Now introducing the New Waldorf kb37 Eurorack Keyboard and the New Eurorack Modules!
kb37 Kontroller Keyboard
nw1 Wavetable Module
mod1 Modulator Module
dvca1 Dual VCA Module
cmp1 Compressor Module
Available soon from
Waldorf Music has introduced its Eurorack Pack, a stylish, state-of-the-art, self-contained modular synth system, comprising the kb37 Controller Keyboard, and three colourful new modules for the Eurorack format to accompany the already-available nw1 Wavetable Module launched last year.
Our developers came up with a keyboard that is both intuitive for the beginner and versatile for the professional. And it’s just as solid and elegant as all our instruments that we build here at Waldorf in Germany. kb37 is a compact and rugged performance instrument. It can house up to 100 HP of modules in its conveniently angled panel that sits right on top of the super high-quality Fatar TP9 keyboard.
With its high-resolution and temperature stable 16-bit CV interface, it provides extremely flexible control for your modules. MIDI channels are programmable, making the kb37 the perfect partner for both studio and stage. It provides perfect connectivity to all your modules to serve both the player and the sound designer’s desires with an array of real-time control elements such as pitch and mod wheels. The professional, full-sized 37-note keybed transmits velocity and aftertouch.
- mod1 — Three different modulation sources in one module make the mod1 the control center of your modular patch. From simple envelopes and LFOs to complex looped multi-stage curves, the mod1 delivers rich and endless modulation options – all based on pure analogue circuitry for everything from super- smooth curves to razor-sharp edges that never sound “digital”. From gently undulating LFOs to ultra-precise hard cuts, you get it all based on innovative analogue circuits for a truly musical touch.
- dvca1 — Built around two VCAs with a wide range of options including the most important one: the ability to musically colour the signal. Starting in dry mode, you get high-precision analogue amplification. But then when you turn the Colour knob, you add a warmer and more colourful timbre to the signal based on a finely-crafted state variable filtering circuit. But there’s more: Simultaneous linear and exponential control as well as specialised AC and DC coupled inputs are provided. A positive gain control makes the dvca1 a true “amplifier,” and flexible link modes let you create modulated panning.
- cmp1 — A true high-end analogue compressor not only adds punch to your signal, but it also can be modulated in intriguing and unconventional ways! Side-chaining with a adjustable balance control will open a huge set of modular possibilities. The cmp1 has all the features you expect from a modern compressor including attack and release control, automatic and manual modes, hard and soft knee as well as output gain and bleed amount of the original signal.
The Eurorack Pack products are expected to ship Q3 2016.
» Keyboard & controllers
— Fatar TP9 37-keys keyboard with aftertouch
— Multiple velocity curves
— Pitchbend wheel
— Modulation wheel
— Selectable note priority
— Octave up/down switch
— Gate retrigger
» Module section
— Width: 545mm/107 HP
— Eurorack compatible bus
— Bus CV & Gate linkable to CV interface via jumpers
— Built-in regulated power-supply (+12V/-12V, 1.5A)
» CV interface
— 8 CV outputs
— 3 user-assignable MIDI controllers
— 3 Trigger outputs
—Clock & Reset outputs for MIDI sync
— USB with isolation
— MIDI In, Out, Thru
— Sustain pedal input
— Sensor input?/?output
— Stereo line outputs with volume control
— Headphones output with separate volume control
Three different modulation sources in one module make the mod1 the control center of your modular patch.
From simple envelopes and LFOs to complex looped multi-stage curves, the mod1 delivers rich and endless modulation options – all based on pure analogue circuitry for everything from super- smooth curves to razor-sharp edges that never sound “digital. From gently undulating LFOs to ultra-precise hard cuts, you get it all based on innovative analogue circuits for a truly musical touch.”
mod1 sideThree highly flexible modulation sources in one module. All based on innovative analogue circuits for snappy attacks and super smooth curves.
ADSR envelope with up to three decay stages
Each decay stage with time and target level control
Configurable for 1, 2, or 3 decay stages
Loop mode for looping from attack over all enabled decays stages
Gate and trigger inputs
Positive and Inverted output
2. Symmetry Generator
Two segment modulator with controllable symmetry
CV-inputs for speed and symmetry
Symmetry modulation keeps base frequency
LFO mode with bipolar output
Gate and Trigger envelope modes with unipolar output
Linear or rectangular wave forms
3. Rise & Fall
Two stage envelope “rise & fall”
Flexible curve control for rise stage – from smooth classical RC shape to cutting linear segments
Optional loop mode
Built around two VCAs with a wide range of options including the most important one: the ability to musically colour the signal. Starting in dry mode, you get high-precision analogue amplification. But then when you turn the Colour knob, you add a warmer and more colourful timbre to the signal based on a finely-crafted state variable filtering circuit. But there’s more: Simultaneous linear and exponential control as well as specialised AC and DC coupled inputs are provided. A positive gain control makes the dvca1 a true “amplifier,” and flexible link modes let you create modulated panning.
dvca1 sideTwo true analogue high-end VCAs
Optional colour control based on state variable filter technology
CV-input for colour modulation
Simultaneous linear and exponential control and CV inputs
Additional gain control for adding up to +12dB
Separate AC and DC coupled inputs for audio rsp. control signals
Separate summing output combining both signals
Link mode for parallel modulation of two signals
Anti-parallel link option for panning effects”
A true high-end analogue compressor not only adds punch to your signal, but it also can be modulated in intriguing and unconventional ways! Side-chaining with a adjustable balance control will open a huge set of modular possibilities. The cmp1 has all the features you expect from a modern compressor including attack and release control, automatic and manual modes, hard and soft knee as well as output gain and bleed amount of the original signal.
