MachFive | 3 – the third generation of MOTU’s flagship sampler
MachFive | 3 is available now for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and PC for Windows Vista or 7. MF3 comes in AU, RTAS and VST Plug-In formats and can be purchased for £395/$565 MSRP. As an interesting offer from MOTU, MF3 can also be upgraded from a competing product for a discount price of $295 MSRP and as a cross-grade for $179 MSRP.
“Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you’ll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone into this 3rd-generation release. From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.”
• Scripting engine – Instead of guitar presets, you get a guitar player…
• A universe of sounds – 45 GB of included instruments, loops and phrases
• Powerful new synth engine – Twelve forms of synthesis that span music history
• IRCAM Technology.
• Automation and modulation – Twist, morph, and pulsate.
• New flexible effects architecture.
• New filters and effects.
• Convolution reverb.
• Enhanced sample library support – Load anything. Directly, with no conversion.
• Event processors.
• Preset browsing and searching.
• LoopLab beat slice editor.
• Full-screen operation.
• Unlimited everything – Oscillators, layers, parts, effects — add all you want
• Oscillator Editor – It’s way more than just a sample editor
• Mapping Editor – Keygroup mapping so intuitive, you’ll never have to stop and ask for directions
• Tree Editor
• List Editor – If you are a list person, this editor is for you
• Effects Rack – Comprehensive effects processing throughout
• Performance View – Transform MachFive into the ultimate live performance instrument
• Mixer – A complete, self-contained mixing environment
• 3rd-generation UVI Engine XT. – Acclaimed worldwide for its sound quality.
• Multiple outputs. – Submix to 17 stereo output pairs.
• Disk streaming. – Conserve RAM and quicken load times.
• Unlimited polyphony. – With ultra-low software latency.