We teased the upcoming release a couple of days ago and here it is – somewhat faster than we thought the new TeraSynth, details below:
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Modular Analog Synthesis
• Modular synthesizer with free connections between modules.
• 25 Sound Modules
• 4 Low frequency oscillators
• 4 Standard ADSR Envelope generators.
• 4 Multi Segment Envelopes with tempo sync.
• 64 time/level segments per envelope
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
• More than 920 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Chorus with four delay lines.
• 8 pole Analog Phaser.
• Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation
• Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
• Dozens of scales selectable
• Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Audiobus compatible (Input slot).
• Inter App Audio
• Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• MIDI learn functionality.
• Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
Live improv/mix with Nord Lead 3 and Analog Keys. Berlin School style electronic music.
Modular Analog Synthesis for the iPad
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Available soon in the App Store !
Goldbaby has introduced Thermionic Solid State Drums, drums and FX created using a collection of 11 old and new analog drum machines and 6 synths.
Samples were recorded through a 1073 pre, then a Fat Bustard II valve mixer and various other high end studio gear.
Lots of the sounds have multiple samples for velocity mapping. Most of the kicks and congas are tuned. Also included are a bunch of analog sourced layering tools which are incredibly useful for beefing up kicks, adding sizzle to snares or transient clicks to kicks…
Drum machines used: CR8000 (Modded), Tempest, Tanzbar, DRM1 mkIII, M.Brane, Volca Beats, Mrs Bass Drum, Andromeda Space Rockers, Clap Trap, Thunderclap, Space Drum, D1000 (Valve drum machine).
Synths used: Prophet 12, PERfourMER, Leipzig-S, Analog Four, MS20, SH101
- 5070 x 24 bit wav samples
- 38 x Bonus Rex loops
- With support for Maschine, Geist, Battery 3, EXS-24, Reason Refill
Instruments used to create Thermionic Solid State Drums.http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/tssd.html
Elektron has released Analog Rytm OS 1.01, and update that introduces two new machines. BDFM (Bass drum FM) and SDFM (Snare drum FM) are based on linear FM synthesis and give the Analog Rytm with new sonic possibilities.
OS 1.01 introduces two new machines. BDFM (Bass drum FM) and SDFM (Snare drum FM) are based on linear FM synthesis and endow the Analog Rytm with even more sonic possibilities. Other improvements brought by OS 1.01 include more copy/paste options and several usability tweaks. For a full list of changes, see the documentation included with the upgrade zip-file.
Audio examples of the new FM machines in action can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/elektron/sets/…
Analog Rytm OS 1.01 is available for free download athttp://www.elektron.se
Darker Digital has released Kickboxer for Kontakt 5.
Kickboxer is designed around the sound of analog 808 drum machines processed with high end outboard gear – designed to deliver punchy transients and analog overtones.
On top of an analog 808 kit, Kickboxer includes many other analog drum and digital synth bass sounds. Kickboxer’s internal step sequencer features a piano roll for basslines, a gated reverb and other sequenced effects.
The GUI also includes controls for transistor and tube distortion, tape saturation, a ladder filter, a convolution reverb and a bus compressor.
Price: $99. There is a $69 introductory offer until June 19th, 2014, at the Darker Digital online store.
Elektron has announced that Analog Rytm, a hardware 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support, is now available for purchase.
- 8 drum voices, each with:
- Specialized analog percussion sound generator.
- sample playback (16-bit/48kHz/mono).
- analog overdrive.
- analog multi-mode filter.
- 12 velocity & pressure sensitive pads.
- Analog stereo master compressor & distortion.
- Reverb & Delay send FX.
- Elektron step sequencer.
- Chromatic, Performance, and Scene mode.
- Live oriented beat control.
- Individual voice outputs.
- Drive storage for projects, patterns, kits, songs, sounds and samples.
- Included in the box:
- 1 Power Supply Unit.
- 1 Power Supply cable of your selection (EU, US, UK, AUS).
- 1 Analog Rytm Quickstart Guide.
- 1 USB cable.
Pricing & Availability
Analog Rytm can be purchased in the Elektron Online Shop or from your favorite Elektron dealer. It costs $1549 / €1489 / £1249 / ¥174900. The demand is high and initial supplies are limited, so please note that it will be sold on a first come, first served basis – and that early orders might take a few days extra to process and ship.
Overbridge, the technology that erases the line between analog hardware and software plug-in instruments and makes it possible to seamlessly integrate the Analog Rytm in a DAW environment will be a part of a free OS update expected to be released Q4 2014.
Stunning analog drum machine with parameter locks, two kicks and 2 Step Sequencer Tracks.
Programming a Pattern on the MFB TANZBÄR. I could be easier, honestly. Since ethere is no display you must observe and read the red, yellow and green states of the LED carefully!!!
Synthesis and Samples are used in this demo. Wanted to focus on the Performance Mode during this composition. This mode allows you to assign parameters from any tracks to the pads and manipulate them with pressure!
Elektron has released full specs on the new Analog Rytm, its new drum machine.
Eight analog drum voices take advantage of several dedicated analog circuit designs, each of them tuned for generating a distinct class of analog drum sounds. For percussive flexibility, every voice can also be ‘spiced up’ with customizable samples.
- 8 drum voices, each with: Specialized analog percussion sound generator. Sample playback. Analog multimode filter. Analog overdrive.
- 12 velocity & pressure sensitive pads
- Analog master compressor & distortion
- Reverb & Delay send FX
- World class Elektron step sequencer
- Chromatic, Performance, and Scene modes
- Performance oriented beat control
- Individual voice outputs
Analog Rytm, the analog drum machine from Elektron, is just around the corner. Now the full specifications- and the first proper audio demos – have been published online. Elektron describes Analog Rytm as an 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support. The analog circuits and the sample engine are ingeniously handled by clever software. Drum pads and an Elektron sequencer provide maximized playability. Here’s some details in Elektron’s own words…
A more powerful drum machine
The Analog Rytm pushes the limit of what is possible to achieve with a single machine. The eight analog drum voices take advantage of several dedicated analog circuit designs, each of them fine-tuned for generating a distinct class of analog drum sounds. For ultimate percussive flexibility, every voice can also be spiced up with customizable samples. The perfect unity of analog drum sounds and samples simply goes beyond.
Beats with character
Plenty of tools are available for shaping the vibe of the beats. Affect every voice with its own analog multimode filter and analog overdrive circuit. To add shimmer and polish to the rhythms, the reverb and delay send FX will prove invaluable. And before the beats hit the sound system, the analog compressor and analog distortion of the master channel will ensure proper pump and grit. The sound of the Analog Rytm has no match.
The twelve back-lit, velocity and pressure sensitive drum pads offer beat smiths a quick and spontaneous way of creating rhythms. At the same time, the critically acclaimed Elektron step sequencer offers features like manipulating sounds on a per sequencer step basis. The combination of drum pads and step sequencing gives both instant results and the opportunity of detailed editing. The ultimate beat is just around the corner.
Pricing: $1549 / 1489 Euro /£1249
It is not possible to order the Analog Rytm just yet, but you may sign-up to the waiting list to be notified the second it becomes available.