Vintage synthesizer demo track featuring the Juno-106
all synthesizer sounds: Roland Juno-106 analog synthesizer (1984)
drums: Roland TR-707 (1985)
fx: a bit reverb and delay
New “ethnic” style composition using the Yamaha Motif-6 flute with delay and reverb as well as Motif-6 cymbals. Roland JV-880 is used for a classic analogue string patch and Roland D-50 patch “Juno clav” is used for the accompaniment.
Synths: Yamaha Motif 6 classic
Roland JV-1080 and JV-880
Roland S-10 sampler- midi controller for JV-880
Watch the world premiere of the SH-101 Plug-Out Software Synth as David Ålhund (Roland Expert, V-Topia, NUDE, Tweeky) demonstrates the new software synth running on the new Aira System-1 synth, giving the attendees an exclusive first look at this new Roland hardware and software. He also delivered his signature performance with the Aira TR8, TB3 and VT3 and answered some questions from the audience.
System-1 Plug-Out Synth – http://www.roland.co.uk/products/prod…
Roland has introduced the SH-101 PLUG-OUT, a software synthesizer for the SYSTEM-1.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a complete reproduction of the iconic SH-101 – right down to the fine details and odd quirks that make it one of the most popular classic synthesizers of all time.
Based on Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, it not only reproduces the SH-101’s legendary sounds, but faithfully recreates the very behavior of its analog circuitry – all with a level of authenticity that could only come from the company that created the original.
SH-101 PLUG OUT features
- Total authenticity through face-to-face consultation with the original designers and relentless research beyond the original schematics.
- Meticulously recreated oscillator and filter behavior – hallmarks of the SH-101 sound.
- Authentic behaviors including the unique interaction between low pass filter and envelope controls.
- Faithfully reproduces the unstable fluctuations that resulted from quirks in the SH-101’s circuitry.
- Classic SH-101 synth sounds – bass, lead, noise, and sound effects.
- Software layout features standard gray model, as well as red and blue models originally sold as limited editions.
- Two envelope sections allow different settings for VCF and VCA while maintaining the option of classic SH-101 envelope behavior.
- Reverb, chorus, delay and crusher effects that were not included in the original.
- Run as many instances as your computer can handle.
- Use SYSTEM-1 as a dedicated USB keyboard controller with lighted knobs and sliders that show only available parameters.
- PLUG-OUT with SYSTEM-1 lets you take an authentic SH-101 wherever you go, from mobile production to live performance.
- Transfer sounds between SYSTEM-1 and SH-101 with PLUG-OUT.
- Supports Macintosh and Windows, and AU and VSTi formats.
The SH-101 PLUG-OUT synthesizer will be available to SYSTEM-1 users on July 24th, 2014.
Roland TR-909 Roland vs Korg Electribe “Spirits”; live electronic music jam with drum machines.
Shadowgate Ending musical theme on a modified Minimoog Model D with OSC sync, env. re-trigger and VCO3 Reset.
Polyphony was made with a VST called Notelogic
Life Force Stage 1 musical theme on a modified Minimoog Model D with OSC sync, env. re-trigger and VCO3 Reset.
If you have any questions, leave me a message
Double Dragon – Stage 1 – Nintendo Musical Theme – Roland Jupiter 4
Roland Aira line has been one of the biggest introductions of the year. But months after the introduction, people are still debating how closely the Roland Aira TR-8 and Aira TB-3 match the original Roland TB-303, TR-808 and TR-909 , Paul Barker of DIN Sync, takes an in-depth look at the Aira TR-8 and TB-3.
Moog Little Phatty
DSI Prophet 08
Novation Bass Station 2
Roland Alpha Juno 2
Lexicon MX 300
TC Electronic M 300
EHX Small Stone
The Roland AIRA crew headed to Movement in Detroit – a city integral to the history of electronic music and to our history as a company. AIRA gear was in lots of the performance rigs – keeping the music thumping and the crowds jumping. Check out this video of highlights including cutting edge new artists and techno legends.
A quick look inside the Roland Aira VT-3 . nothing much to see really but I end the video by trying out a few instruments through it and using it as an effects unit for the TR-8 and TB-3 and AX-Synth