The SoundForce SFC-60, dedicated MIDI controller for the TAL U-NO-LX synth plugin (Roland Juno-60 model), has now new a built step sequencer function. The step sequencer function can be used with the TAL plugin as well as any other plugin instrument as it simply streams MIDI notes via USB-MIDI.
All users can upgrade their SFC-60 to the latest version of the firmware using the Arduino IDE and the teensy software-add-on. Please visit the support page on the SoundForce website : http://sound-force.nl/?page_id=1151. More detailed update toturial coming soon.
Quick demonstration of how to create a simple polyrhythm pattern using a Moon Modular 569 step sequencer (and other similarly capable step sequencers too)
Korg has introduced the SQ-1 step sequencer, an updated take on the classic Korg SQ-10 step sequencer.
The Korg SQ-1 is a compact step sequencer with 2 x 8 steps. Its wealth of connection jacks allows it to be connected to the MS-20 and a variety of other synthesizers.
Both vintage analog synths and the latest compact synths can be controlled from the SQ-1.
- Sequencer Mode – ALTERNATE, ORDER, PARALLEL TURN, PARALLEL ORDER, CV/DUTY, CV/SLIDE, CV/DUTY RADOM, RANDOM
- Step Mode – GATE ON/OFF, ACTIVE STEP, SLIDE, STEP JUMP
- Sequence Step Resolution – quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes
- CV OUT Pitch – Linear, Minor, Major, Chromatic
- CV OUT Voltage – 1V, 2V, 5V (Oct) 8V (Hz/V)
- GATE OUT Polarity: + (positive polarity), – (negative polarity)
- SYNC IN/OUT Polarity + (rise), – (fall)
- littleBits OUT jack (mini monaural phone jack)
- OUT (MIDI OUT) jack (mini stereo phone jack)
- CV – A OUT – GATE jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT : Output Level 1V, 2V, 5V, 8[Hz/V], GATE OUT: output level 10V)
- CV – BOUT – GATE jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT : Output Level 1V, 2V, 5V, 8[Hz/V], GATE OUT: Output Level 10V)
- – IN – SYNC – OUT jack (mini monaural phone jack, SYNC IN: Max Input Level 20V,
- SYNC OUT: Output Level 5V)
- USB jack (type B, USB MIDI)
- Power Supply – Two AA batteries (alkaline batteries recommended), or USB power
- Battery Life – approximately 5 hours (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimension (W x D x H) – 93 x 84 x 63 mm/7.60″ x 3.31″ × 2.48″
- Weight – 641 g/1.41 lbs.
- Included Items – Two AA batteries for checking operation, mini plug – DIN cable
- Options – Patch cable MS-CABLE-18
Pricing and availability for the Korg SQ-1 are to be announced.
Nina Richards & Zoë Blade of Transistor Sounds Labs have introduced Stepper Acid– a digitally-controlled 16-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
They say it is “Designed by and for musicians, Stepper Acid was born out of our need for a modern step-sequencer.”
- 16-step sequencer, with adjustable pattern length
- Adjustable analogue slide
- Song mode for pattern chaining
- Stores up to 40 patterns
- Detach mode for playing one pattern while entering another
- 0-5V range CV (5 octaves)
- Gate and accent output. 5V or 12V selectable
- Variable swing function
- Dual microcontroller design
- Adjustable clock sync input and output. Includes: 24PPQN (Sync24), 48PPQN, 96PPQN and 4PPQN (one note per pulse
Stepper Acid is available for £295.00. See the Transistor Sounds Lab site for details.
A guide to the various features of Stepper Acid.
We were making some demos of Stepper Acid’s features, and Nina got carried away making a track. Enjoy!
Just a few suggestions how you can use B-Step Sequencer in a live performance.
Free trial version you can find here: http://B-Step.Monoplugs.com
This is the MFOS 16 step analog sequencer. 1 channel, 3 cv outs (with portamento control), 2 gates, 2 triggers out, clock input, clock out, coarse/fine control voltage, multi-gate, step/reverse and randome mode.
The case is made of wooden with white finish and is powered with AC100-260V.
In this video the sequencer is controlling the selfoscillation of a VCF with a envelope generator.
More information at hardmod dot tumblr dot com
WOK has released MiniStepper, a free MIDI Step Sequencer Plug-in for Windows. Ministepper is designed to be easy to use.
There are 8 steps, each with velocity, gate length and mute. Several play directions, start- and end-step selectable on the fly. Sequence can be transposed by incoming MIDI notes (polyphonic). Host sync with dottet and triplet speed selection, swing, run on key press, MIDI-channels selectable for combined use, clear layout, free.
Monoplugs has announced B-Step Sequencer 2 – a new version of their MIDI step sequencer.
The new version of the sequencer will be available as VST and Standalone for Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, Raspberry Pi – later Android and as AudioUnit – VST3 is also on the list.
Subscribe to keep up to date!
Soundtrack by http://box-cat.com/ – Thanks!
Happy Birthday Analogue Style!
Here’s an all-analogue Happy Birthday tune featuring various analogue synthesizers and the Oberkorn step sequencer by Analogue Solutions (x 3).
Monoplugs has announced the release of B-Step Sequencer for iPad, a melodic, chord based step sequencer inspired by a bass guitar.
The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation Launchpads. B-Step supports CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI ports, Network MIDI and a lot of MIDI hardware devices. It also supports MIDI Learn, so you can control B-Step’s user interface with any MIDI controller you like.
B-Step can work as MIDI clock master or you can sync it to another clock master.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad features
- Native Novation Launchpad support.
- Advanced MIDI learn.
- 3 color profiles.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Run in background.
B-Step Sequencer for iPad is available for purchase at the introductory price of $16.99 USD until May 15th, 2014.
B-Step on iPad controlled with a Novation Launchpad MINI and the black Micro Kork produces the sound. This is a blues chord progression and I’m just edit one bar that i copy every loop to the others and playing around with some octave shifts. You can get B-Step Sequencer for Linux, Windows, Mac and iPad as VST plugin or standalone.