Automap 3 was announced at Winter NAMM 2009 and is now available. As of this release there are now 2 versions, free and pay.
Automap 3 is the latest incarnation of Novation’s intelligent software system. Automap is unique to Novation’s MIDI controllers, and has now been enhanced with a wealth of eagerly anticipated features. Until now Automap had focused on plug-in control, but exciting developments bring a new level of DAW control…
No matter what music software you use, Automap offers an instant controlling solution for all your plug-ins. It supports VST, AU and Pro Tools (TDM/RTAS) plug-in formats (TDM/RTAS support is currently Mac only. PC will follow soon). It allows hardware controllers to interact with plug-in instruments and effects. Opening up any Automappable plug-in instantly maps parameters to physical controls on Novation’s SL- and Nocturn controllers. These can be re-assigned using an ultra-quick ‘learn’ mode, which simply involves clicking the on-screen parameter and touching the desired hardware controller. In addition to DAW control templates on board the SL range (mixer, transport etc) Automap 3 comes with full HUI implementation for control of HUI compatible DAWs such Logic, Pro Tools and Digital Performer.
Automap 3 PRO is now available to purchase for £19.99 / $29.99 / 24.99 EU, direct from the estore, and has a number of benefits over STANDARD.
- Multiple device support – Automap 3 Pro supports multiple devices, so numerous Novation controllers can be used side by side.
- Keystroke Assignments – Automap 3 Pro can assign almost any computer keyboard shortcuts to hardware controls. For example arrow key functions can now be assigned to hardware controls, allowing you to flick between tracks using buttons on your SL/Nocturn. You could also zoom in and out, open windows or create and jump to markers in your DAW.
- XY Pad Control – Fully Auto-mappable XY Pad control, expression pedal, control pedal and drum pad control. The Automap server can now assign parameters to all these controllers using the ultra-quick learn facility. (Pedal/pad control not supported by SL Compact)
- Drag and Drop – You can now drag and drop control mappings and control map groups in the GUI, allowing you to re-assign knobs, faders and buttons by simply grabbing them with the mouse and dropping them on the new controller.
- Autoview Mode – Optional Autoview mode means that the GUI only becomes visible when a controller is touched, then it disappears again allowing you to get back to your DAW.