Invisible Instruments, the winning hack by Tim Soo, began at the Boston event. Using Max/MSP and OSCulator, a Wiimote, and iPod touch, the instruments emulate a violin, drum pads
Grout is a granular synthesizer written in Max/MSP.
It uses step sequencing to route individual grains through different effects and create complex textures.
- Four granulation modules, each with 128 voices and dedicated lowpass filters
- MIDI control of all parameters
- Step sequencers for each module, for routing grains through built in delay, flange and overdrive effects
- Select parts of audio files to play grains from, with variable lengths and playback rates
- Linear fades applicable to individual grains, useful for removing popping noises and smoothing out textures.
- ReWire compatible
It’s a free download at 52 Patches.