Tone2 has announced the release of the Vocoder Soundset, a collection of vocoder presets for the Electra2 synthesizer instrument.
The vocoder soundset offers 200 impressive vocoder presets ranging from playable vocal phrases to robotic chants, organic vocal synths and droidic drum grooves. It takes advantage of the powerful speech synthesis possibilities and the excellent vocoder module that Electra2 offers.
Vocoder Soundset features
- 200 superb presets created by an expert.
- Comfortable installation.
- Perfect integration into the user interface.
- All sounds are properly programmed – they are ‘not just samples’. This gives you the complete dynamic range, a lot more expression and the highest possible sound quality.
- Focus on the new features that Electra2 introduced (requires v2.0 or newer).
- Most sounds automatically sync to the BPM.
- Vocal chants can be can be played as a single note, melody or chord.
- Many patches can be ‘morphed’ with the modwheel.
The soundset is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
XILS-Lab has introduced Vocoder 5000 – a new software vocoder, for Mac & Windows.
Vocoder 5000 is inspired by the EMS Flagship Vocoder ( EMS 5000 -1976, one of the most complex and powerful analog vocoders ever built).
- Authentic emulation of the most complex Analog Vocoder ever produced
- Organic and realistic sound with clear and understandable Vocoding
- Hundreds of midi automatable parameters
- Frequency Bands Pin Matrix, genuine analog oscillators, 0df Filters, Pitch Shifter
- The ‘true sound of analog Vocoders’
Audio demos are available at the XILS-Lab site.
Vocoder 5000 is available now. From December 23th and January 17th, it will be priced at 99€. After January 17th, 2015, it will be 149€.
Xils-Lab has announced XILS Vocoder 5000, a new plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X offering an “Authentic Analog Vocoder simulation and beyond”
- Authentic emulation of the most complex Analog Vocoder ever produced.
- Organic and realistic sound with clear and understandable Vocoding.
- Hundreds of MIDI automatable parameters.
- Frequency Bands Pin Matrix, genuine analog oscillators, 0df Filters, Pitch Shifter.
- The true sound of analog Vocoders, and much more.
Price: TBA. XILS Vocoder 5000 is expected to be released December 17th 2014.
Трек 10 с альбома “Robotmetrobot” (2003)
Bitsonic has released Cannabis Vocoder, a free VST plug-in for Windows that can completely change the sound of your vocal track.
The mono version is a VST effect plug-in. Using the effect on the vocal track the software automatically tracks the tune of the vocal track, and calculates the pitch of the changed sound as well.
The poly version is a VST instrument plug-in, where you can load the vocal track into the software and using the MIDI channel you can create a polyphonic vocoder.
We take a look at the features of the Roland VT-3
Product info from Roland:
Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge—until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle. On top of that, the VT-3 looks great and works seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series.
- - Create heavily processed vocal sounds in real time
- - Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders
- - Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders
- - Save three favorite settings for instant recall
- - Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances
- - Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility
- - Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability
- - Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power)
- - Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels
- - Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks
- - Great for podcasts and live web streaming
- - Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter
Industrial Strength Records has launched Robotik Vocoder, a sample pack by producer 6Blocc.
Master producer 6Blocc fires off another round ammo with 800 samples of pure vocoder madness. This Industrial Strength vocal pack is a one-stop sound source for red-hot robotic vocoder effects.
6Blocc Robotik Vocoder comes collect with short, medium, and long vocal phrases. All phrases were processed through the legendary Roland Vocoder, the machine that gained fame through antics in Electro and early West Coast Hip-Hop. From classic lines (we couldn’t forget to drop the bass) to fresh new inventions of the vocal madmind, you’ll find the words to carry the energy of your next production through any twist and turn.
These 24-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV files are ready to lock and load without a hitch. Hear them rip in any EDM, Electro, Techno, Trap, Hip-Hop and House production. We left plenty of headroom so you can add your own effects without maxing out the capacity for sheer craziness.
6Blocc Robotik Vocoder features
- 802 Vocal Samples (24-bit), 500 MB content in total.
- Includes 51 Cities & Countries Vocal Samples, 71 Club Tools Vocals, 71 DnB Jungle Vocals, 32 DnB Jungle FX Vocals, 66 Dubstep Trap Vocals, 30 Dubstep Trap FX Vocals, 81 Electro Vocals, 28 Electro Fx Vocals, 93 Hardcore Techno Vocals, 37 Hardcore Techno FX Vocals, 127 House Funk Vocals, 81 House Funk FX Vocals, 33 Talking Synth Stabs.
The sample pack is available from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
Audiomeals has introduced Multiplex Vocoder, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production.
Multiplex Vocoder features four VST Vocoder modules where you can load any Virtual Instrument to design your final vocoder sound using from 1 to 4 vocoder sound sources. Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
Transform your favourite synthesisers into vocoders, send your voice to 4 vocoders simultaneously while recording the audio output, optional dry/wet recording mode. Each Vocoder features it`s own 3-band parametric equalizer.
Multiplex Vocoder features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Transform your favourite synthesisers into vocoders.
- Send your voice to 4 vocoders simultaneously while recording the audio output.
- Optional dry/wet recording mode.
- Each Vocoder features its own 3-band parametric equalizer.
- Input depending mode available. Each vocoder will be activated or deactivated depending the input level, you can set the threshold individually.
- MIDI Learn mode. Control the app via your MIDI controller faders.
Multiplex Vococer is available to download for Mac (VST) at no cost until December 5th, 2013 (regular 5 EUR). Windows version is coming.
New electronic synth pop track from The Modifiers. Retrosonic sounds flavored with vintage vocoder vocals on the theme science and technology evolution.
Vintage gear demo of “70s Stringensemble Trilogy”
0.08 – 1.23 Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus (1979)
1.24 – 2.32 Crumar Performer (1979)
2.33 – 3.53 Logan String Melody II (1979)
Used the special functions (human voices, brass filter, lfo, tone colour, chorus…) on the stringmachines.
bass: Moog Taurus 1 basspedal (1976)
drums: Keio Minipops Junior (1972)
recording: multitrack without midi
fx: a bit reverb and delay