Punch – virtual drum synthesis and sampler featuring built-in samples and groove sequencers
Later on this Spring, Rob Papen will be releasing Punch (Mac / Win), a virtual drum synthesis and sampler instrument featuring built-in samples and groove sequencers.
According to Rob Papen, Punch is one heck of a “speaker busting, body rattling software instrument.” The Punch plugin is said to deliver synthesized drums in the finest audio quality, with “breathtaking” features for the contemporary producer.
With the new plugin, you can can create your own sounds, use the included samples, or build your own unique sounding drum-kit. You can also load your own samples into Punch to complete your kit.
Punch boasts built-in sequencers, which give you instant access to multiple patterns. According to the maker, these grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, as well as be used for improve and jam sessions.
What’s in the Punch:
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and built-in 4 classic samples and 19 punch samples
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 different models and build in 4 classic samples 61 built-in punch samples
- 2 Open Hi-hat and 2 Closed Hi-hat, with 3 models and build in 4 classic samples and 7 built-in samples
- 3 Tom / User with 2 Tom models and 8 built-in Tom samples (classic / punch)
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built-in samples
- 3 User Drum, with 9 models and 37 samples
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes and filter and filter envelope
- Each drum has its own “easy controls,” distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 FX channels), and choke groups
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad
- Classic samples are samples taken from several classic analog drum machines and punch samples are RP library samples
- Sequencer Patterns (4x groove and 4x breaks)
- Punch has its own internal sequencer that can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long
- 4 Grooves and 4 Break patterns
- Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having its own drum output, and each step in each track can have different velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed, flaming, time offset, and free row
- Each pattern also has free row for modulation step values which can be used to modulate controls
- Swing amount, flaming time, and humanization controls
- Modulators: Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs, and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch’s controls
- Mixer: A full screen shows the volume and panning of all the controls, plus the FX mix and panning allows you to easily mix the drum sounds
- Easy Screen: Easy to use sliders allow to alter the main controls on the fly during use
- Effects: 4 FXs, each with 26 different type of FX (delays, reverbs, chorus, filter, distortions, and so forth), which can arrange in 5 different ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these FX are output to the different output channels
- Manager Screen: Big manager screen shows you all the presets, banks, and presets; allows you to load, save, copy and paste, and so forth
Rob Papen plans on releasing Punch (AU / VST / RTAS) by the end of May, 2011. For more details, visit robpapen.com.