Background video description:
I placed little pieces of masking tape on the iPad to serve me as note guides for a live performance.
All sounds came directly from KORG iKaossilator.
iKaossilator Jungle Jam
The “iKaossilator” app was ranked the number one selling app* in the music section of the App Store internationally, and now it’s been updated to Version 2.1! With the new ability to import audio loops, it’s a great companion for the Kaossilator 2. While retaining its accessibility for musicians and non-musicians alike, as well as its ability to create tracks at the touch of a finger, iKaossilator has evolved to a new level that goes beyond the realm of synthesizers.
iKaossilator Version 2.1 Highlights
- Audio Loop Import
- Seamless operation in tandem with the Kaossilator 2
- Support for “AudioPaste”
New video from KORG featuring the Kaossliator Pro+, details below:
This video uses some of the great new sounds found on the Kaossilator Pro+ to demonstrate how users can record, loop, and stack to create instant tracks quickly and easily – all with the touch of a finger!
KAOSSILATOR PRO – a supercharged version of the palm-sized KAOSSILATOR, reborn as a powerful track-making tool and loaded with live performance power.
As a trailblazer among the “instrumental gadgets” that allowed anyone to easily create melodies and phrases, the KAOSSILATOR gained a strong and dedicated user base, even among those without any performing experience. Today, the KAOSSILATOR continues to be enormously popular. Retaining these revolutionary features – while adding a wide variety of new ones as well – is the new KAOSSILATOR PRO. With 200 sound programs, a new Electribe-inspired gate arpeggiator, and four loop recording banks that can even record external audio sources, the KAOSSILATOR PRO is packed with features that make it ideal for both live performance and premium productions. In addition, USB connectivity with your computer and SD card memory storage allow the KAOSSILATOR PRO to be used not just for improvised performances, but also as a superbly intuitive, track-making music production tool.
- KAOSS X-Y touchpad offers intuitive, realtime control
- 200 sounds covering modern synth sounds such as lead and bass, and diverse acoustic sounds from piano to trumpet and beyond
- PCM samples provide dramatic drum kits and ready to rock percussion patterns
- Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
- Access up to eight of your favorite sounds instantly using the assignable Program Memory buttons
- Loop Recording can layer both internal Program sounds and external audio overdubs
- Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording, with easy muting that allows expressive realtime layering and DJ-Style re-mixing – ideal for live performance.
- Gate Arpeggiator repeatedly triggers sounds in sync with the tempo. The slider controls either the gate time or gate speed.
- Choose a key and select one of 31 musical scales to easily create musical phrases. Limit the X-Y pad’s note range for even more control
- Loop data, user settings and Program Memories can be stored on SD card
- Dedicated software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer
- Performs double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or software applications
More information at Kraft Music:
Checking out some iPhone stuff from KORG, details below (in Googlish from Japanese):
If Korg teamed up with the rock band “Unicorn”! The customized to your specifications unicorn, iKaossilator Unicorn is the synthesizer application “(eye over oscillator) iKaossilator” can be played by anyone just scratched the screen of the coveted iPhone iPhone app fan. Recorded the sound loops and the single “WAO!”, Was selected from version “Feel So Moon” remix theme song of “The Brothers” Space anime, you can join the play as a sixth member, and Tamio Okuda and Yoshiharu Abe to control the performance of every one of the unicorn, we enjoy playing with feeling remix synth for beginners.
Brett Domino and Steven Peavis cover LMFAO’s smash hit using only a MicroKORG, Mini Kaoss Pad II, and Kaossilator II.
Twitter the Trio: @BrettDomino and @StevenPeavis.
i hooked the korg wave drum up to the korg kaossilator pro and took them for a test run with a quick, peaceful improv jam and looping demonstration…this is just a small sample of what these two machines can do together…shot with a panasonic lumix g3 20mm f1.7 and recorded dry with a roland micro br.
This is the first in KORG’s series of four “How-To” videos for Kaossilator 2, the next generation dynamic phrase synthesizer! This video covers basic operation and will help you get around the Kaossilator 2 quickly and easily.
For more information on Kaossilator 2, check out http://www.korg.com/kaossilator2
Live Beat Making with Ipad Music App “Korg iKaossilator” by DJ Galactic : “I used my Apple Ipad2 and iKaossilator to make this little beat (House / Dance) from scratch and mix it live. I enjoyed playing around with this music application.”