Diatonic granular pitch shifting delay effect
Loomer has updated Shift,its diatonic granular pitch shifting delay effect for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, to version 2.0.
Details on Shift 2.0 below.
- Five independent true stereo delay lines, with discrete delay, feedback, pitch shifting, filters, pan, and volume.
- Pitch shifting comes courtesy of a powerful granular synthesis engine: with a few simple grain parameters, you can create the perfect granular sound, be it for guitar, synth, drums, loops, or anything else.
- Fast and accurate monophonic audio analysis component extracts pitch information, in real-time, for intelligent in-scale pitch shifting and harmonies. Calibrate the tracker to your sound and style using the built-in tuner.
- Perfect your preset design: use the XY grid to maneuver the seven main delay line parameters in real-time or to get at-a-glance feedback on the overall preset shape.
- A comprehensive modulation matrix allows each delay voice parameter to be individual contoured. Modulation sources come in the form of four tempo-syncable LFOs, each producing five modulation shapes: sawtooth, sinus, triangle, square, or stepped random noise.
- Over 100 presets included, from the simple to the exotic, each tagged ready for searching, and annotated with playing suggestions. Listen to a preset in context with ‘hot-swap previewing’. Create partial presets to build up a library of delay voices, grain engine, and diatonic tracker settings.
Shift is available for £45 GBP (+ VAT). It’s a free upgrade for registered owners of Shift 1. A demo version is available.