PortaSynth and Calc-U-Synth – new for Native Instruments’ Kontakt 5 platform
Icebreaker Audio has released the PortaSynth and Calc-U-Synth instruments for Native Instruments’ Kontakt 5 platform.
PortaSynth is an emulation of a circuit-bent Yamaha PortaSound PSS130 from 1987. It also includes PortaDrums – a drum machine based on the percussion samples from the same instrument.
Calc-U-Synth is a full emulation of the Casio VL-Tone’s programmable synth engine for Kontakt. It features faithful emulations of all of the VL-Tone’s parameters.
Both PortaSynth and Calc-U-Synth are included in the ToyBreaker Bundle, which also includes HandySynth – a sample based emulation of a circuit bent Yamaha HandySound. Not only does this bundle save you around 25% of the total price of buying the three products separately, but as an added bonus, ToyBreaker Bundle owners also get an exclusive battery kit of drum samples taken from several toy keyboards from the 80s.
- All instrument sounds sampled chromatically at 24bit, 48kHz quality.
- Bent sound counterparts for each of the sampled sounds.
- Advanced speaker options.
- Distortion, filter and spring reverb effects.
- Key-Click and Background Noise controls.
- Also includes the PortaDrum drum machine.
- A full emulation of the Casio VL-Tone’s programmable synth engine.
- All waveforms sampled chromatically at 24bit, 48kHz quality.
- Additional filter, distortion and echo effects.
- Advanced speaker options, and key-click noise control.
- PortaSynth: £7.50 (€9 / $12 approx.).
- Calc-U-Synth: £4.50 (€5.5 / $7 approx.).
- The ToyBreaker Bundle: £12.50 (€15.5 / $20 approx.) – a 25% saving over buying the three products separately.
Upgrade Prices: HandySynth Owners can upgrade to the ToyBreaker Bundle for £9 (€11 / $14) before the 1st September, 2012.
All products are available now from the Icebreaker Audio website.