ValhallaRoom is a versatile, true stereo algorithmic reverb
An algorithmic vision of perfection and precision. It’s Grade A class, Number One in its division.
ValhallaRoom is a versatile, true stereo algorithmic reverb. It features several original reverberation algorithms and has been designed from the ground up to produce a wide range of natural reverberation sounds. Sounds range from tight ambiences and rooms, through traditional hall and plate sounds, all the way up to vast modulated spaces. The algorithm designs have been influenced by some of the “classic” room simulation boxes, as well as state of the art modern theory.
* Unique Early reverb section allows user to dial in subtle and short bursts of early reverberation energy, as well as gated reverbs up to 1 second in length.
* The Late section produces natural reverb decays ranging from 0.1 seconds to 100 seconds. The decay can be controlled in 3 adjustable frequency bands.
* Both Early and Late reverb sections have adjustable modulation, to produce sounds ranging from lush chorusing, to subtle and natural long decays.
* ValhallaRoom is true stereo. The Early and Late reverb sections are both stereo-in, stereo-out. The spread of energy between the stereo channels can be controlled over time, which helps preserve the input spatial image.
* The GUI has been designed for easy navigation, and is inspired by Joseph Müller-Brockmann, NASA control panels, and Sesame Street.
* A comprehensive preset browser makes saving, recalling and sharing settings easy.
* Four original reverberation algorithms:
o Large Room – designed to emulate big rooms with a wide spatial impression, with smooth “detuning” modulation
o Medium Room – sparser than Large Room, with a more random modulation
o Bright Room – a lush, shinier-than-life reverb, with deep modulation and a somewhat slower attack
o Large Chamber – a smooth decay with consistent high echo density and subtle detuning modulation
ValhallaRoom has been designed from a psychoacoustic perspective. Instead of creating a simplified physical model of a simplified physical space, VRoom generates early and late acoustic energy that provides the spatial and phase cues needed to create an “idealized” room impression.”