What’s new in ProTools 9
Avid has just released Pro Tools 9, the new version of the industry standard DAW, now packed with more features (including very cool news for post-sound guys, both LE and HD users) and also a new philosophy (yes, finally… they’re “changing”).
So.. What’s new?
- Pro Tools now works with Core Audio and ASIO drivers (no more interface limitations)
- Supports OMF/AAF/XMF
- Adds native ADC
- Adds EUCON support
- Supports up to 96 tracks natively, and 512 tracks with Complete Production Toolkit 2 and Pro Tools HD
Several of the features of the previous toolkits are included natively in Pro Tools 9, such ast DigiBase Pro, Time Code Ruler, MP3 export, and more. There’s also the new Complete Production Toolkit 2, which adds HD features to Pro Tools 9:
- Exchange sessions with Pro Tools|HD users without ever losing session information
- Create huge mixes with up to 192 simultaneous audio tracks** on playback—512 total
- Get full VCA mixing capabilities and support for up to 64 video tracks
- Mix in 7.1 surround while monitoring in stereo with the Neyrinck SoundCode Stereo plug-in
- Speed up your workflow with advanced automation, audio, and video editing tools
- Shift time and pitch with natural-sounding results using the X-Form plug-in