Sample Free Sounds from the Internet and Build Unique Ableton Drum Racks
In today’s video tutorial, Mad Zach teaches how to capture any sound from a number of creative sources and use those sounds in a playable Drum Rack or Remix Deck. You’ve probably heard clever samples from famous memes and movies, so today we show you how to get some creative snippets of your own.
Here’s the basic steps that I outlined in the video above, available here for easy reference!
- Download + install the free trial of Audio Hijack Pro (Mac only- Windows users see notes below)
- Under “Quick Record” select “System Audio” for your input
- Create a custom recording format (WAV, 44.1 kHZ, Stereo, 16 bit)
- Press “Hijack” and then “Record”
- Play sound to sample
- Press “Record” again to stop
- Load into Ableton or Traktor
- Rock it!