TB 303 – VST
Spectralhead Audio has released SilverBox, a VST instrument plug-in for Windows based on Roland’s legendary TB-303. Finally someone who honors the old vintage legends :-). Just a pitty its only available on Windows – shape up guys.
- Authentic monophonic analog bassline emulation
- Easy-to-use interface
- Oscillator with saw/square waveforms
- 18 dB/oct. analog modeled multimode filter, lowpass/highpass/bandpass modes
- Sequencer with piano roll, accent & slide
- Variable pattern length (1-16)
- Advanced randomize functions
- 16x oversampled distortion with minimum aliasing (soft, hard clipping, soft foldback, hard foldback)
- Optimized DSP code using SIMD instructions
- Customizable MIDI CC automation
What the manufacturers claim:
At the beginning of the 80s, a new bass synth appeared on the market. Aimed at bass-guitarists, it featured an in-built sequencer with slides and accents. Only about a decade later did it become one of the most popular instruments in certain styles of acid, techno, house and trance music. Since that, numerous copies and software and hardware emulations have been born, which all try to grasp the character of this wonderful synth. We did our best to reincarnate this instrument as an authentic-sounding, convenient and easy-to-use VSTi plugin. Countless hours were spent on analysis and measurements, with the goal of making the most-authentic sounding emulation. As a result of the research, SilverBox was born, 25 years after the creation of the machine.