Klevgränd Produktion has introduced Vandelay – a new audio effect, for iOS and Mac, that offers three separate delays in as many frequency regions.
Each delay has an LFO that modulates the pitch of the audio stream. Together with tempo based delay times and feedback control, you can create a rich sound from almost any source.
- Full Audiobus 2 compatibility including state saving.
- Inter App Audio (IAA) compatible.
- Unique pitch modulation.
- Delay times are tempo based and can be quantized using the snap function.
- All parameters are visible and editable in one screen, wrapped in an intuitive user interface.
- Load / Save presets
TB Pro Audio has launched GainRider, a gain riding effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Gainrider is a (vocal-) gain riding tool which gives fully control over the gain riding process.
- Easy setup of algorithm sensitivity.
- Detailed control of gain modification (min, max, idle).
- Exact control when gain modification happens (pre delay).
- Large display to monitor visually impact of plugin parameters.
- Flexible pre filter including preset ITU 1770 filter curve.
- DAW side chaining (VST3/RTAS) or channel 3+4 (VST2).
- Read/Write automation data.
- A/B control.
GainRider for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 59 EUR.
FabFilter has released Pro-Q 2, an updated version of its equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Here are all the details:
Completely redesigned EQ engine
For Pro-Q 2, FabFilter has completely redesigned the internal filter engine from the ground up — not only improving the existing Zero Latency and Linear Phase processing modes, but also introducing a unique Natural Phase mode. Besides perfectly matching the magnitude response of analog EQ’ing, Natural Phase also closely matches the analog phase response, without introducing noticeable pre-ring or a long latency. Last but not least, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is more than twice as CPU-efficient as its predecessor.
Universal filter slope support
Very steep filter slopes of up to 96 dB/octave are now available, and, uniquely, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 lets users change the slope of any filter type — not just the usual Low/High Cut filters. This makes it possible to create super-narrow bell filters, very steep or gently sloping shelves, and more. In addition to the existing Bell, Low/High Shelf, Low/High Cut, and Notch filters, Pro-Q 2 also features new Band-Pass and Tilt Shelf filter types.
More interface innovations
Furthermore, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is boosted by an abundance of user interface innovations. Spectrum Grab enables users to directly adjust peaks in the real-time spectrum analyzer display. Pro-Q 2 offers flexible interface resizing, in addition to a Full Screen mode that makes it easier than ever to do ultra-precise adjustments. EQ Match lets users match the spectrum of another track in just a few seconds. All this power is neatly integrated into a gorgeous, uncluttered interface that lets users focus freely on music and workflow.
Original and trailblazing
Of course, Pro-Q 2 features everything that was great about the original Pro-Q — up to 24 EQ bands, innovative interface with unsurpassed workflow and multi-band selection, per-channel EQ’ing in L/R or M/S mode, real-time spectrum analyzer, intelligent solo mode, double-click text entry, stereo/mono plug-ins, Pro Tools hardware surface support — as well as all the trailblazing FabFilter bells and whistles that users have come to expect and love — perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization, and more.
New in Pro-Q 2
- Different interface sizes and additional Full Screen mode.
- Operates in zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase mode.
- Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!.
- Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf.
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/oct.
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain input.
- Phase Invert option to change polarity.
- Highly improved CPU optimization: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor!.
- Optional Gain-Q interaction.
- Auto Gain and Gain Scale.
- Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and SC modes, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt and freeze.
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes.
- Large output level meter with peak level readout.
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for 149 EUR/$199 USD/£124 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to Pro-Q 2 with a discount from their online user accounts.
Demo of a few patches on the Roland DEP-5, a digital effects processor from 1986.
Waves has introduced the Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox, a collection of selected effect plug-ins.
Dave Clarke (Depeche Mode, Chemical Brothers, John Foxx, I am Kloot, Louisahhh!!! & Maelstrom) has been among the leading techno DJ/producers of the past two decades, commanding the respect of listeners everywhere, from massive outdoor festivals such as Tommorowland to the grittiest clubs of the underground scene.
The Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox contains seven supreme sound–crafting processors – the ones he uses regularly in his mixing and mastering sessions. With this collection of plugins, electronic music producers of any style will find what they need to give their mixes a professional lift. And if techno or electro is your trade, you will find even more.
Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox features
- API 560 Graphic EQ.
- Scheps 73 EQ/Preamp.
- Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter.
- LoAir Subharmonic Generator.
- Kramer Master Tape.
- Dorrough Meters (Stereo).
The Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox is available for purchase for the introductory price of $599 USD (regular $800 USD).
Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox: http://www.waves.com/bundles/dave-cla…
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
Coming soon… Don’t miss the launch! http://caramelfxapp.com
ALL sounds in this video were processed through Caramel, recorded directly into Auria via Apogee ONE interface and Audiobus. No EQ or any other processing was done, just a super quick balance of levels in Auria.
If you enjoyed the music in this video you can also sign up to my newsletter to get notified when I release new material later this year. http://eepurl.com/Zgcen
I’ve also released a few E.P.’s as The Landwhale, these are available from Bandcamp, Spotify, iTunes, etc.
Other apps and hardware used in this video:
Arturia Microbrute – All synth and bass sounds, heavily processed by Caramel. Main synth sequence also processed by Crystalline (http://crystallineapp.com/download)
Funkbox drum machine app – Drums, processed with Caramel
SoundPrism Pro – Choir sound, distorted by Caramel
Korg Volca Beats – extra snare roll percussion in right channel, processed with Caramel
99Sounds has released Rumore Cinematic Impacts, a free collection of impact sound effects designed by Alessandro Alcinesio (aka HAL9K). The library contains 50 cinematic impacts suitable for modern film scoring and electronic music production.
The included sounds range from classic sonic booms to spooky sound effects inspired by horror and sci-fi movies. All samples are available in 24-bit WAV format.
- 50 audio samples in total.
- 24-bit WAV format.
- 44.1 kHz Stereo.
- 240 MB size on disk.
audioD3CK has released ChopChop, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ChopChop’s algorithm was originally designed to be reasonably clean while operating with a very fast attack time and classic peak detection. The result is a very flexible compressor with a distinct sound. ChopChop is best used when the compression is meant to be heard, but it can act as an invisible tool too!
- External side chain.
- Linear domain compression for an old school sound.
- High pass filter in side chain.
- Range control to limit amount of gain reduction.
- Range knee to alter character of compression range.
- Mid/side mode.
- Freely adjustable channel linking.
- Adjustable compression knee.
- Full range ratio, all the way form 1:1 to 1:infinity.
- Flexible metering.
- Parallel compression.
- Release acceleration control to alter compressors behavior.
ChopChop for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 19 EUR (non-commercial) / 49 EUR (commercial).
AudioD3CK has also released a version 1.1 update for all its plugins, which includes the following new features:
- Resizable UIs.
- Internal preset handling.
- Undo/redo for parameter changes.
- Updated manuals.
- Better authorization process.
- Improved installer.
- Registration free demo versions.
- Some presets.
- [Krucz] Additional makeup parameter.
The updates are free to existing customers. AAX and VST3 versions are in development.
Tokyo Dawn Records and Variety of Sound have released SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition takes SlickEQ’s concept to new heights and adds an exotic “Tilt”-filter flanked by flexible low-pass and high-pass filters. Five distinct EQ models provide a rich set of predefined EQ curves and behaviours for the three main semi parametric filter bands.
SlickEQ GE offers a switchable EQ non-linearity as well as six different output stages. These options offer subtle and interesting textures, from the typical “mojo” often associated with high quality analogue audio gear, up to more obvious saturation.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition features
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure.
- Three semi-parametric filter bands, each with two shape options.
- Five distinct EQ models: American, British, German, Soviet and Japanese.
- Low band offers an optional phase-lag able to delay low frequencies relative to higher frequencies.
- High pass filter with optional “Bump” mode.
- Low pass filter with two different slopes (6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct).
- Parametric Tilt filter with optional “V” mode..
- Six output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, Excited and Toasted.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“Stateful saturation”).
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Stereo, mono and sum/difference (mid/side) processing options.
- Frequency magnitude plot.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 30 EUR.