L Studio 32 vs 64 Bit FAQ – http://support.image-line.com/redirec…
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software.
Since we launched FL Studio 64 Bit we’ve had a lot of questions from customers asking if they should switch from FL Studio 32 to 64 Bit. In this video we look at the differences and similarities between these two versions and hopefully make the decision a little clearer.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing. FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio is available for purchase for $99 USD (Fruity Edition) / $199 USD (Producer Edition) / $299 USD (Signature Bundle). New Image-Line customers get a 10% discount on their order.
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studiomusic production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software. The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download for FL Studio owners. Note that the new mixer is not included yet.
More info – http://www.image-line.com/documents/n…
Music by Agnivesh Baghel -https://www.youtube.com/user/Agnivesh…
Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
“We are excited to announce FL Studio Mobile 2.3 for iOS now includes MiniSynth, a real-time synthesizer ready to be used in your FL Mobile projects. Check iTunes for your free update. Android will be updated with MiniSynth sometime earlier in 2014.
MiniSynth (including 70 presets)
Modulation via accelerometer (new option in the keyboard setup).
Transfer button in the in-app shop for emailing your purchases to another device.
Bug fixes (report bugs and we will fix them).
FL Studio Integration
A MiniSynth FL Studio plugin is also in development so you can transfer your MiniSynth FL Mobile projects to FL Studio and get the same sounds.
Android catching up
If you are wondering why the Android catch-up is taking some time, we have been migrating to a cross-platform code base and once that is completed the convergence of the two operating systems will follow rapidly, expect this Q1 2014. Thanks for your patience.
Reviewer, EDM producer, and DJ Francis Preve takes a look at Novation’s latest pad/clip controller for Ableton Live and Image-Line FL Studio. Read the full review in our February 2014 issue.
Reviewer, EDM producer, and DJ Francis Preve takes a look at Novation’s latest keys-meet-pads MIDI controllers for Ableton Live and Image-Line FL Studio. Read the full review in our February 2014 issue.
nucleon & sacco do some impromptu jamming at the 2013 Image-Line developers meet.
Image Line Software has released an update to FL Studio Mobile for Android and iOS. This is a free update for existing FL Studio Mobile customers.
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio Mobile Android 1.2:
- HD graphics for 1080p and 720p devices (removes side bars)
- Sequencer timing accuracy significantly improved
- Fixes various expansion file download and mounting errors
- Fixes wrong sample mapping after zip instrument import
- Minor other bug fixes and performance improvements
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio Mobile 2.2 iOS:
- MIDI start/stop slave and master
- Input gain slider in the recording window (visible with external mic connected)
- AudioCopy 2.0 support (iOS 7 compatible)
- WAV export option to write 1 file per track
Performance & speed:
- Major performance improvements (play more tracks without audio dropouts)
- Audio file editing is up to 5x faster
- Reverb quality and performance improved
- Audio recordings are placed more accurately
- Setup latency options removed, it’s now always at minimum
- Filenames can now contain non-latin characters
- Inbox folder is no longer present, files are moved to the top level folder
- .flml (drum loop) files can be opened from other apps like Mail or Safari
- Overall stability greatly improved
The Android version of FL Studio Mobile, at version 1.2, trails the iOS version significantly. Image Line says that the feature-set of the Android and iOS versions will be harmonized in future updates, including the addition of the following features to the Android version:
- Audio tracks and wave editor
- Background audio (playback while the app runs in the background)
- SoundCloud upload
- In-app shop
- While projects, .flm format, are compatible between Android and iOS, if audio tracks are present they are ignored. If instruments are not avaiable the MIDI data is loaded and the a default instrument is used.
- Android: $19.55 USD
- iOS: FL Mobile HD (universal app): $19.99 USD
Image Line has announced the FL Studio Mac Public Beta is now available. This is a custom Crossover wrapped version of FL Studio for Mac OS X and so is bit-identical to the Windows installer.
FL Studio Groove is a touch-based music production & performance application. With a 10 pad sample-based drum machine and 5 polyphonic synth channels you get all you need need to compose, arrange, edit, mix and perform professional quality music.
Make complete songs, play & program synthesizers, play drums, add effects, edit musical sequences.
– Windows 8 Touch | Music Production Application
– Sequence Drums
– Powerful piano roll for melodic work
– Flexible mixer with production & performance effects
– Two-tire piano keyboard optimized for touch
– 10 drumpads with dual-sample layering
– FX: Glitch, Flanger/Phaser, Delay, Filters, EQ, Bit-crusher & more
– Five 2-oscillator synthesizer channels
– Create basses, leads, pads or experimental sounds
– Record automation of almost any parameter.