Simple and easy to use drumpad controller for your iPad
Crossfire Designs has released MidiPads, a simple and easy to use drumpad controller for your iPad.
It sports 16 drumpads on four pages. The bottom part is fully configurable by the user with resizable touchpads and sliders. Both sliders and touchpads support snapping to a value and fading to the touch position (duration user-configurable). One very unique feature is the drumpad-integrated X/Y-controller: Change your instruments’ or your effects’ sound just by moving your finger while still triggering – very useful also for DJ software like Traktor Pro (see video in App description to see how it works).
All elements can be edited by the user: Color, label, Midi channel, Midi CC can be changed for each element individually. Both sliders and drumpads can receive incoming Midi values: Sliders act as VU meters, drumpads glow depending on the incoming value.
MidiPads supports USB Midi over the iPad camera connection kit and network Midi – take your iPad on stage and trigger your music wirelessly! Included is also an extensive manual which helps you to set up all connections and configure MidiPads.
- Supports USB MIDI over iPad Camera Adapter.
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi.
- All elements customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range…).
- Bottom part fully customizable with resizable touch pads and sliders.
- Four pages with 16 touch sensitive drum pads each.
- Several modes to influence velocity: Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, rand ndom velocity, and min and max velocity always definable.
- Touch pads and sliders support snapping and fading.
- Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode.
- Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time.
- Sliders can act as VU meter and slider at the same time.
- Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad).
- Gravity controller (use iPad’s rotation axis as controller).
- Lock mode hides all elements that would hinder your performance.
- Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element separately!)
- Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync and hence support you with the beat.
- Extensive help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting (tap i-symbol).
MidPads is available to purchase on the iTunes App Store for the introductory price of 4 EUR / $5 USD.