Scylla – free 32 bit Windows VST instrument
De La Mancha has released Scylla – a 32 bit Windows VST instrument – as a free download.
Scylla is capable of sample playback, combined with subtractive synthesis, to produce a wide variety of sonic possibilities, ranging from lush pads, soundscapes and effects, leads and bass.
Scylla includes three different types of oscillators that can be modified to a wide variety of styles and three built-in samplers that can accommodate .wav audio samples, which can be played back in grain table, waveform, sample or single hit format. All the audio can be modified and modulated through LFO, volume and filter envelopes, Ring-Modulation, and Unison.
Scylla has a tabbed interface with a different tab for each of the 3 layers and a Global tab for effects and LFOs. Each Layer is identical except each has a different type of oscillator, with a Cross-modulation osc, a Morphing osc and a Spectral osc
- Three layers of programmable audio sources
- Each layer consists of:
- Sample player capable of loading full-length samples and custom waveforms
- Oscillator (Dual-OSC with cross-modulation, Morphing OSC, Spectral OSC)
- Each sampler features:
- Playback: Oscillate, Play-Once, Loop-Release
- Basic audio playback features (normalize, stereo to mono, zero-crossing)
- Customizable Loop points
- Granular and Wavetable playback
- Loads any WAV format sample from your own library
- 96MB of sample content, including waveforms, samples and loops
- 128 presets by brian botkiller
- All audio sources have independent tune, volume, and pan
- Ring-Modulation per layer
- Variable stage Filter per Layer
- Adjustable Amp and Filter Envelopes per layer (Envelope contours can be changed)
- Layer Assignable Granulator engine
- 2 layer assignable LFO effects for modulating ring-mod, cutoff (filter), and phase of one LF
- Adjustable Global Amp Envelope
- Mix level of each audio source can be adjusted
- Mix level of each layer can be adjusted
- Master Volume
- Each audio source, envelope, ring-mod and filter can be switched off to save CPU
- Midi CC support
Scylla is free to download.