cmp1 sideTru analogue high-end compressor
Control path based on controllable balance of side and main signal
RMS and Peak modes
Threshold and compression controllable from panel with additional CV-inputs
Attack & Release in manual or automatic mode
Hard and soft-knee compression
Bleeding control for mixing original signal to compressed output
Overall gain control
Input level control
Separate output of detector signal for use as envelope follower
Additional level control input for optional use as exponential VCA
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: S&H Modifier Fun for Arpegiators
Background video description:
I play all my from-scratch Waldorf Blofeld patches. Intermittently I turn on some reverb from the Jomox T-Resonator, but I use the internal Blofeld reverb as well. If you want to hear some of my completed music pieces, here is a link to all my music; all of which is available for free downloadhttps://soundcloud.com/liamecrow
Sequential Session with Koma Elektronik Komplex Sequencer, Doepfer Dark Energy, Elektron Analog Four, Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, and Waldorf Blofeld.
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: How to create a tone with Self Oscilating Filter
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: A different Way to Trigger the Comb filter
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: Create a One Shot Envelope out of LFOs
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: Create intervals with just one oscillator on the Waldorf Blofeld
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: Fun with Unisono
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial: Fun with the Filter Envelope and Modifiers
Waldorf Blofeld Tutorial:How to Split the Keyboard in Performance Mode
WALDORF MICROWAVE rev. B in Multimode. The 2 sound are routed to the LR sum Outs of the Microwave. The 2 channels are triggered with different sequencer lines of ARTURIA BEATSTEP PRO which is doing a great job here. The sound is enhanced by the stunning ENSONIQ DP/PRO and a bit of Mackie EQ in the mixing desk.
Can’t wait for the SidTracker 64 to be released on appstore? Or maybe you think it is a viable alternative. Find out more in this compelling head to head battle!
SidTracker64 is the ultimate chiptune production package tool for the iPad. It emulates the SID sound chip from the dominating home computer of the 80s – The Commodore 64.
Get started immediately with the bundled songs and sounds in various styles, from old skool bleeps n blips to new school with multi speed and advanced table editing. Explore, remix and make new songs based on the old classics c64 game tracks “Commando” by Rob Hubbard or “Blood Money” by Fredrik Segerfalk, and the brand new youtube remix hit of the “True Survivor” Kung Fury soundtrack, all included in the app.
SidTracker64 is a retro-style music creation tool and synthesizer combined with modern features such as midi keyboard and controller input, Audiobus 2 and Inter App Audio for recording in your favourite DAW-app. Midi clock in lets you sync to other apps and hardware drum machines and synthesizers, such as the Elektron Analog Four.
SidTracker 64 can be used for live looping, making complete songs, and the minimum latency makes it suitable for live use. Export your music to Dropbox and e-mail as audio or .sid and even .prg files which you can run on a real Commodore 64.
Editing is based on hands on touch interaction or midi input instead of the hardcore style of direct data editing. Record live to a metronome or input notes step-style. Real SID-composing has never been simpler and more fun!
SID synthesizer engine specs:
· Fully emulated SID 8580 R5 chip.
· 3 separate voices
· 8 waveforms – tri, saw, pulse with pwm, noise, trisaw, tripulse, sawpulse, nowave
· Wavetable editing
· 3 volume envelopes
· Dedicated vibrato controls
· 1 multimode filter LP/BP/HP (12/6/12db) with sweep envelope
· Filter table editing. Change filter cutoff and modes up to 1/240
· Hard sync and Ringmod per voice
· PWM sweep envelop
· PWM table editing
· Hard restart
· Variable emulation speed from 25-240hz (standard 50)
· 32 instruments per song (copy/paste/rename)
· 3 voice patterns
· Mute voices on/off
· Change instrument per step
· FX pattern – change volume/filter/speed per step
· Loop pattern
· Song building
· Live or step recording
· Metronome / count in
· Follow mode
· Note effects (Glide/sustain/vibrato/filter & pulse reset/tie)
· Song mode with transpose
· Keyboard input 1-3 voices (mono, duo and polyphonic)
· CC-assignable synth parameteras
· Modulation wheel vibrato
· Pitch bend
· Midi Clock in
· Selectable input channel
· .s64 – native SidTracker 64 file
· .m4a – audio
· .sid – for use in sidplayer
· .prg – exports play data for a real Commodore 64
For more info:
Attack Drums is a synthesizer designed mainly for drum sounds, but the powerful sound engine can also be used for everything else – including vocals. Based on the Waldorf Attack VST PlugIn from 2001, it consists of a 24-part sound engine, now packed with a pattern sequencer and a versatile effects section.
One highlight of the effects section is the new Phrase Vocoder, a vocoder that uses written text instead of spoken words. Lyrics in – song out, adjust gender as you have always wanted!
Just like Waldorf Nave, Attack Drums is a seriously in-depth musical instrument – easy and fun to use, but a a sonic beast at its core!
- 24 Sounds
- Four independent effect slots with selectable effect:
- Phrase Vocoder
- Pattern Sequencer
- 999 Patterns
- Polyphonic steps – up to 8 notes per step
- Fractional track/step timing
- Inter App Audio
- Export song to audio file
- compatible with iPad 2, iPad 3 (Retina), iPad 4, iPad mini (1,2,3), iPad Air (1,2)
- Minimum iOS 7.0 required
- AudioCopy / AudioPaste
- Content control via iTunes File Sharing
- Trigger Pads
The app costs $14.99