BLIP1000 – free matrix step sequencer instrument for Windows
WOK has introduced Blip1000, a free matrix step sequencer instrument for Windows.
Blip1000 is inspired by matrix synths for the iPad and hardware like the Bliptronic 5000, which were derived from software like ToneMatrix, which was inspired by devices like the monome and the Tenori On and so forth
Here’s what the developer has to say about Blip1000:
Got a windows touchscreen computer and miss these cool apps like on the iPad?
Now you can generate MIDI sequences with a touch of your finger. Also great for controllers like Novations launchpad (together with Automap).
Blip1000 is a MIDI sequencer VST plugin. It plays mono- or polyphonic sequences depending on the selected notes and the enabled trigger buttons. Host sync with different speeds, swing, several play direction modes and MIDI controller learn – try it for free and start making music now!
- Clear and easy interface.
- Number of steps selectable (up to 8).
- Note per line selectable from 3 octaves with display.
- Several play modes (forward-backward, random etc.).
- Syncs to host – clock divider adjustable.
- Sequence transpose by MIDI input
- MIDI ouput channel selectable.
- Automatable in the DAW.
- Sequences can be saved as VST plugin presets.
- Random play.
- MIDI-ouput; any plugin or synthesizer can be used as sound source.
- Low on CPU.
Note: Blip1000 is nagware.