A mashup with Front 242 – Circling Overland and Gesaffelstein – Hate And Glory.
All live, no computer.
Elektron Analog Four
Roland Aira TR-8
Roland Aira VT-3
All video and audio c.2014 G-Storm Electro
The focus of this demo is the SH-101 plug-out: down-n-dirty short basses, basic arpeggios, and sequences from Arturia Beatstep. I don’t have an original SH-101 so I can’t comment on how similar it may be. I stayed away from tone/crusher and kept the delay/reverb to a minimum just so you could hear the SH-101 sound engine in all its monophonic glory. Some backing rhythms provided by SCI Drumtraks and Roland MC-303.
The entire AIRA family has been updated with exciting and useful new features requested by users from around the globe. Easy to install and free for all users, this update includes enhancements to the whole line, such as backup and restore facilities, and better overall MIDI management. It also provides a wealth of product-specific enhancements, such as external MIDI pitch control for VT-3, tuning control for TB-3, and instrument gain control for TR-8.
Product specialist David Ahlund came to show us the new features in the firmware updates for the TR-8 TB-3, VT-3 and System-1 synth. We also got a loot at the new SH-101 Plug-out.
Roland has introduced the SH-101 PLUG-OUT, a software synthesizer for the SYSTEM-1.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a complete reproduction of the iconic SH-101 – right down to the fine details and odd quirks that make it one of the most popular classic synthesizers of all time.
Based on Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, it not only reproduces the SH-101’s legendary sounds, but faithfully recreates the very behavior of its analog circuitry – all with a level of authenticity that could only come from the company that created the original.
SH-101 PLUG OUT features
- Total authenticity through face-to-face consultation with the original designers and relentless research beyond the original schematics.
- Meticulously recreated oscillator and filter behavior – hallmarks of the SH-101 sound.
- Authentic behaviors including the unique interaction between low pass filter and envelope controls.
- Faithfully reproduces the unstable fluctuations that resulted from quirks in the SH-101’s circuitry.
- Classic SH-101 synth sounds – bass, lead, noise, and sound effects.
- Software layout features standard gray model, as well as red and blue models originally sold as limited editions.
- Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
- Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
- Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
- Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
- PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
- Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT.
- Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT synthesizer will be available to SYSTEM-1 users on July 24th, 2014.
Roland Aira line has been one of the biggest introductions of the year. But months after the introduction, people are still debating how closely the Roland Aira TR-8 and Aira TB-3 match the original Roland TB-303, TR-808 and TR-909 , Paul Barker of DIN Sync, takes an in-depth look at the Aira TR-8 and TB-3.
The Roland AIRA crew headed to Movement in Detroit – a city integral to the history of electronic music and to our history as a company. AIRA gear was in lots of the performance rigs – keeping the music thumping and the crowds jumping. Check out this video of highlights including cutting edge new artists and techno legends.
A quick look inside the Roland Aira VT-3 . nothing much to see really but I end the video by trying out a few instruments through it and using it as an effects unit for the TR-8 and TB-3 and AX-Synth
Felix takes a tour on the recently released Aira series
Background video description:
waldorf rocket sequenced by roland aira tb3 effects come from the mc808 in the beginning i used a little reverb later some more effects
this is just an example nothing special tb3 volume is turned down so all you hear is the waldorf rocket damn i really love the rocket great little synth
Close-up Unboxing video of the new Roland TR8 (AIRA) Rhythm Composer. What’s in the box, the manual, questions on DAW integration. And as always: how does it feel ?