Video demo of Grendel RA-9 Grenadier. An 8-bar phrase is traded back and forth between the synthesizers to show a variety of tones and filterbank modulations. Sequenced by CV-Gate with Vermona MIDI-CV converter.
The Grendel RA-9 Grenadier is a 1-oscillator analog monosynth with CV-Gate control. It has a semi-modular design in a tabletop enclosure with 1/4? audio output.
The Grenadier can be played stand-alone by using its keypad with 4 independently tuneable keys, or you can activate its onboard sequencer for rhythm loops and tone sequences. Patch in a 1v/oct MIDI-CV converter (not included) and the Grenadier can play sequences from a MIDI workstation or computer.
The Grenadier’s palette of analog tones comes from its triple bandpass filter bank with syncable modulation. Its voice is designed for electronic basslines and melodic sequences, as well as slow drones, electro percussion loops, bass drums and more.
The filter bank can also become a tone source by setting it to self-oscillate with warm low frequency overdrive.
The Grenadier’s VCO offers square and triangle waveform. Its pitch can be modulated by the envelope generator for bass drops and other tuned analog percussion effects. The VCO waveform is synced to gate, for better bass output with staccato sequences.
The decay envelope generator offers a wide range of decay times up to 60 seconds. The contour of the envelope can be reversed with the bipolar Envelope Depth knob, putting it solidly in the electro funk zone. The Grenadier’s LFO covers a wide range of 0.05 Hz (that’s once cycle every 20 seconds) up to 60 Hz, and can be reset by gate events for tempo-sync effects.
The patch bay allows semi-modular control and multiplies the creative options when patching to itself, another Grenadier, MIDI-CV converters, and modular systems.** Fourteen patch points are provided including CV and gate in and out, clock in and out, LFO rate CV, and external audio input. It accepts Eurorack-type 1/8” (3.5mm) mono phone plugs.
The Grendel Grenadier has a straightforward knob-per-function layout. Each switch on the front panel has a red status LED. The case is built of laser-cut steel with durable powder coat and silkscreened graphics.
Pricing and release date for the Grendel RA-9 Grenadier are to be announced, but Rare Waves says it is coming ‘spring 2015′.
Vintage gear demo featuring the Boss DR-55
supported by UVI: http://bit.ly/retrosound-uvi
Boss DR-55 “Dr.Rhythm” analog drum machine from the year 1979
4 Instruments (BD, SD, HH, RS), Accent, Tone, 2x Trigger Out,
step by step programming,
Sampler using analog filters like EMU Emulator I, II, III, Emax, Prophet 2000, 2002, 3000, Studio 440, DSS 1
Here you can download first wholly brand new software to be written for the Ensoniq Mirage, for something like 20 years:https://github.com/gordonjcp/miragetools
KORG DSN-12 is an all-new music creation tool for Nintendo 3DS created by DETUNE and KORG. KORG DSN-12 features 12 analog-style synthesizers, with three effects each, plus a 64-pattern sequencer, and even a 3D oscilloscope so you can watch your music take shape!
Korg DSN-12 – an ‘analog-style’ synth app for the Nintendo 3DS – is now available.
Korg DSN-12 provides twelve monophonic synthesizers, based on the Korg MS-10 analog synthesizer. Each can have three effects, letting you create a broad range of sounds. You can assemble sequences into patterns, and save up to 64 patterns for use. Songs can be created by freely connecting patterns together.
Music: “Oscillodriver (Play the KORG DSN-12) ” composed by PAINTVOX.
*All the music including all sounds and FX processing was made with the KORG DSN-12
KORG DSN-12 is available for download from the Nintendo eShop in North & South America and Europe.
Demo of some sounds from the above mentioned sound set. With this pack I tried to get closer to the sound of an analogue synth. Of course, a VA can replace an analogue, but if you already own a NL3, you can try make it sounds like an analogue synth. Please ignore the sound that get stacked on the background, sometimes my Logic Pro is having fun sending MIDI signals (I noticed only after I finished the demo.
Presets can be found at: http://www.albaecstasy.ro/nord-lead-3…
EverythingTurns has announced the release of Wraith, a PolyMod Rack series polyphonic modular analog synthesizer instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Wraith is available in two form factors, the larger Wraith SQR has two built-in sequencers that can run independently to each other, Wraith Mini has all the same synthesis capabilities and is better suited for smaller screens.
- PolyMod is more of a template than an ensemble and has features built-in that will make the whole process of building new ensembles at ET better in so many ways.
- All PolyMod ensembles have a consistent user interface making the learning curve for new designs greatly reduced.
- PolyMod has skins built in – 22 to choose from and they are saved with each snapshot, having different colours for different tracks in a sequencer makes a lot of sense, red for bass and blue for pads, etc.
- All PolyMod ensembles are pre-order only, this means no instant downloads, when an order is placed the instrument will be sent to you within a day or so and you will have the only copy, the original encrypted version is kept on the server as a backup if needed.
- Each Ensemble is Unique to you.
Wraith is available for purchase for £18 GBP (SQR)/£14 GBP (Mini), or £28 GBP for a bundle of both. Requires Reaktor version 5.8+.
We teased the upcoming release a couple of days ago and here it is – somewhat faster than we thought the new TeraSynth, details below:
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Modular Analog Synthesis
• Modular synthesizer with free connections between modules.
• 25 Sound Modules
• 4 Low frequency oscillators
• 4 Standard ADSR Envelope generators.
• 4 Multi Segment Envelopes with tempo sync.
• 64 time/level segments per envelope
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
• More than 920 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Chorus with four delay lines.
• 8 pole Analog Phaser.
• Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation
• Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
• Dozens of scales selectable
• Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Audiobus compatible (Input slot).
• Inter App Audio
• Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• MIDI learn functionality.
• Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
Live improv/mix with Nord Lead 3 and Analog Keys. Berlin School style electronic music.
Modular Analog Synthesis for the iPad
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Available soon in the App Store !
Goldbaby has introduced Thermionic Solid State Drums, drums and FX created using a collection of 11 old and new analog drum machines and 6 synths.
Samples were recorded through a 1073 pre, then a Fat Bustard II valve mixer and various other high end studio gear.
Lots of the sounds have multiple samples for velocity mapping. Most of the kicks and congas are tuned. Also included are a bunch of analog sourced layering tools which are incredibly useful for beefing up kicks, adding sizzle to snares or transient clicks to kicks…
Drum machines used: CR8000 (Modded), Tempest, Tanzbar, DRM1 mkIII, M.Brane, Volca Beats, Mrs Bass Drum, Andromeda Space Rockers, Clap Trap, Thunderclap, Space Drum, D1000 (Valve drum machine).
Synths used: Prophet 12, PERfourMER, Leipzig-S, Analog Four, MS20, SH101
- 5070 x 24 bit wav samples
- 38 x Bonus Rex loops
- With support for Maschine, Geist, Battery 3, EXS-24, Reason Refill
Instruments used to create Thermionic Solid State Drums.http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/tssd.html