New and improved gbTouch 2 GarageBand controller for iPad
Harmony Systems has released Delora gbTouch 2, a free update to their $7.99 iPad application that functions as a remote controller for Apple’s GarageBand.
gbTouch 2 includes the most requested new features by gbTouch 1.0 users: track names and color-coded track type.
Tracks now have individual volume faders that adjust and show each track’s current volume setting. A “sound generator” edit panel has been added to tweak software instrument details, and all edit panels now show the corresponding track name.
gbTouch 2 also has “skins” – the look of the app can be changed to one of four styles from the iPad Settings application.
- Select current track with one touch
- Access more than eight tracks with the arrow keys
- Control transport functions (Backward, Forward, Beginning, Play, Record, Cycle)
- Enable/disable record, mute, and solo for each track
- Adjust volume per track and with Master Volume
- Disable all volume during playback with Volume Mute
- Move the playhead and designate new start and end points
- Turn off all track record, mute and solo attributes
- Show/hide the Arrange View or Master Track
- Enable/disable Metronome and Count-In
- Create a new track, duplicate or delete a track
- Undo or Redo an action, Save a GarageBand file
- Adjust Master Echo and Reverb effects
- Manipulate Compressor and Visual EQ parameters
- Enable/disable effects
- Supports installations of gbLink on multiple computers