Lector – new vocoder effect plug-in for PC and Mac
Waldorf has released Lector, a vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Robot voices, whispering strings, talking drum loops, rhythmic pads, the resonant ringing of bells, dripping water – the possibilities are all but infinite. With a quick tweak here and there, the Lector turns any incoming signal into novel sounds and effects.
Tremendously versatile, the Lector puts in your hands a sonic toolset for a wide range of diverse applications. Just about anything goes, from distorting the human voice to adding subtle harmonies to lead vocals and getting creative with movie soundtracks. The analysis filter bank splits the incoming audio signal into as many as 100 frequency bands, the intensity of which modulates the volume levels of an equal number of band-pass filters in the synthesis filter bank. The integrated 16-voice synthesizer or an external source provides the input signal for the synthesis filter bank. This lets you do fun things like apply a melody line or chord sequence to articulate vocals or speech.
- 3 to 100 band Vocoder.
- Adjustable range of Analysis Filter Bank.
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of Synthesis Filter Bank.
- 3-band Equalizer with variable mid band.
- Individual Compressors for Speech and Carrier signal.
- Voiced / Unvoiced Detector.
- Overdrive (types Tube, Diode, Clip).
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger, 2 to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay, syncronizable.
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit).
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2).
- 16-voice Synthesizer (per voice):
- Polyphonic, Monophonic or Free-Running.
- 2 Oscillators, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation, sample&hold, noise, single and multi sample playback.
- Ring Modulation.
- Portamento / Glissando.
- 1 Filter, types Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch (12dB and 24dB), Whitening.
- 1 LFO, synchronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample&hold, noise.
- 2 AR envelopes.
Lector for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 199 EUR.