Sugar Bytes awarded effects plugin TURNADO is now available for the iPad!
It features the full Turnado software with 24 effects which can be turned on and off
using big knobs.
For better iPad experience, we added a nice audio player, 4 XY pads and more!
Sugar Bytes Turnado, now on the App Store!
Background video description:
I seem to have acquired a lot of eurorack delays. So I thought, let’s make some demos. These are however a lot of work. I also note I have a lot of dust on my modular! But anyway: here is the first: a demo of the Analogue Systems RS-390 echo (digital delay). I got bored with filming the synth itself, so I added a few shots of the vegetable patch on my balcony … Probably next demo will be the Pittsburgh Analog Delay. But don’t hold you breath, this may take a while.
Any suggestions for other patches to try are welcome.
This is actually quite nice going on the iMS20
Watch the magic of Sound & Visual come to life..
Step by Step Mee Zanook works the iMS-20 into Motorcycle Effects and then combines the established sounds with racing footage,he works the oscillators live while different types of footage comes in and out..
Footage: Bottledvideo.com(free footage for the masses)
Sinevibes has announced its new AudioUnit effect plugin called Shift, an animated frequency shifter. They tell us that it is designed to add tasty vibes to basses, synths and pads, spice up drum and percussion loops, or simply turn anything into a mad glitch. Here’s the details directly from Sinevibes…
At the core of Shift lies a precise model of the Bode frequency shifter with a silky smooth sound. It can be tuned to produce anything from phasing and wobbling to metallic ringing, beeps and buzzes. And this effect works well with absolutely any type of sound source.
To modulate the frequency shifter, Shift uses its built-in sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable rate and shuffle. With an ability to assign one of 8 envelope shapes per individual step, you can build incredibly elaborate patterns. Inside a single preset, Shift can also store up to 8 separate sequences which you can instantly switch between or automate via your host.
Shift has been meticulously designed to blend usability with flexibility. Its colour-coded, single-view interface has fluid visual feedback and takes no time to learn. This makes it a kind of tool you will want to use again and again.
Pricing and Availability:
Shift is immediately available for $29 as an AudioUnit plugin for OS X 10.6 or later.
Soundtoys has just released Little MicroShift, the latest in their new Boutique plug-in series, and it’s free for a limited time.
The company tells us that Little Microshift is based on a simple, but effective studio trick for creating wide stereo tracks from mono sources. Originally done using hardware pitch shifters, as well as the original SoundToys SoundBlender plug-in, this technique has been used in pro studios as a “secret weapon” on countless vocals, guitars and more for a widening, doubling and interesting spatial effect that adds focus or power to tracks run through it. Soundtoys says that, now, three of the most popular versions of this effect are available at the touch of a button.
As in years past with Devil-Loc and Little Radiator, Little MicroShift is available free to anyone who can find a friend with a “sharing code”. They’re all over FaceBook and forums like GearSlutz and KVR Audio. Once you’ve got Little MicroShift, you can share it with your friends by using your own unique sharing code. The top share-masters win more cool stuff. The grand prize is an autographed original H3000 D/SE Ultra-Harmonizer from our Gear Closet. The promotion ends on March 29th.
Pricing and Availability:
More information here:
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar Elements, the latest addition to the Nectar family of vocal plug-in effects. Built on the same award-winning DSP as Nectar, Nectar Elements features an easy-to-use interface designed with the singer-songwriter, podcaster, or home recordist in mind. iZotope says that, with ten vocal processing effects working behind the scenes, Nectar Elements simplifies vocal production, allowing users to focus on their sound, not their set-up.
iZotope Product Manager, Brett Bunting, told us, “By introducing Nectar Elements, iZotope is pleased to offer single-click vocal production to a broader set of users. Our vocal product line is focused on great sound and simple workflow. With Nectar Elements, anyone can quickly explore a wealth of complete vocal sounds, each with unique and intuitive control.”
Nectar Elements features dozens of Style presets that let you choose between a variety of classic and creative vocal styles, from Motown to Grunge to radio-ready podcast. Easily and quickly adjust the simple controls to find your voice and make it shine.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with professionally-designed Style presets in a wide variety of Genres.
- Personalize your sound with easy-to-use controls that drive sophisticated vocal processing.
- Levels: Quickly get punchy vocals with the loudness you need for consistency across your tracks.
- Space: Help settle your vocals into your mix with delays and reverbs that add ambience and “smoothing.”
- Dedicated per-Style controls: Adjust intelligent sliders that perfectly complement the Genre and Style of choice.
- EQ: Enhance and sculpt the tone of your voice, or adapt any Style to suit your sound’s needs.
- De-Esser: Easily remove unwanted “ess” sounds and sibilance using just one intelligent slider.
- Gate: Remove room tone and other unwanted noise quickly to get vocals crisp and broadcast-ready.
- Automatic Pitch Correction: Fix out-of-tune notes so you can keep those “almost perfect” takes.
Pricing and Availability:
Nectar Elements is now available for MSRP $129 USD or €99 EUR.
Additional preset packs for Nectar and Nectar Elements are available for free at www.izotope.com/nectar/presets
Sinevibes today announced version 2.0 of Sequential, its multi-effect sequencer for OS X.
Sequential features a wide variety of algorithms designed to filter, distort and even synthesise sound. You can ‘add subtle spice or completely warp everything’.
Here’s what’s new in Sequential 2.0:
- Completely new user interface.
- Effect dry/wet balance control.
- Faster and smoother effect switching algorithm.
- Two new effects: phaser and frequency shifter.
- Fixed ring modulator effect losing quality after some time.
- Fixed synchronisation issue when host transport location is a negative number.
- Added required Audio Unit format changes for OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Removed support for Power PC processors and OS X 10.5.
- New preset patches.
Sequential works with Logic, GarageBand, Live, MainStage, Maschine, Studio One, ReNoise, Reaper, Bidule and other software that supports Audio Unit effect plugins. It comes in 32/64 bit format for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later, and supports Retina screen resolution.
Sequential 2.0 is available for OS X for US $39.
Buffre Beat Repeater is an audio looping device that repeats and scrubs audio in sync with song tempo. Buffre is a performance effect, playable from a MIDI keyboard or control surface, and supports Reason control voltage routings for automated looping, stutter and glitch effects.
When you download a full license, please opt-in for special promotional offers by clicking the check box and REGISTER button.
From scratch and in just a few steps nice and slow,watch the Korg ims-20 transform into a strong water fall~watch footage of Niagara Falls come into view.
Footage: Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)
CableGuys has released PanCake 2 – an plugin that allows you to create flexible pan modulations.
- Free, and available for both PC and Mac.
- Creative Modulation Tool: Create complex pan modulations with ease.
- Unique Waveform Drawing Capabilities:Construct your own modulation curves in a very intuitive manner. Waveforms can be easily drawn using soft or hard control points, thus producing gentle transitions or sharp bends in the waveform.
- Customized Waveforms: Up to 10 customized waveforms can be stored.
- LFO Speed: LFO speed can be set free-running from 0.02 Hz to 5.24 kHz. It can also be set in rhythmic units synced to the host sequencer, from a fast 1/128 note modulation up to 32 bars.
- Always in Sync: The LFO will always stay in sync, even when you make tempo changes in your host software, or jump ahead to different parts of your track.
- Complete Parameter Control via Automation: Absolutely everything in PanCake can be automated. Even the shape of the modulating waveform can be automated. And if you want to use more than four modulation curves in a song, you can automate the plugin to switch between them.
- New in version 2: A precise display of channel left/right volume for helpful visual control, an option to trigger the LFO via MIDI notes, a dry/wet control, plus a redesigned interface.