Sine+Noise Synthesis, featuring 3D displays
Related to this week’s buzz around the new Waldorf synth, Wolfgang Palm has shared a link with information that might give us more info on what the new project is all about:
Sine+Noise modelling is an analysis/synthesis technique, where an audio signal is decomposed into sine waves plus an additional noise signal.
I started developing such a system in 2003, and refined it over the years. It is now sold to Waldorf. The release is planned later this year.
The advantages of Sine+Noise modelling:
- all audio signals can be resynthesized
- each partial sine wave can be edited individually in its loudness contour
- time/pitch manipulation in a wide range
- morphing of totally different sounds possible
- arbitrary filtering in the frequency domain
My Synthesizer features 3D displays, which allow easy editing of the audio components directly.