Tek’it Audio lets us know that Neogen is a hybrid (phase distortion/subtractive) polyphonic synthesizer with sound morphing capabilities.
- Phase distortion oscillators.
- 56 variation of waveform shapes.
- 5 oscillator quality modes, HQ, Digitized, Sampler Computer, 8bit, 8bit Glitch.
- 4 modulation types.
- 1 square wave sub-oscillator.
- Monophonic Glide.
- 11 Filter types from low-pass with an analog tone to variants that sounds digital.
- Filter drive control.
- Filter modulation with rate and depth control.
- Filter modulation rate can be sync on the beat.
- Triggering, Dip wave and Invert modulation controls.
- ADSR amp and filter envelope, AD pitch envelope with depth control.
- 2 voices chorus, sync delay, reverb and auto-pan effects.
- Bass and treble tone control.
- Switchable output soft limiter.
- Sound morphing with depth control on any parameters.
- Visual feedback of the amount of morphing effect.
- Morphing fade with 2 envelopes modes.
- 8 voices arpeggiator sequencer.
- 8 pattern by presets.
- Save, Load pattern and patterns bank.
- Support MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) file.
- Velocity amount control on 12 parameters.
- 10 Velocity curves.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Easy MIDI learn on all parameters.
- Use 7-bit MIDI Continuous Controller or High resolution 14-bit MIDI NRPN and RPN.
- Selectable Maximum MIDI pitch bend range.
- Four note playback priority mode.
- Selectable envelope re-trigger mode.
- Preset manager, rename, copy, save, load…
- Undo your changes to initial preset value.
- One click randomize for all parameters.
- 326 Factory presets.
- Up to 128 user presets per bank.
- Easy installer.
Pricing and Availability:
Introductory price: €39 / $55 (normal price will be €49 / $69)
Arpanoid – the EarthQuacker Device
The first dedicated compact polyphonic pitch arpeggiator effect pedal for electrical guitar! What does the Arpanoid do? The Arpanoid takes whatever you play and transforms it into an adjustable ascending or descending scale. It features 8 intuitive and expandable modes and will work on complex chords as well as single notes in any key. The Arpanoid has an all analog dry signal, all digital wet signal and true bypass switching.
BRANDNEW WALDORF PULSE 2
1st Encounter Session Outtake
Pulse 2 Analog Synthesizer is proof positive that good things can come to those who wait. For ever since this high-quality synthesizer developer discontinued its original rack-mountable Pulse and Pulse+ programmable analogue monosynths boasting ballsy bass tones and legendary leads beyond compare, those Nineties electronic music dominating sounds have been severely sought-after by those in the know. Which was exactly what drove us into development overdrive to produce an all-new Pulse fit for the 21st Century.
As an all-new, all-analogue synthesizer design, Pulse 2 flawlessly delivers exactly what synth connoisseurs around the world have been truly craving for quite some time — three analogue oscillators living in perfect harmony with a VCF (VoltageControlled Filter), yet we did not stop there: the fresh filter circuits in the Pulse 2 now offer 12dB Highpass and Bandpass modes in addition to 24dB/12dB Lowpass for strengthened sound-sculpting flexibility, while we added analogue Filter FM, two Overdrive circuits, and Ring Modulation from OSC 3, together with Paraphonic and Unison modes allowing up to eight-voice chords — a fantastic feature found on our recently-released Rocket Synthesizer.
- 3 analog oscillators + 1 noise generator
- Pulse width modulation
- Hard sync
- Filter FM from Oscillator 3
- Ring Modulation from Oscillator 3
- XOR Osc Mode
- 8/4 Voice Paraphonic modes
- Cascade Filter
- 24dB/12db Lowpass, 12db Highpass/Bandpass filter modes
- Powerful Arpeggiator
- 8-slot Modulation Matrix
- External analog signal input
- Stereo line out
- Headphone out
- Backwards compatible with classic Pulse
- 128×64 character backlit LCD
- 8 stainless steel knobs
- 500 Sound Programs
- Electron-absorbing black case
“Created a chiptune-typical arpeggio lead sound on the Nord Rack and played around with it.”
