Waves Audio has announced that Image-Line’s digital audio workstation FL Studio 12 is now compatible with Waves plugins.
To celebrate, Waves and Image-Line are offering exclusive specials throughout the month of September. Waves is offering FL Studio subscribers a free OneKnob Louder plugin.
In addition, FL Studio users can enjoy a discount of up to 60% on ten select Waves plugins: OneKnob Driver, OneKnob Pressure, CLA Drums, C1 Compressor, H-Comp Hybrid Compressor, H-Delay Hybrid Delay, MaxxBass, PAZ Analyzer, L3 Multimaximizer and L1 Ultramaximizer.
Throughout the month of September, Image-Line is offering Waves users 50% off select Image-Line synth and sequencer plugins: Drumaxx, Groove Machine, Morphine, Poizone, Sakura, Sawer and Toxic Biohazard.
Mick Olesh, Waves EVP of Sales & Marketing, comments, “Waves is excited to join forces with Image-Line, enabling FL Studio 12 users to augment their processing capabilities. This is an additional step in Waves’ continuing strategy of supporting the creative process of recording and mixing by providing all DAW users the freedom to use our plugins everywhere and anywhere.”
Scott Fisher, Image-Line Communications Manager, comments, “Image-Line is excited to announce that FL Studio 12.1 is now compatible with Waves plugins. We are pleased to be Waves-enabled, giving our users the opportunity for enhanced processing capabilities.”
The fastest way from your brain to your speakers
Music by SeamlessR – https://soundcloud.com/seamlessr/seam…
FL Studio 12 features a reworked scalable interface with support for monitors up to 8k, multi-touch support, an updated browser, new channel options and more.
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio 12:
- Updated Editions with more value – FL Studio Fruity edition gains Automation Clips. Producer edition gains Sytrus & Maximus. Signature Bundle gains Harmless, Newtone, Gross Beat and Pitcher. Existing owners also get these great additions.
- Vectorial UI – FL Studio is now 100% vectorial allowing it to be used on 4, 5 or even 8K monitors with pin-sharp fidelity.
- Mixer – Completely redesigned mixer, dynamically resizable with 6 layout styles plus 3-user configurable docking panels (left, centre and right) for track management.
- Multi-fader selection and adjustment. Improved mixer track grouping. Multi-touch support. 10 FX slots per track. Many new multi-track routing automated options.
- Enhanced grouping and submix functions. The dedicated ‘Send’ channels have been replaced with general purpose send tracks and added to the overall track-pool.
- Updated plugins – 3xOSC, Edison, Formula Controller, Peak Controller, Keyboard Controller gain vectorial UIs. Envelope Controller (8 articulators, Mod X/Y envelopes & vectorial UI), Send (can now send to any mixer track & vectorial UI), Hardcore (new tube distortion effect & convolution based cabinet simulation), Patcher (Plugins open outside patcher. Auto patcherizing of existing plugins & multi-touch support). Fruity Convolver new impulse library by Soundiron. Finally, the Channel Settings are now integrated into the Wrapper. ZGameEditor Visualizer – Loads all popular video formats and gains 4K+ rendering.
- Piano roll – Time markers added for labelling and looping purposes. Auto-zoom can now be switched off in the General Settings. Stamp tool replaces chord tool and allows users to click in chords from a selector. Macro to find overlapping notes.
- Editable ghost notes from Piano roll menu > Editable ghosts (Ctrl+Alt+V) allows direct interaction with Ghost Notes as per normal notes.
- Playlist – Drop multiple stems or Audio Clips on the Playlist from any Windows file browser.
- Browser – Improved layout with user configurable category tabs (name and icon). The default categories include Files, Plugins and Current Project providing key content at a glance. Improved file management with Right-click delete options for most content.
- Multi-touch support – Multi-touch has been extended to Mixer functions, Channel settings and Control Surface. Swap between Windows Multi-touch and FL Studio Multi-touch modes.
- Improved 32 & 64 Bit VST plugin support – The wrapper has been redesigned to improve stability and compatibility. The FL Studio Plugin scan tool now allows unlimited VST search locations and quick favoriting.
FL Studio 12 is available now in several version, starting at US $99. A demo version is also available.
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studiomusic production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
Read the manual here:
Get the installer here (log in or create an account to get access):
Reviewer, EDM producer, and DJ Francis Preve takes a look at Novation’s latest pad/clip controller for Ableton Live and Image-Line FL Studio. Read the full review in our February 2014 issue.
Reviewer, EDM producer, and DJ Francis Preve takes a look at Novation’s latest keys-meet-pads MIDI controllers for Ableton Live and Image-Line FL Studio. Read the full review in our February 2014 issue.
Version 2 of the DJ mixing application works either as a standalone program or as a VSTi inside your favourite host. Deckadance can also host any VST compliant softsynth or effect. Control Deckadance using MIDI controllers, timecoded vinyl and CD systems. Choose 2 OR 4 decks. Smart knobs link many interface targets to one knob. GrossBeat automated glitch, stutter & scratch functions. Isolator FX chain up to three FX per deck and apply to Low/Mid/High or all bands. Customizable interface and Smart panels select Cue, Grid, DVS, Key, Smart Knob and Tempo controls.
Deck A1: Toby Emerson – http://www.image-line.com/documents/p…
Deck B: Christoph Maitland, Toby Emerson Feat: Veela – http://www.image-line.com/documents/p…
Deck A2: Seamless – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeamlessR
MIDI script here: http://support.image-line.com/redirec…
Remixing using Deckadance 2 and the Numark N4 controller
Enter the Giveaway – http://synchroarts.us7.list-manage.co…
Setting up the VocALign plugin from Synchroarts. http://www.synchroarts.com/
Dan-D makes some free presets for everyone!