In this video one uses a TC-Helicon VoiceWorks, VirSyn HarmonyVoice app, Ableton Live and abunch of Moog and other synth gear to create an interesting vocal performance environment. Analog Control Voltage step sequencing created by Ableton Live and a Moog Multi-Pedal ad an interesting rhythmic dimension.
Learn more at www.experimentalsynth.com
Background video description:
made Vocaloid sing “The Great Gig in the Sky ”
Here is a simple yet deep Vocal Effect Rack for Ableton Live 9. It has many common effects and some tools to help fight feedback.
AfroDJMac uses a variation of this exact rack for my live performances. It’s a lot of fun and can add a lot of excitement to your performances.
Free Download: http://bit.ly/freesynth85
Visit his site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
Numerical Sound has announced Tone Mutation: Vocals, a Rack Extension for Reason and Reason Essentials.
Numerical Sound Tone Mutation: Vocals (TMV) contains 36 human vowels and animal resonances designed to greatly expand the range of your synthesizer and audio tracks by transforming them into vocal sounds.
High precision resonances dramatically enhance vibrato – giving accurate vibrato tone from any synth. Elevated high frequencies allow TMV to work with maintain clarity and impact on any percussion sound. Dramatically changes the sound of your existing patches, especially pads and full-frequency sounds. The available combinator patch allows smooth morphing through 8 different selectable vocal sounds on any Reason instrument.
Tone Mutation: Vocals features
- 36 Timbral Impulses cover a wide range of vowels and semi-vowels as well as a selection of Walrus, Whale, Alligator, Leopard and Panther vocalizations snapshots.
- The Convolution approach enables capabilities and precision sound that is impossible with parametric and multiband EQ’s.
- Stereo Width, Gain, Pan and Dry/Wet controls make it easy to mix and shape the sounds.
- Audiophile design supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 KHz sample rates, with processing transparently optimized for each sample rate.
- Bonus: Find different ways to use TMV instantly with the free combinator instrument patches. Some patches are available to trial users to get started quickly, but registered users get even more, including intermittent e-mailed updates from Numerical Sound
The Rack Extension is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 55 EUR.
See VocaLive (with iRig MIC for vocal input) and AmpliTube (with iRig HD as input for guitar and bass) with great apps like Audiobus (of course) and GarageBand in this great video. See how easy it is to connect VocaLive with other apps that are compatible with Audiobus.
Audiobus (from Audiobus Pty Ltd) allows the processing and output of audio apps to be used in real time with other apps, thus “connecting” them much like audio cables connect pieces of gear. Singers can now use VocaLive to add stunning vocal effects to their recordings in other apps like AmpliTube or GarageBand, or add instrumentation from other apps to their recordings in VocaLive.
VocaLive for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and AmpliTube for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are now Audiobus compatible. Audiobus is a groundbreaking new app (developed by A Tasty Pixel in cooperation with Audanika) that allows users to connect the audio of multiple apps, opening up countless new sonic possibilities. For example Audiobus lets users send audio out of one app, filter it through the next one in the chain, and receive it in the third. Vocals can be run through a filter or multifx; or a synth could be looped by a looper and its output sent to a recorder; or an electric piano could be run through a guitar multi-FX app and then into a sampler — all in real time.
For more info:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?ite… for more information – VocaLive: http://ikmultimedia.com/vocalive – iRig MIC: http://www.irigmic.com iRig HD: http://www.irighd.com – AmpliTube: http://www.amplitube.com/ios
MaxSynths lets us know that DSP-2 is a high precision insert effect for vocal processing which includes an Intelligent Dynamic Processor, a saturator, a four band equalizer fixed on vocal key frequencies and a room emulator based on the Schroeder reverberator. They say that DSP-2 has been designed to be an easy to understand solution for all your vocal processing needs.
Intelligent Dynamic Processor (IDP)
Four different automatic operative modes:
- Fast attack, fast release
- Fast A, slow R
- Slow A, fast R
- Slow A, slow R
Selectable compression ratio
Saturator with three different operation modes
EQ fixed on vocal key frequencies
Room emulator based on Schroeder reverb model
Transparent increment of the perceived volume level
High precision input/output VU-meter
Low CPU usage
Enter the Giveaway – http://synchroarts.us7.list-manage.co…
Setting up the VocALign plugin from Synchroarts. http://www.synchroarts.com/
How to use SampleWiz to create real-time sampling effects for the Radiohead song “Everything In Its Right Place”
The Washington & Lee University Electronic Music Ensemble (EME) performed the Radiohead song “Everything In Its Right Place” in their Fall ’12 concert. This video describes how they utilized an iPad app called SampleWiz to mimic the real-time sampling effects used by Radiohead in this song. EME members Matt Kinderman ’16 and Rodes Brown ’13 explain and demonstrate these techniques.
Under the direction of Graham Spice, the EME capitalizes on the strengths of its individual members. This ensemble calls upon its performers to utilize their instrumental or vocal talents in new ways incorporating electronic music. In addition, those students who specialize in composition, engineering, and production are given the opportunity to showcase their skills in the creation and performance of this contemporary music. A strong visual element is also included in their concerts provided by computer-generated video projections.
Here are the hottest vocal samples for your tracks, Ableton Live Ready. Enjoy the Swag YOLO!
Visit AfroDJMac’s site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar Elements, the latest addition to the Nectar family of vocal plug-in effects. Built on the same award-winning DSP as Nectar, Nectar Elements features an easy-to-use interface designed with the singer-songwriter, podcaster, or home recordist in mind. iZotope says that, with ten vocal processing effects working behind the scenes, Nectar Elements simplifies vocal production, allowing users to focus on their sound, not their set-up.
iZotope Product Manager, Brett Bunting, told us, “By introducing Nectar Elements, iZotope is pleased to offer single-click vocal production to a broader set of users. Our vocal product line is focused on great sound and simple workflow. With Nectar Elements, anyone can quickly explore a wealth of complete vocal sounds, each with unique and intuitive control.”
Nectar Elements features dozens of Style presets that let you choose between a variety of classic and creative vocal styles, from Motown to Grunge to radio-ready podcast. Easily and quickly adjust the simple controls to find your voice and make it shine.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with professionally-designed Style presets in a wide variety of Genres.
- Personalize your sound with easy-to-use controls that drive sophisticated vocal processing.
- Levels: Quickly get punchy vocals with the loudness you need for consistency across your tracks.
- Space: Help settle your vocals into your mix with delays and reverbs that add ambience and “smoothing.”
- Dedicated per-Style controls: Adjust intelligent sliders that perfectly complement the Genre and Style of choice.
- EQ: Enhance and sculpt the tone of your voice, or adapt any Style to suit your sound’s needs.
- De-Esser: Easily remove unwanted “ess” sounds and sibilance using just one intelligent slider.
- Gate: Remove room tone and other unwanted noise quickly to get vocals crisp and broadcast-ready.
- Automatic Pitch Correction: Fix out-of-tune notes so you can keep those “almost perfect” takes.
Pricing and Availability:
Nectar Elements is now available for MSRP $129 USD or €99 EUR.
Additional preset packs for Nectar and Nectar Elements are available for free at www.izotope.com/nectar/presets