Jam Session with Doepfer A-100, Roland Aira, Elektron Octatrack, Analog Rytm, Korg Kaoss Pad
An mp3 can be found here:
Synced MPC 500 to the Tenori-On iOS app and sequenced some stuff.
Gear used in this video:
Standuino frauAngelico drum machine (through the Kaosspad Mini) – www.standuino.eu,
Standuino fraAngelico digital synthesizer (through the Korg Monotron filter and Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine),
Moog Slim Phatty (Bass),
Kurzweil MicroPiano (E-Piano),
Akai MPC500 (additional drums),
Korg Kaosspad Quad (FX),
The Standuino synths are MIDI-Sequenced with the Tenori-On TNi iPad app and the rest by the Akai MPC500.
Filmed with a GoPro HD Hero and a Canon Rebel t2i (550D).
KAOSSILATOR PRO – a supercharged version of the palm-sized KAOSSILATOR, reborn as a powerful track-making tool and loaded with live performance power.
As a trailblazer among the “instrumental gadgets” that allowed anyone to easily create melodies and phrases, the KAOSSILATOR gained a strong and dedicated user base, even among those without any performing experience. Today, the KAOSSILATOR continues to be enormously popular. Retaining these revolutionary features – while adding a wide variety of new ones as well – is the new KAOSSILATOR PRO. With 200 sound programs, a new Electribe-inspired gate arpeggiator, and four loop recording banks that can even record external audio sources, the KAOSSILATOR PRO is packed with features that make it ideal for both live performance and premium productions. In addition, USB connectivity with your computer and SD card memory storage allow the KAOSSILATOR PRO to be used not just for improvised performances, but also as a superbly intuitive, track-making music production tool.
- KAOSS X-Y touchpad offers intuitive, realtime control
- 200 sounds covering modern synth sounds such as lead and bass, and diverse acoustic sounds from piano to trumpet and beyond
- PCM samples provide dramatic drum kits and ready to rock percussion patterns
- Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
- Access up to eight of your favorite sounds instantly using the assignable Program Memory buttons
- Loop Recording can layer both internal Program sounds and external audio overdubs
- Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording, with easy muting that allows expressive realtime layering and DJ-Style re-mixing – ideal for live performance.
- Gate Arpeggiator repeatedly triggers sounds in sync with the tempo. The slider controls either the gate time or gate speed.
- Choose a key and select one of 31 musical scales to easily create musical phrases. Limit the X-Y pad’s note range for even more control
- Loop data, user settings and Program Memories can be stored on SD card
- Dedicated software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer
- Performs double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or software applications
More information at Kraft Music:
A home made theremin by Gavin Howe, description below:
Made my first “synth theremin” yesterday, sending it through the audio in+comb on the emx with flanger pitch shift (-12) and some short delay, then into kp3 for stereo delay, just playing around with different capacitors and korg effects. All sounds originate from the optical synth.
Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode Cover) with Arturia Minibrute, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3
How to map the Korg NanoPad to work like a Korg KaossPad in Looper mode. Using Ableton Live. This video takes a look at using the Korg NanoPad with Ableton Live for Kaoss Pad type effects
Glitchy drumming inspired by Aphex Twin & Venetian Snares productions w/ GlitchBreaks App. + Korg Kaoss Pad KP3 (x2) and Korg Kaoss Quad. Performed by sound artist & noise designer Zviij © 2012.
* Booking : zviij AT zviij.com
– Zviij “Quadrifolium” (Album/Digital) http://zviij.bandcamp.com/album/quadrifolium (Bandcamp)
– Zviij “Sub-system design” (Album/CD) http://www.odiolorgnette.com/discography.html
– Zviij “Naked flowers” (Album/Digital) http://zviij.bandcamp.com/album/naked-flowers (Bandcamp) http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/naked-flowers/id475830077 (iTunes)
Zviij — (born Franck Smith) is a French sound artist, noise designer and electronic musician, active as a soloist, living and working in Brussels.
Music video improvisation on a Yamaha SY85 with Korg Kaoss Pad (mini-KP) effects. Using the HOLD button on the Koass this is another way of connecting music gear together rather simply. If there is interest I might show how to connect the devices together and recording the audio. In this case I record to a Zoom H2n.
Brett Domino and Steven Peavis cover LMFAO’s smash hit using only a MicroKORG, Mini Kaoss Pad II, and Kaossilator II.
Twitter the Trio: @BrettDomino and @StevenPeavis.