Klaus Schulze inspired modular synth – KX POLYMOD
KX-Polymod is a free modular synth for Windows, inspired by Klaus Schulze, who the developer calls “my electronic music reference.
- Stereo routing.
- Up to 6 voices.
- 15*12 Matrix controlled by 5*5 Sub matrix, include 4 Kxmod sources!
- 5 Vcos with 5 waveforms, include the TriSaw, with Phase modulation and Sync (Vco1 only).
- Oscillators 100% compatible with the Kx-Modulad’s waveforms (med, 498k).
- 1 Stereo SF2 player (16 and 24 bits).
- 1 SF2 drum set (24 bits, 12 samples, 3.3 Mo).
- 4 Keyboard traking (-10 to 10) for the Vcos and the Vcfs.
- 1 Ring Modulator with EQ.
- 1 Noise Generator with EQ.
- 1 Monophonic LFO with ADSR.
- 2 Mulitmode VCFs (20) with oversampled processes.
- 4 Polyphonic EGs with curves for each segment, velocity and Kbd controls.
- 1 X Y joystick controller.
- 1 Sample & Hold.
- 10 host sync clocks.
- 1 compressor.
- 1 oversampled Distortion.
- 1 Soft Vintage EQ.
- 2 Delays with sync, multimode filter and modulation oscillator with sync.
- 1 Scope with 10 ms of buffer size.
- 1 Frequency display.
- 1 Note pad.
- Full Midi learn.
- Internal Fxp and Fxb management.
- 128 KX’s presets, very 70′s!
KX-Polymod is a free download here >>
Background video description:
Sometime I like to do some improvisation like K. Schulze,
just because this author is my electronic music reference.
I give my apologies for the listeners because
this is not really always correctly played!
It’s just some ideas, a moment, not really solid …
All tracks are done with the Kx-PolyMod, also the drum tracks with its SF2 player.
The way to do this kind of music is always to start with a simple sequence.
I transpose all tracks with the bender, it is limited but I can do that when I feel it.
I used the Kx-MidiFilter to create a bender track.
I used few Kx-synth-x16 voices to do the background sequence (x16)
and one track of the X16 sequencer is used to control drums
with a plate reverb does with the Mverb.
Some sample and hold fx chord tracks are synchronized with the tempo.
The lead is an imaginary Moog lead like KS’s albums of 70′s.