Review: Beat Shuffler
“I roused myself from a Turkey-induced-coma to bring you this timely review, so please forgive all the “uhh”s. Beat Shuffler is a beat juggling app for the iPad that makes loop mashing pretty fun and easy. ”
Beatshuffler is a music app that slices loops and allows you to trigger those slices, always on time. It is a great beat sketching tool where almost everything sounds interesting, since the slice triggering always falls on the beat. At its core, it is inspired by the mlrv app, for the Monome and other grid devices.
– 6 tracks for loops.
– Ability to import WAV and MP3 files.
– iOS File Sharing import for exchanging files with the app.
– A mixer.
– A master channel with effects.
– A separate channel for each of the tracks, with effects.
– Available effects: Delay and Low Pass Filter.
Among the upcoming features are Audio Clipboard support, to import loops from other apps and an expanded loop library.