling
– InterAppAudio up to 96K
– Midi input
– very low Storage usage
– skinning with custom background images
OSC, MultimodeFilter, WaveTable, ADSR, Slew, VCA, DSP, Combiner, Oscilloscope, Chords,
CV Sequencer, Step Sequencer, Midi Keyboard,Midi File Player, XYPad, Delay, Reverb,
Inter App Audio Host, Sample Player, Macro for complex setups
– square keep sign
– 1-x (invert unipolar)
– x*-1 (invert phase)
– unipolar to bipolar and back
– hard clip bi- and unipolar
– quantizes halftones and octave
– up- and downsampling
– convert to 55Hz/V
– DC correction
– Slide low pass
You can get the Korg iM1 here at the App Store.
Korg has announced the release of iM1, a digital synthesizer workstation for iPad.
Since it went on sale in 1988 the legendary M1 music workstation rapidly achieved record-breaking sales, becoming a mainstay of the music scene from the late 1980s and beyond. The appearance of the M1 helped musicians deliver professional-quality songs using just a single piece of equipment.
The design goal of the M1 was to deliver sound that would satisfy professional needs in two areas: performance and music production. This goal became the new direction for the PCM synthesizers and desktop music sound modules that subsequently appeared, and has been carried on to the present day with KORG’s flagship model the KRONOS.
High-capacity sampling and the increase in computer speed have enormously improved overall sound quality from a computer, but generating sound that delivers a real sense of presence demands technology and ideas beyond those that merely improve sound quality. The common element of electronic instruments that have left their name in history is that they had a unique sound that was difficult if not impossible to replicate. Sounds such as the “M1 Piano” and “M1 Organ” are instantly recognizable and have appeared on countless hit records over many years, and yet these are sounds that could only be produced by the M1. And that’s what you can now have on your iPad!
- Advanced Integrated System with 8 parts.
- 3,300 sounds (incl. all expansion sound cards) and 34 effect types.
- MIDI program change, Virtual MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Virtual keyboard and performance via external MIDI keyboard.
- KAOSSILATOR-style “Touch Scale”.
- Gadget-style “Smart Keyboard”.
- Usable as a Darwin gadget within the Gadget app (Programs only).
- Compatible with KORG Legacy Collection M1 format (.m1all file type).
- Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support, Core MIDI.
iM1 for iPad is available for purchase for the introductory price of $19.99 until June 30th, 2015 (regular $29.99 USD). The M1 Cards Pack and T1 Cards Pack are available as in-app purchases of $4.99 USD each.
You can get Crystal Synth XT here at the App Store.
Crystal Synth XT is a full featured semi-modular synthesizer, ideally suited to creating lush evolving soundscapes. Crystal VST has long been a popular synthesizer on the desktop. Crystal XT brings that same powerful synthesis engine to the iPad and iPhone. Crystal XT features MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter or any CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and sharing of sounds with the desktop version of Crystal.
== Features ==
Browse through the included sounds and use the 2 octave keypad to trigger notes to produce evolving, rhythmic, or melodic sounds. Create your own sounds with a single button press using the breed feature. When using an iPad, you can delve into a tweaker’s dream by using the extensive editing features to sculpt sounds to your heart’s content (editing features are only available when used on an iPad).
Crystal features both subtractive synthesis and frequency modulation (FM) synthesis. It offers abundant modulation control with over 90 parameters which may be modulated, multi-stage envelopes with graphical editors, extensive tempo sync of envelopes/lfo rates/delay times, built-in effects for chorus/flanging/comb filtering/echoes, and a band splitter for effects processing by frequency band. Not only that, Crystal has wave sequencing and granular synthesis. The musical applications for Crystal are literally boundless.
== MIDI ==
With MIDI keyboard input, you can connect a MIDI keyboard to your iPad and play Crystal XT like a hardware synth. Or use a CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer and connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal XT on an iPhone.
== Virtual MIDI ==
Use virtual midi to play Crystal from a midi controller app. Use the Settings app to turn on the CrystalSynthXT Background Audio mode to enable Crystal to play audio when in the background. You can then play Crystal from a midi controller app which supports virtual midi.
== Sharing ==
With patch sharing you can create sounds on your iPad or iPhone while away from the studio, then transfer them to the desktop Crystal when you get back to the studio to use in recording projects. Or, create banks of sounds on the desktop Crystal, then transfer them to the iPad/iPhone Crystal to use in a live performance for a truly portable rig. Use Audio copy/paste to record your performance on Crystal and transfer that performance to another app. Or copy your recorded performance to your computer.