Gear used in this video:
- Clavia Nord Rack 2X (chiptune arpeggio lead)
- Moog Slim Phatty (bass)
- Kurzweil Micropiano (piano)
- MAM mb33 mkII (bitcrushed 303 acid bass)
- Vermonad DRM1 mkIII (analog drums)
- Akai MPC 500 (sequencing)
- Korg Kaosspad Mini (decimator effect on mb33)
- Yamaha Tenori-On (sequencing mb33)
- Yamaha AW1600 (recording, mixing & mastering)
Yamaha AN1x synthesizer demo — playing ambient electronica soundscape / chillout drone / space music using a repeating arpeggiator motif.
This ambient synth demo is very relaxing and meditative, and was created using 2 oscillators, reverb, delay, and filter/envelope adjustments.
Performed live, no external processing. Excerpt from a longer session.
About the synth:
The AN1x is a powerful retro-analog synth with a really cool new feature that lets you record real-time editing and filtering and be able to store it as part of the sound! A major contender in the new wave of analog-digital synths using DSP modeling of analog waveforms to recreate the coveted sounds of analog synths with modern digital specifications. It offers truly traditional yet modern methods of analog synthesizing, 10 notes of polyphony, 8 knobs for tweaking, and an arpeggiator with dozens of inspiring patterns!
Although the AN1x is not a follow-up to the CS1x (which has since been followed by the CS2x and the CS6x) it has borrowed many functions and technologies from the CS1x synth. First, it’s built in an almost identical case with the same layout of buttons and knobs as the CS1x. However the function of every knob and button has been greatly expanded. The AN1x also has 2 Scene memories for instant recall of any envelope and filter settings and the mod-wheel can be used to morph between the two scenes. On-board effects and a state-of-the-art arpeggiator section also are on-board for giving your sounds life and motion.
The AN1x adds a new Ribbon controller for increased real-time control. It also includes pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator syncing. The AN1x may not be the next evolution of the CS1x but it is basically a more advanced synth capable of increased sound potential and quality. It has a better feeling keyboard than the CS1x as well assuming that the AN1x is for those looking for something more professional than the CS1x
Test of the Arp function of the Bass Bot TT303.
“You can see at the beginning Im using Slot 1, Bank (BB), Pattern 8 as the arp source. The arp plays pattern length, slide and accent based on the pattern selected and within the range of notes the user chooses.
Drums are a single loop from the iPad app DM1. iPad output is going in to the TT303 Mix-In socket so everything is in mono.
Lots of fun and you can see the wobbly TT303 pots a little towards the end. Still, love this little monster!”
Arpeggionome Pro is a new musical instrument for controlling arpeggios with the touch of a finger. This video shows Arpeggionome Pro controlling Nave (via Virtual MIDI), and recorded by Cubasis (via Audiobus). Additionally, Arpeggionome Pro has the iPad’s accelerometer mapped to control MIDI Note Velocity and Nave’s filter’s cutoff frequency.
Clavia’s product specialist Tomas Johansson demonstrating an awesome patch with multiple layers of Arpeggiators using two Nord Lead 4′s (6 slots used in total / 1,5 Nord Lead 4:-)).
All elements (3 percussion sounds and 3 synthesizer sounds) are triggered live (no external sequencers).
Arpeggionome for iPhone: A New Musical Instrument for Controlling Arpeggios with the Touch of a Finger. Only $0.99 through May 31:http://itunes.com/apps/arpeggionomefo…
Arpeggionome for iPhone transforms your iPhone into a new and expressive musical instrument. Design intricate patterns of musical notes, then trigger those patterns at different pitches and speeds with an x-y matrix. Tilt the iPhone for accelerometer-controlled pitchbend and volume, and with the MIDI Upgrade in-app purchase, control other iOS MIDI apps, external MIDI gear, and computer software like never before.
MORE INFO: http://www.alexandernaut.com/arpeggio…
Background video description:
My friend Deceptikon (http://deceptikon.net) tries Arpeggionome for iPhone for the first time, connecting it to his MS-20 mini. Levels, drums, and effects with M-Audio Evolution U-Control controlling Ableton Live.