A Bit More Of Music box Composer
Create your own Music Box music, and easily share your compositions with others. Designed to aid composing your own music prior to punching the paper strips for Music Boxes, MBC allows you to compose, preview, play, save and share (via Twitter, Facebook, Email or iTunes file transfer) your creations.
For an example of a shared composition:
- Add, move, delete notes
- Disable Notes for temporary changes
- Multiple undo
- Ripple edits
- Save and Load (access the save location via iTunes File Sharing)
- Retina display support for the new iPad
- Sounds sampled from physical Music Box for added reality
The physical Music Boxes with the paper punch strips and are great fun – what I found was missing was an easy way to preview either transpositions or original creations. This aims to fill that gap but it’s also a fun music creation tool in it’s own right.
- Notes are added/edited in either the lower or middle strip. Use two fingers to pan.
- Start with the ‘Add’ button, the tap in the lower strip view to set a note. Touch and slide your finger to add a note and adjust where it ends up – the note is played as you create/change pitch so it’s easy to get what you need.
- Use the zoomed in view to see what you are doing if you are adding in the lower strip. In the middle strip a zoomed in view pops up to the side (you can turn this off in the options).
- You can use the Add and Move modes together – it will then only add a note if it doesn’t find one near where you tap. With ‘Add’ only it creates regardless, but with both modes active you can add and adjust easily.
- Turn off ‘Snap’ mode to allow you to place notes between the vertical bars.
- The select mode allows you to swipe across an area to select, select a range to copy, control where the notes are pasted to, as well as simply being able to tap to select/deselect.