== Audiobus ==
To use with Audiobus, use the Settings app to turn on Background Audio for Crystal Synth XT.
== Different Versions ==
If you don’t need all the features of Crystal XT, try the basic version of Crystal, also available in the app store from Green Oak Software. With the basic version you can browse sounds, play notes, and create new sounds, taking advantage of its powerful semimodular synthesis engine. Crystal XT adds MIDI keyboard input via the iPad’s camera adapter and sharing of patches with the desktop version. Choose the app that is best for you!
== Notes ==
Important note for iPhone and iPodTouch users: Crystal XT runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Because of the limited screen space on the iPhone however, the editing pages, which contain the edit controls, are not available when running on that device. But on the iPhone you can still browse sounds, play notes from the keypad, create new sounds with the Breed feature, modify patches with the Design feature, and share sounds with desktop Crystal VST.
MIDI input via Apple’s camera adapter requires an iPad. Apple’s camera adapter is not supported on the iPhone/iPod Touch. On the iPhone/iPod Touch use CoreMIDI-compatible MIDI interface such as the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer to connect your MIDI keyboard to Crystal. We recommend www.iosmidi.com as a good place to go to learn whether specific keyboards will work with the camera adapter.
For videos and information about Crystal XT, visit:
Klevgränd produktion has released Enkl, a monophonic synthesizer, designed to be versatile and easy to use.
Enkl consists of two oscillators with one LFO each. These oscillators can be added, subtracted or multiplied together, and optionally processed though a filter. There is a simple built-in arpeggiator, a delay and a three-band EQ. The iPad version also has a unique “Extended Keyboard”, which takes benefit of the touch screen, rather than trying to simulate a traditional keyboard.
- Realtime rendered audio – no samples involved
- Two separate oscillators with separate LFO’s
- Oscillators can generate Triangle, Sawtooth, Square or Noise waveforms
- Oscillators can be summed or multiplied together
- Each LFO has its own ADSR and modulates its oscillator’s pitch or volume
- High cut and low cut filter with resonance (also controllable via MIDI)
- Chiptune-style arpeggiator
- Legato mode
- Ping-pong delay as a post effect
- Three band EQ as a post effect
- MIDI support (including IAA MIDI and Virtual MIDI)
- Extended Keyboard for live performing (also sends MIDI to any output port)
- Local on / off
- Pitch bend, Modulation, Low Cut, High Cut and Resonance controllable via MIDI
- Comes with 93 factory presets
- Documentation within app
- Inter App Audio support
- AudioBus support including state saving
Enkl Monophonic Synthesizer For iPad is available now for US $5.99.
CONDUCTR ABLETON USER MODULES
• 2 fully customizable module types: Default and XY-4D pads.
• Each Default User Module can contain up to 8 parameter controllers from any device on any track featured in your Ableton Live set.
• 4 different control interfaces: faders, crossfaders, buttons and quantized scales.
• Default User Modules can be quickly created and edited at any time, even while playing, by browsing and selecting any of your set’s parameters on the iPad or through the LEARN feature.
• RESET feature: create parameter’s values memories and recover them whenever you want.
• GESTURAL MODE: automatic gesture detection to play without looking at the iPad!
DOWNLOAD CONDUCTR NOW AND TRY THE USER MODULES FOR FREE: http://appstore.com/conductr
Sugar Bytes has introduced Cyclop for iPad – a synth designed for ‘monstrous bass sounds’.
Cyclop is a monophonic synthesizer that they say does one thing very well -‘delivering cutting-edge digital madness at the low end of the frequency spectrum’.
Cyclop uses mid/side processing to introduce stereo imaging between 250Hz and 4kHz. This ensures wide, interesting sounds that retain their punch and bass. There are no phasing issues, which means Cyclop cuts through the mix very nicely.
- Monophonic Bass Synthesizer
- 6×2 Synthesiser Engines, 10×2 Filter Engines
- Analog Sync, FM, Sample Transformer, Spectromat, Saw Regiment, Phase Stressor
- Vowel Filter Mode
- Free Signal Flow for 2 Oscillators, Filters and Distortions.
- Incredibly versatile modulation system
- Multi FX Knob/Sequencer
- powerful Preset Browser with tagging and rating
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, External)
- Music Library Access (Transformer Oscillator)
- iTunes File Sharing
- Inter-App Audio