Bookshelf: Power Tools for Reason 6
Hal Leonard Books is now shipping Power Tools for Reason 6 by Andrew Eisele, described as a comprehensive book that provides a quick-start tutorial that not only gets you up and running quickly, but also delves into advanced sequencing and mixing techniques.
“With an unbelievable array of tools, Reason 6 gives you everything necessary to record, mix and produce music projects from start to finish. Reason 6 has the best of Propellerhead’s Record and Reason, with the addition of some fantastic new features and effects, including the Pulveriser Demolition, Alligator Filter Gate, and the Echo tape delay. With the ability to record and edit audio directly into the arrangement window – and with audio time-stretching capabilities – it is now possible to record audio and adjust the tempo while keeping everything in sample accurate synchronization.”
Inside Power Tools for Reason 6, you’ll find:
- How to set up your studio for Reason 6
- An overview of the feature set
- An explanation of MIDI concepts from signal flow and recording to hardware and instruments
- A sound primer for digital audio concepts and recording
- How to get the most out of the synths, effects, drum and percussion instruments, and routing capabilities of Reason 6
- How to best use the sampler to capture, play back and manipulate digital audio
- And much more
Hal Leonard tells us that Power Tools for Reason 6 includes video tutorials on an accompanying DVD-ROM that let you see and hear many of the most important tools and techniques now available in Reason.
About the Author:
Andrew Eisele is the author and host of the Music Pro Guides, a training DVD series spanning 40-plus titles covering all major music production software. His teaching credits include Full Sail Real World Education, the School of Audio Engineering and Dubspot. Currently, he works as a producer/DJ and is co-founder of the arts collective Tsunami Bass Experience and MorphSaru Productions.
Pricing and Availability: